Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

How am I supposed to compete with this?

January 14, 2010

Jeez Blog Guy, what’s the matter with you? I’ve never seen you looking so upset.

robertson combo 200Oh, it’s just this Pat Robertson thing. You know, where he said Haiti has been cursed because they made a deal with the devil 200 years ago.

Yeah, I saw that. It was a pretty stupid thing to say.

Whatever. It’s not what he said, it’s where he said it. I had to go and read about it in the Reuters FaithWorld Blog!

I mean, when somebody says something THAT looney, I should have it first in my blog. How am I supposed to compete with imbecility on that magnitude?

I hear what  you’re saying. Why do you think they got to use it in that religion blog instead of  your humor blog?

Because of two words. When somebody says something, no matter how asinine, and then ends it as Robertson did by saying, “True story,” then they get to put it in a serious news blog.

Wait. So you mean not all the stuff in your blog is true?

Excuse me for a moment. Oh look, Lady Gaga is out front picking through my garbage can. True story!

Tired of thinking? Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Photo combo: Evangelist Pat Robertson in a 2008 file photo. REUTERS/Mike Segar, and an AC Milan supporter, dressed as a red devil, smiles before the Champions League final soccer match between AC Milan and Liverpool at the Ataturk Olympic stadium in Istanbul in a 2005 file photo. REUTERS/Eddie Keogh

Comments

That is a prety dumb thing to say… unless you are a shaman or a tantrik.. they are the real loonies (no offense).. is this Pat Robinson either of it…?

No, Shra, he’s just a former valued member of the funny farm where I get my treatment. The thing is he’s escaped from it and somehow the guards haven’t been able to get him back in!! Probably he also has a pact with the devil to ensure he doesn’t get thrown in and fed a lot of meds, like the rest of us!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

But, Robert, if it makes you feel better, my favourite quote is by Albert EINSTEIN: “The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits”! Obviously, Mr. Robertson’s doesn’t!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

On the other hand, the fact that Robertson is completely batty is not a cause for concern. What should be worrisome is the fact that the girl with him doesn’t burst out giggling madly or react in any other reasonable manner to his comments… probably she knows who she works with and is also stuffed with meddies, just in case.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

My bad! I called him Robinson… Just been listening to “Mrs.Robinson”.. the Mrs being missus here… this is where any person living in the Queen’s land would go…”Americans”(rolling eyes)… bet you guys get that a lot… ;)

In fairness, JustM, I edited the video clip a bit before using it.

In the full, unedited version, the woman interrupts him and says, “WTF are you talking about, you ignorant pile of goat crap!” But I didn’t think readers would want to sit through that. True story.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Oh, Pat Robertson. How can you not love a guy who says people who pass out candy and decorate their houses for Halloween worship the Devil?

Is Valentine’s Day like that too? If so, I need to get my Satanic butt to Rite Aid for some candy.

Posted by kgolden1 | Report as abusive

All you can really do is facepalm. I mean, even if you read every post BG ever made, you couldn’t say such a stupid thing.

I don’t know if they make meds in the quantities Pat “Imma Idiot” R needs to take.

No fair lumping us all together Shra! I’ll never share my stash with you again.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Excellent use of both “imbecility” and “asinine”! Extra points for you Mr. B!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Thanks. I can’t take all the credit, though. I just looked up Pat Robertson in the Thesaurus and took my pick….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Dave, regarding Shra, I’m not sure something she has delivered weekly in an 18-wheeler really counts as a “stash.”

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Oye Basler, you messing with me, mah man?

Don’t tell me, he also thinks the Hurricane Katrina victims got what they deserved, and that Harry Potter fans should be burnt at the stake ? Fair play to the guy on UK Radio 4 this morning though who listened to Mr Robinson’s comments and then said “Yes… He needs to re-read his bible.”

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Hey CrowGirl, it’s ROBERTSON. You’ve got Robinson on the mind because of that little incident with the other Mrs. Robinson, in Northern Ireland….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

So it is, that’s shameful of me. In my defence, it’s been a cold and difficult day in the swineherding world and my brain is not up to its usual standard.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

CrowGirl, we’ve been through this before. You’re not a swineherd. You’re an astronaut, which is why you can only leave comments here when you’re not on a mission up in the International Space Station…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

It’s guys like him that are giving crazies like us a bad name.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

Exactly! Imma let you finish, but there are ferrets in my frontal lobe. True story….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I am ? Hey wait, was that a DOG driving that thing ?!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

LOL you didn’t lose BG, infact I didn’t know it so you are a winner.

I recommend you too get a direct line to God now, you know due to recession, its cheaper these days. ;-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Wow. I got…I got nuthin’. I’m speechless and flabbergasted!!

Comments have me in stitches too. :D Will beupping the meds until the stitches come out. Should be in a day or so.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I kinda like the red devil…

Shra, I’m relieved… for a second I thought you’d say you liked the one in the blue shirt!!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

I dont like really-ancient-crazed-loonatic-like-a-sh aman-serpent-tongued men…

Pat Robertson is your garden variety anti-Christ
As a Christian, I felt it incumbent upon me to clarify what Pat Robertson is…and what he isn’t. He IS NOT a Christian. This is what he is: Pat Robertson is a FRAUD. In addition, he may be a KKKluxer or a a neo-Nazi. He IS rich. He IS someone who has a following. He IS a person who has access to the airwaves to spew the putrid offal dripping from his pus-filled, poisonous maw.
By definition, according to the Holy Bible, Pat Robertson has indicted, tried, and convicted himself. Jesus Christ WARNED against the Pat Robertsons of the world. To a true Christian, a Pat Robertson is anticipated and expected because Jesus said they would come. They would attempt to profit by masquerading as prophets. They would attempt to besmirch the good name of Our Lord and Savior with their cynical, heartless, cruel, wicked, and Satanic ways. Pat Robertson is just your garden variety anti-Christ:
Matthew 7: 15-19
15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves. 16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? 17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. 20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Posted by Scrivener5 | Report as abusive

@ Scrivener5: Seems well read, articulate, serious. Tase him.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

I dunno, Matthew 7:19 seems a little harsh, surely you’d try pruning and pot ash first ?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

GET OUT OF THE WAY, CROWGIRL! He’s about to be Tased!!!!!!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

God alone metes out the ultimate punishment.

We are not God.

Therefore, I have no problem with the tasing.

Let’s tase him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzkd_m4iv mc

Posted by Scrivener5 | Report as abusive

Unc – I don’t think that means what you think it means !

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

woah… prettyyyy heavy stuff…

There is an update to the previous posted song. It is actually a classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDTkTAo_l 2g&feature=related