What’s gone wrong with this blog?

January 11, 2010

Blog Guy, what’s up with your blog? You used to vow that nobody would EVER learn anything here, but suddenly we’re finding out about Ned Kelly, Kalashnikov Rifles… Plus, words like “plethora” and “duvet” are showing up! I hate to complain, but…

education combo 490

I know, I’m sorry. I got myself into a bind. For tax purposes I’ve had to restructure my blog as an educational tool, so that pathetically substandard schools can offer credit to students who read it.

education cat 240The students can take 20 of my Quick Quizzes as a final exam. I was hoping my other readers wouldn’t notice…

Hah! You think we don’t notice when our heads start to hurt after reading your blog?

Can’t  you just try to forget the stuff as quickly as possible?

No way. The damage is done. We can’t overlook this!

Hey, look up there, reader! A polecat and an Alabama cheerleader making somewhat similar faces!

education victoria 160Heh heh, that’s kind of funny. What was I saying before? It was something about…

Look here, reader! a Victoria’s Secret model and a cat dressed as a rabbit!

Gee, what a minty-fresh soothing sensation… Just keep the stuff coming, Blog Guy!

Indubitably, faithful reader!

A wild polecat yawns during an exhibition in Russia’s Siberian city of Krasnoyarsk, January 10, 2010. REUTERS/Ilya Naymushin

An Alabama Crimson Tide cheerleader takes part in the pregame show in Pasadena, January 7, 2010. REUTERS/Mike Blake

A Turkish Angora cat, dressed in a rabbit costume, is seen during a carnival dress show at the exhibition in Krasnoyarsk, January 10, 2010. REUTERS/Ilya Naymushin

A model presents a creation during a Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in New York, November 19, 2009. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson

I’m a man but I have suddenly started to love pink color… is this normal?

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

A cat dressed as a rabbit??? Who is taking the meds?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

oooooooo…. I get a shoe shot!! Any more Bob?? (fluttering eyelids)

Good day, Shra… Say, looks like you’ve got a tic in your eye. Better see a doctor about that…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I aint got no tick in mah eye, y’hear?
Gimme more of them shoe shots, mah man…

Yippee, shoes!

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

Calm down Blog Guy, it’s Ok. Help is on the way.

(Methinks Bob has eaten one too many doughnuts this morning)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Dave, I’d say the one taking the meds is the cheerleader in the second pic. She seems about ready to swallow the camera… either that or she’s just seen the rehearsal of our new group The Baslers and she’s expressing her strong emotion!!!

Happy birthday Shra?!

RB, I looove the cat dressed as a wabbit! Too cute, he even looks like my cat! Of course, I couldn’t put my cat in a costume like that. He still has his dignity and would shred my hand to ribbons!

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

PS. Hysterical laughter does NOT constitute an adequate expression of emotion when watching The Baslers rehearsals. Hence, lovely ms. Cheerleader has been kindly requested to leave the premises and never again set foot in the house

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

PPS. Panic and intense fear are also not acceptable expressions of emotion. Those of you fainthearted need not attend rehearsals or concerts in the future.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Shra I do believe those shoes look like they have wheels on them..like some sort of super-model version of high-heeled rollar-blades. Does that still count?

Now that BG brings it up, this blog is missing more shots of cheerleaders. That would definetly perk up the morning!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Thanks E! :)
Well, Mr.Pilot… you fly up in the air and I would go flying on Mother Earth if I wore those… Nevertheless, I do like to imagne myself as a skilled and un-beatable roller skater… so, they fit well in my imagination…..

Oh and I like the polecat… and I like the cabbit.. :)
At least their pics… the only cat I truly like is Garfield… he is just so ….. rude!!!!

Shra, check out Garfield without Garfield, it’s…it’s…depressingly funny! Speaking of needing meds :D

RB..what else have you got for us today?

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Happy birthday, Shra! I hope you have a beautiful day, in spite of the snow and wind. And on being rude, it IS very rude to zap people on your birthday! (Or was it on their birthday?? I get a bit confused after my afternoon dose kicks in)

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Happy birthday Shra! What plans do you have to celebrate such a monumentous occassion? Shoe shopping perhaps? I can not imagine that you would want to be the most skilled and unbeatable rollar skater wearing an outfit such as that. Well I could, but then that would make me a pig. ha ha.

I am starting to see why meds are necessary.

Mr. fwd079… it is indeed normal for a man to love the color pink. I certainly do love how well that model wears that pink outfit myself.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Happy birthday, Shra. Thanks for helping to brighten our days….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Awwww!!! Thanks, you guys!! Arent you the sweetest!! (sniff sniff…. wiping tears and slyly winking at Garfield)

E, I cant imagine Garfield without Garfield… except that it would have a lot of Jon.. and Oddie… which is actually not bad for a couple of days… :P

M, it is rude to zap people on their b’day… so, let me know when your’s is… and I would zap you… :P
Mr.Pilot… I am, at this moment, browsing through shoe sites… hopefully, I should make a decision soon…

Bob… you are the best and only Blog Guy I have ever known!!

Well guys, I wouldn’t normally post a link in my comment, except that I love the Garfield without Garfield site so much, for it’s ‘existential angst’.

Also…it makes me realise just how much I love my cat!

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

That cat has a look on its face that says “You have to sleep sometime.”

Posted by kgolden1 | Report as abusive

Blog guy, there’s such a plethora of foul ups on your site that it sends me into hiding under my duvet (if I only had one). For one thing, what’s up with the posting times. My clock says it’s 1:58 p.m. on Jan. 11, but your posts are for 4:18 p.m., 4:13 p.m., etc. How do you get your fans to write into the future? I want to do that, too.

Posted by slick9 | Report as abusive

Hey Slick, welcome back! If you’re going to use big words in this blog, at least misuse them, for Lord’s sake. We’ve got a virtual anathema full of new vocabulary here!

As for the posting times, they all look chronological on my browser, though if you’re seeing future times it’s possible that local times are getting through somehow. We have regular commenters from Afghanistan, Scotland, Wales, Ireland, Australia….

Hey look! A polecat and an Alabama cheerleader!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

yeah yeah yeah…. Blog Guy has a plethora of commenters from ALLL OVER THE WORLD!!!!! I used that word for the first time… ;)
Unca, you are simply the best, man!!!

I’m signing off now to head for Shra’s birthday bash tonight. It’s at the usual hangout, so please show up if you can, everybody.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Naturally since I’m the Blog Guy, I’ll be buying sushi and single malt scotch for all the regular commenters… See you there!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

[...] I was afraid this would happen once I got tagged as an educational blog. Sure, go [...]

Alas I guess I have not earned the rank of regular commenter yet as I was not made aware of the usual hangout. While I do realize it has to be an earned title it does upset me knowing I will miss out on sushi and single malt scotch. I do love sushi and single malt scotch does make me quite happy!

Oh well, perhaps at the next bash to be held. I do look forward to earning the ranks of regular commenter.

I do hold the rank of regular pain-in-the-ass with my girlfriend. heh

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Single malt you say…?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

a) I thought that the cat was dressed as a sumo wrestler.

b) Whilst I’ve been away the comment section of BG’s blog has become a discussion forum for topics completely unrelated to the post. This will require a re-adjustment of my meds. Please continue with your regularly scheduled programming.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

Hold on, LMR. I hardly think being unconscious counts as “being away.” And anyway, people have been worried about you.
See you tonight at Shra’s birthday celebration?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I wasn’t unconscious! At least, I don’t remember being unconscious. It’s funny that YOU know that I was unconscious BG …

And of course … I see that the scotch and sushi are on you – I’m in!

(Happy birthday Shra!)

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by rbasler: This blog makes my head hurt! http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/01/11/whats-gone-wrong-with-this-blog  /…

Thanks, you guys!!!!
Well, since I am not a fan of either sushi or single malt ( vodka/rum are my ultimate favourites)… I made sure BG paid for them….
Mr. Pilot… you would know soon… you just need to be here, each day like clockwork…. I am sure you will soon be counted in our ranks!!

Wait a minute. I’m SURE I saw iflydaplanes there last night, knocking back tumblers of Laphroaig like there was no tomorrow. I even saw him talking to Shra as she drank her distinctive vodka/rums on the rocks.

I remember, because I thought wow, you rarely see a chick drinking a good vodka and rum these days…. And then I thought, mixing vodka and rum probably explains why she’s wearing flip-flops…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Last night… last night… I seem to remember something about last night, I’m just not sure. After a plethora of shots of Talisker and a few Xanax-sprinkled, chocolate-filled doughnuts it got somewhat hazy…

Although I think I do remember something about some flip-flops and a duvet with a Kalashnikov rifle…

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Bob… that was surely someone else…. you wouldnt catch me DEAD in a pub/bar/outside for that matter, with flipflops… unless ofcourse its a beach and we are having a beach party…. which we were NOT yesterday….

What’s wrong? I don’t know about you, but Reuters can improve its publications by using spell check. “An Alabama Crimison Tide cheerleader … ” – CRIMSON.

Posted by noojinb | Report as abusive

Very good eyes. I’ve corrected it. Thanks.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Did you all see the shoes Shra had on? Nice.

How would I describe this blog and it’s commenters?

Desultory (but in a good way).

Sorry, it took a few minutes for the doughnuts to kick in.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Yoou know something, just so that we are actually commenting on something in the blog (Happy LMR?)… dont you think that VS model’s ribs are a bit tooooo prominent?

Y is it called costal flair?????

I’m still loving that cat dressed as a rabbit.

My cat was sleeping by my side last night, too cute for words with his little paws curled up in mid-air, his nose twitching as he dreamed.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Aww… that is cute… Made me smile… God knows, I need to smile when there are so many nutters around…. I was gonna say nuts, and that’s true too… sorry, my mind is full with BG’s Beaver blog… :P

Try to be more kind, Shra. Without your vast supply of modern meds, you might be a nutter, too….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Shra, does that mean you don’t consider yourself to be a nutter??!?!?!

I feel deeply betrayed and disappointed, I must say!!! Now I need to go back to my Other support group meetings!!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Bob, M…. i am a nutter… just that I am more sane than the other nutters… thats coz I have my meds and BG’s blog…
The other nutters dont…didnt mean to hurt your feelings M… :(

Tim, I’ll join you in the love for sweet things that stick to your palate and are hard to swallow… my meddies sometimes do that, so… gotta love them!

What are fluffernutters?

It doesn’t matter what they are. We need a few more comments to take over the #1 spot from all the whackadoos who kidnapped the Blog on the Brand Recognition post.

Keep up the good work!

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Shra, lemme illustrate here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluffernutt ers

But, shhhh!!! *whispering really low* Don’t tell anyone you learnt anything in this blog! We don’t want to be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Thanks for Noticing, Bill, and keep ‘em coming. I would love to see this one overtake the one with all the comments from gun nuts – er, enthusiasts.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Bill? Shra? Unca? JustM? Come on, as Bill points out, just a few more to go for the record…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I did have a question concerning this Blog, and yes I know that it rarely happens that the comments are in fact in any way related to the Blog, but do we have to take all 20 Quick Quizzes?

I apologize if the overmedicated amongst us missed that in the actual Blog.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

If you follow the QUIZ tag in my Tag Cloud you’ll actually find lots more than 20 quick quizzes, but to get course credit, students just have to take 20 of them. Actually, they don’t even need to get any answers right.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Why do you ask, Bill? Are you thinking of going for a “degree” with a major in Oddly Enough? I’ll warn you, it helps to know quite a bit about bullfighting, fashion, goofy faces and gyrocopters. Whoops, I practically gave away the whole final exam.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Ah, fluffernutters… My jar of Marshmallow Fluff is almost empty and I no longer have an admirer from the Deep South to post random joy across the pond… I’ll have to settle for odd blogness instead.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

That is an excellent idea!

What could we call such a Degree? I already have a BS….hey!?

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Imma let you finish, but I never had my question answered from the December 26th Blog.

(Just helpin’ out).

Posted by KWest | Report as abusive

I will admit Mr. B. that I did crash the party. I flew around for hours trying to locate the bash cause I do so enjoy sushi and single malt and the company of good people. Finally I did find it and very lucky I did cause by then I had run out of fuel.

That’s why there was a plane out back.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Well Fly Guy, you would certainly NEED a plane to crash a party of our commenters, because they are scattered all over the world. Shra, LMR, Egeria CrowGirl and Dave for instance, live in totally different countries from each other, scattered all over the world. And I don’t even KNOW where Unca, or you, CAM, or lots of other commenters live….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Of course!!! Get my birthday blog to Number 1 spot, people!!! Yoooohoooo!!!
Oh, I know peanut butter!! You guys had nutella ever? Its heaven guys… puuuuuuuure heaven!

By my calculation, this comment should push Shra’s so-called birthday blog into the number one slot. Well done, everybody!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Congrats on being number one Mr. B.

I was hoping you would get the “crash the party” and “ran out of fuel” joke I tried to mix into my last comment. It sounded good in my head. heh

I live on an island. A long one.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Yeah, I got it, I was just playing along. Hmmm. A long island. I feel there’s a clue somewhere….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I feel pleased that there is a blog that now has more comments than the gun one that nearly made me take all my meds and move to Madagascar.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!

LMR, so you did want to move out of Mt. Isa in the first place????? Wow! Just wow!

I, Robert, live in the land of chocolate, cheese, and secret bank accounts -er, precision mechanisms!

But please, oh please, do NOT crash anything near me! I am very nervous since my dosage has been reduced (thanks, Robert, your blog is the remedy here!!) and I don’t want to get even more paranoid… Isn’t that a plane flying down on me?!?!? RUUUUUN!!!

Sorry, back to the good old dose again!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Roll call of countries? This could be fuuuuuun. I’ll start.

I live in Laa laa land, near the border of Neverneverland. I can see the Cliffs of Insanity from my house.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, the key question is whether you can see Hogwarts from your window. If you can’t, then I don’t think I’ll be able to come visiting for a while…

You can see Hogwarts from where I live… for real! :P
But not exactly see.. but you know, its easily reachable… :P

I’m sorry M, I can’t see Hogwarts from here. Though I can see Conclusions…it’s just a hop, skip and a..teehee…jump.

Ahhh I kill me!

C.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, since when did you start signing off your posts with a C?? Or is that you have a secret identity?? Maybe a split personality?

Hmm…it seems I really can’t speel today. Even one letter words defy me!!

Is there a blushing smiley?

:blush:

E. yes, that’s right…E. not to be confused with C, I left my other personality at home today.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I have trouble speaking at times… does that count?
Oh, by the way, just 19 more comments.. and we hit the century!!!

And here I’ve been feeling like hitting something all day. Go figure!

Shra, it’s ok if you have trouble speaking. I imagine all the drool gets in the way?

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E… no, I dont drool all the time… my office has a dearth of good looking single men… so, NO drooling there… the only time I drool is when I browse for shoes.. and when I see good looking guys and shoes on THE blog…. hey, speaking of which…. Bob, how about some good looking amigos next? Since you are in the panderinng mood…:) (fluttering eyelids!!)

Shra, you’ve really got to get that eye allergy looked at! I mean, it’s getting rather frequent, now!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Oh Shra, you mean your meds don’t make you drool? Your eyes glaze over? Those are some gooood meds!

:P

Sadly, my office also has a severe lack of eye candy. Really, something has to be done! I must discuss that with my boss :D

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, I somehow have the feeling your boss is quite impermeable to your suggestions. Hence, may I suggest you print and tape around your desk images of Shra’s Mr. Fab Abs and some of the other people Robert has blogged about. I think that is probably more effective!

M

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

M, you are quite right. The only reason my boss got me a muffin and coffee yesterday was because I’m the one he sent to get HIS coffee and muffin :P

I do have pictures of cats up at my desk. Maybe I should print off pics of Gerry Butler instead. It bears thinking about. Mmmm thinking about Gerry Butler…

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E!!! You just made my day……. oh, Gerard Butler… Gosh, what a hunk…. drooooooooooool……….
M, I aint got no eye allergy… I have had friends say that my fluttering eyes are quite a rage… apparently, they make susceptible guys do the things I ask… ;)

Shra, I’m not an actual doctor, but you think that fluttering could be caused by that green goop behind your ears?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I tend not to bat my eyes…the little welling of a tiny tear does the trick for me.

Might have to try that on Gerry Butler :P…amongst other things.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E… you are making me day dream girl… not abt u and Gerry… but me and Gerry… oh man!!!!
Bob… you got more green goop behind your ears… you spent more (y)ears than me collecting them…. :P

He is indeed an ‘oh man’ Shra! Be still my heart! Watched 300 again the other day. Yowza! Now there’s fuel for dreams!

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

300 – scantily clad leather gimp armour for the win ! Why did anyone think something had gine wrong with this blog ?!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Wrong? What could possibly go wrong with a blog full of drooling, meddie-filled, oddities for readers who are overly active in commenting?

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

The only thing gone wrong with this blog is the amount of time I now take reading and commenting! When I should be working.

Watched 300 last night. And found out this week that Michael Fassbender will be in town next month filming a movie. Yowza! Are y’all jealous?

