Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

We’ll remember always, Graduation Day…

January 16, 2010

graduation day combo 490

There’s a time a for joy
A time for tears
graduation vertical 200A time we’ll treasure through the years
We’ll remember always
Graduation day

At the senior prom
We danced til three
And there you gave your heart to me
We’ll remember always
Graduation day

When the ivy walls
Are far behind
No matter where our paths may wind
We’ll remember always
Graduation day

We’ll remember always
Graduation day….

- Graduation Day, by Joe Sherman and Noel Sherman

What’s the worst that can happen? Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Members of Hamas’ security forces participate in a graduation ceremony in the northern Gaza Strip January 13, 2010. REUTERS/Suhaib Salem

Comments

What’s so odd?

Love the live fire from Mr. K’s rifle over the head of the guys doing the low crawl. Hope he doesn’t slip! These guys need a dose of meds – anyone willing to share?

You even managed to get a shoe (well, combat boot) shot in. Impressive.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

No one told me
I’d end up in hell
For blowing up the infidel
I’ll remember always
Condemnation day

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

Holy crap the terrorist have rocket boots now that apparently allow them to float a few feet above the ground!!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I dont to have soot on my face… darn these chimneys!

Is jumping through fire for graduation wrong ? We jumped off the bridge over the river for leaving school. They’ve got a by-law against it now though.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

If they’d made me do that at my graduation, I would have gone up in flames. Stupid poly-blends.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

Well, my graduation was not THAT different, really… at least it doesn’t seem thus, between the fog… the alcohol fog that is. A friend and myself sneaked over to where they were keeping the bubbly wine for the celebration after the ceremony and downed a couple of bottles ourselves. So what I do remember from my graduation is wrapped in a foggy, happy, laughingly soft memory…

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

cool!

I remember my graduation day, but these guys just gone OTT.. we must take lead from them :-P

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

My graduation day was nothing like this… we were just bunch of really-green-behind-the-ears kids… Frankly, I still dont know how I graduated… cant remember anything of what I majored in… or maybe I do, but these meds arent letting me think….

Ewwwwww! Shra, did you see a doctor about that green stuff behind your ears? I’m sure there’s an ointment or something…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I always wondered how and why Reuters has photographers everywhere. Isn’t the U.S. in a war against terror? Sooo these photographers… Are they usually “Disposable”?

Posted by Db8r | Report as abusive

And here I thought really-green-behind-the-ears was a typical American slang for “being naive”.. No, I am not taking any potshots at you guys… I mean it in full respect… I dont thank God everyday for Hollywood/Bollywood, for nothing!!

There’s being “wet behind the ears”, implying you were just born yesterday. Or, where I’m from, we have the charming expression “you’re not as green as you are cabbage looking”, suggesting that although you look stupid, you aren’t.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

What a colourful (colour-foul?) discussion!! I am just green with envy!!

Nevertheless, I’d kindly propose we stop this thing right now! We are ALL learning a bit too much from reading the blog, which is, as you all know well, against house rules.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Ok, so what’s the correct phrasae which means “being naive”??

Well, Bob’s the one publicizing this blog as Educational!!!!

Shra, I guess you haven’t discovered the shoe post I just published….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

It is “green behind the ears” meaning ‘someone who is naive. I understood that the first time and now I’ve just googled it to be sure because all this back and forth about greeness had me…had me…wait, what’s the phrase when someone is puzzled?

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I did Bob, I did… how COULD I NOT?

E: flabbergasted? at a loss? dumbfounded? How about just plain nutty, batty, looney…

Sorry, got carried away with the roll call of my fellow inmates!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive