Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Nursery rhymes for trendy times…

January 13, 2010

fashion rhymes combo 490

Little Bo peep has lost her sheep
And hopes that they haven’t got ill
If they are found, please send them down,
To Fashion Week in Brazil

* * * *

Jack Sprat could eat no fat,
His wife could eat no lean,
They had a daughter with an eating disorder,
Who modeled in a magazine

* * * *

There was an old woman who lived in a shoe
She had so many children she didn’t know what to do
For a guy to support them was what she was praying,
So she got slutty shoes with fishnet, stiletto heels and ankle straps and – what was I saying?

fashion shoes 490

That’s it for today’s rhymes. Please come back tomorrow for Little Miss Muffet met Warren Buffett….

Get off your butt and join the Oddly Enough blog network

Top left: A model presents a creation from Aqcuastudio’s 2010 autumn/winter collection during the Fashion Rio Show in Rio de Janeiro January 11, 2010.

Top right: A model wears a creation from Victor Dzenk’s 2010 autumn/winter collection during the Fashion Rio Show in Rio de Janeiro January 8, 2010.

Bottom: A model presents a creation from Filha de Gaia’s 2010 autumn/winter collection during the Fashion Rio Show in Rio de Janeiro, January 10, 2010.

REUTERS photos by Bruno Domingos

Comments

… Sooo pandering to Shra!

Posted by Db8r | Report as abusive

I think the batting of Shras eyes has finally had an effect on BG… so many shoe shots recently!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

SHOESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh Blog guy, I could hug ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is just not pandering to me…. he is pandering to all his female readers out there!!! Who am sure all love him at this moment!!!

You had your VS models… let us have our shoes!

Yeah, pander to me, pander to me – I want those shoes!

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

YAY!! Shoes! Keep on pandering, BG. On behalf of all the ladies out there: Thank you.

Posted by Kaos | Report as abusive

Alright, so that was a couple of days late for Shra’s B-Day, but I don’t hear her complaining so I guess she’s had her dosage on time this week.

Now, as to the pandering bit, and given that you ARE taking requests, could I just bother you with a few shots Auto shows and cars and everything motor? I’m a petrolhead, what can I say…

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Or, given you appear to be on a fashion week mood, I could settle for some more models. Ideally, not the anorexic type, but I don’t want to seem choosy!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

On behalf of this lady, those are hideous shoes! But it was worth the ugly clothes to read the great poems.

Posted by Cherlindrea | Report as abusive

I second justM! Shiny cars and babes….what more is there to say? :o)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Not to worry, JustM. Doing a whole post from the Detroit International Auto Show tomorrow….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

1. Those shoulder bones imply malnutrition so advanced I’m impressed they can stand, let alone walk about a bit.
2. Speaking as someone who hasn’t made it out of snow boots since before Christmas, shoes bah ! I’d like to request more farming related stories.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Never mind the shoes, the waif-like model or even the dress in the first photo … can someone please explain to me the sequinned bonnet?

When/where is it EVER appropriate to wear a sequinned bonnet?

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

How about at a REALLY posh swimming gala in the late 1960′s ?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Okay, when/where is it EVER appropriate to wear a sequinned bonnet in 2010?

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

If you are really really dumb and havent eaten in days, and wearing a sequiuned bonnet earns you that one tiny bean… then wearing the sequined bonnet is appropriate…
Thats what the stick girl told me when I sneaked to take a look at the other shoes at the show… I couldnt help but give her some of my meds… she needed it… more than I……
Anyone wearing a sequined bonnet would….

whipped cream… yumm

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Tim, you are getting rather kinky here… I’d rather not know what comes next.

And, CrowGirl, I am with you on this. I’ve had to wear two pairs of shoes for a few weeks now: one to walk outside and another one in the office. So, I guess really sexy snow boots could also be a good topic for a post? I mean, that’s as steamy as we are getting with this cold front!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

“Yummy, Its My Mummy”

Yummy, Yummy, its my Mummy,
Plays with me and Sings with Me.. Very Funny!

Yummy Yummy, its my Mummy,
Cooks me food and feeds to Me.. Very Funny!

Yummy Yummy, its my Mummy,
Scolds me much and Hugs me though.. Very Funny!

Yummy Yummy, Its my Mummy,
Shows me love and bears her pain at her Tummy!

Author by Arun Prasad