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, that is the thing NOT wrong with the blog… like Guru Tim Cat may say… “the work of the meek and innocent never ends”… you are neither… so, your work ends… and the time saved you spend on getting this blog to 100 comments… with the help of your co-non-workers…. that’s US!! :)

Time for my meddies!!!! ATTTACCCKKKKKKKKKK!

You are quite right Shra. I am neither meek, nor innocent :P

I think it’s ironic that blog post entitled ‘what’s gone wrong with this blog’ is about to reach 100 comments.

I’m running low on meds. I’ve needed double the dose just to get through my day!

E. (wondering if there are any other smileys here than :D, :) and :P) :?

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Who wants the honor of posting the 100th comment to this item?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Imma let you finish, HEY don’t tase me bro!!!!!

Posted by KWest | Report as abusive

I do! I do! It was my idea to beat the former number one.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

And we did it!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaa!!!!!! Drinks on me folks!!!

I’ll have a beer please Shra And thanks! Snacks are on me :)

Virtual parties…all the fun without the mess (or expense). Though I think RB should fly us all to somewhere awesome for a real party. Any suggestions?

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I guess I’ll have one of those rum and vodkas that Shra says she drinks.

Bora Bora…. :)

The Banyan Tree in the Maldives would be my first choice. If I ever won the EuroMillions I’d fly all my friends there for a week long party!

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

If only one of the commenters were a pilot…..he said subjunctively.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

And only if the author of the blog would arrange for everyone to meet… she wished ardently…

Let’s see, Shra. My Facebook Blog Network just topped 6,600 members, times average bus fare of say $40 each to Muncie, Indiana, and a large circus tent to hold everybody, and Vienna sausages, and 400 boxes of Jujubes to distribute in pill bottles to look like meds…. This is getting expensive…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Can there be a price on fandom RB?

Cost of logging on to read Oddly Enough: negligable
Cost of joining the Facebook blog network: nil
Cost of having a hoarde of fans?: Priceless.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Shra, I’ll have a Vodka Martini, shaken, not stirred, please.

Robert, this is the price of fame and recognition. On the other hand, you could arrange a meeting of the regular commenters on your blog. That would be much easier:

- Booking a friendly looney bin – rather cheap.
- Giving us all coloured sugary water to simulate meds – even cheaper
- Having a laugh watching us all drool like imbeciles – priceless.

I agree with E…. nice Visa ad… :P

M, Bob gets the priceless stuff everyday…. We hardly get the cheap sugar water stuff.. I dont!!!

Only 26 more comments will make this Blog TWICE as popular as the Gun Blog!

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Coloured sugar water? Man I haven’t had Kool-Aid in donkey’s years!! Someone has gotta send me a parcel! Kool-Aid, Kraft Dinner, Beef Jerky, Hickory Sticks and Dill Pickle Chips…I miss ‘em all!!!

Shra…good one with the Visa thing…took me a minute but then I laughed so hard I nearly snorted my coffee!

And I’m with M…us commentors are obviously committed…:snicker:!

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

You kknow I have heard of Kool Aid, but never had one… anyone travelling to Haunted Country anytime soon..

You know what, lets just spit out the cities where we live… Will help Basler actually calculate this cost…

I am presently residing… in…. Edinburgh! :)

Edinburgh…you’re not too far away from me Shra.

I’m in that Fair City…the Dirty Old Town where the streets have no name…yes you guessed it. Dublin.

(But I’m Canadian by birth hence my craving for the good old snacks of my childhood!)

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Cool, E! Who knows I may just pop over some day… and we could have a pint of Guiness in a local Irish Pub… (though I must say I am more of a vodka/rum kinda person) ;)

Sounds like a plan Shra! I’m more of a beer person myself. Guiness is alright but I have to be in the mood for it…which is pretty much never :)

No one else going to own up to their city of domicile?

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Well, I thought about seeing if our large conference room is available at the Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop. Okay, it’s actually the ladies’ room, but it holds up to eight people if some of them don’t mind standing.
http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/ta g/goofy-face-museum/

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Cheapo Basler.. come on people… own up.. for once in your spoiled lives where you live…. Own Up I say….

sorry,… just been to a mind numbing meeting…. have to take a second dose which is gonna put me to sleep….
would serve all those blood-sucking-gibberish-talking critters right….

Pittsburgh. It’s gray all the time but at least it’s cold.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Shra…is it possible that it’s just you and me (and RB) reading the comments for this post and everyone else has given up?

:?

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

We need to draw their attention back here… and now how can that be done? Basler… its your blog after all… get some movement here!!!!

Actually Bill, I’d rather move over to the Fatty pork products and green eggs comments, so we can move it up above the gun item, too….
http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/01/19/fatty-pork-and-rotten-eggs-for- lunch/

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Don’t know how that comes to me, but hey! I’m on my way.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Just for the record, I’m in the city of world peace, friendly deals, happy-go-round international bureaucrats slotted between the Alps and the Jura, next to one of the most gorgeous ever lakes… Geneva.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Hey M, I have been to Zurich a couple of times… had I known you back then, I coulda squeezed in a visit! I love visiting friends in far flung places.. and I make sure they pick me up… then I can rest and eat at THEIR expense to MY heart’s content!! And you know what, they still come back to pick me the next time I visit, and we go through all that stuff again….
Aint it lovely?

Well, and I’m sure you’re having a much viler weather than we do these days, so perhaps a skying outing would be enticing enough for you to hop over to Heidi-country?

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

We used to summer on the lake in Geneva. Lake Erie, Geneva Ohio. The lake that caught on fire.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

RB, you trying to tell us you aren’t happy with 130…131 comments on one blog post? Greedy blogger!

:P

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

You taking moi skydiving, M!! Oh, I adore you already!! Address please!! Would next month be good for you? :)

I was more thinking about skying, as in going to the mountains and looking at the lovely blue sky from the lovely white Alps…

But you’re welcome anytime! I’m in the phone book, under M.

Now, if you want to do skydiving, I’d suggest you hook up with Mr. Pilot, who appears to be better suited for those purposes.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

I’d love to name what city I’m in, but I’m miles from even the nearest town anyone’s likely to have heard of.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

C’mon CrowGirl, this is the internet. We have access to Google Earth and we’ll be able to look at your house so stay away from the window.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

M, you know.. that would do too… So, come on, address please… ;) Unless you want to be stalked like Doctor D… :P

Mr.Pilot, what about you? (fluttering eyelashes)

Bill, the Google Earth of my address just shows green. Lo-otttssss of green…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

CrowGirl lives in one of those cool underground eco-homes. Right? Am I right?

I love Google Street View. Zooming along the streets of cities I’ve never been to, hoping, just hoping that the next click will reveal something funny or cool. Like the residents in town in Pennsylvania who staged all these tableaux along their street. Very awesome!

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

It was quite scandalous when they launched that… and some of my love sick (Not Struck but Sick, yes) friends were among the million first ones to glue themselves to it and check out if they could see into their secret sweetheart’s streets… dont know if that is romantic or pathetic.. :D

And with this post, we are officially at the 140th comment, exactly double of that of the gun trotting ninnies… and cheap miserly Basler is still not arranging a feast… SHAME!!!!

Shra, I accidentally ended up on street view while playing around in satellite view. I was looking up the some of weirdest things found on Google Earth (like a fighter jet parked at a strip mall). I like street view but as there is no one I’m crushing on I have no one to stalk. Bummer eh?! Must remedy that. RB, you live in Washington right?

Is there where you’re putting on dinner for us? I’ll need directions.

;)

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I’ll only need to know the place. I’ve been in touch with the people who managed to get into the Obama dinner, so I’m pretty sure I can get into Robert’s feast.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

[...] traffic statistics are in for January, the first month of the new, slightly more educational, grown-up version of this blog, and clearly readers are coming along for the [...]

[...] PluginThe traffic statistics are in for January, the first month of the new, slightly more educational, grown-up version of this blog, and clearly readers are coming along for the [...]

Who you been in touch with M?? The party crashers??

Maybe if we all said we’d bring our own forks, this party might happen sooner?

Although, my kitchen was robbed and my forks all ended up on the catwalk.

So. Can I borrow a fork anyone? Anyone?

:?

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Yup… count on me for the cutlery, E… but its a shame, coz Basler doesnt invite us…. :(

Heck he could serve us finger food and then we won’t need forks at all.

Right RB? You still with us?

:?

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I am not sure, given the amount of medication used by the commenters herein, that most of us are allowed to handle cutlery.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Bill… we’ll make sure we are in control on the “party day”.. :P

Cutlery… cutlery… that rings a bell… I think I heard it some time ago. Before all my food was to be eaten with a spoon, that is…

Allowed….or able?

:?

Neither.

M

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

I’m going to a Black Tie event tonight…I’m worried about the cutlery issue and wondering if maybe I should wear a fork in my hair…just in case?

Yes? No? I need advice!!