Crack me another walnut, honey pie!

January 19, 2010

Blog Guy, I have a fashion problem. Lots of times on a date a guy will offer me a walnut, but I never know how I’m supposed to crack it.

dumb shoes 260You came to the right place. Check out these designer shoes, made to meet all of a chick’s nutcracking needs. One good stomp, and you’ll be scarfing down tasty walnut bits for hours.

Plus they can do pecans, Brazil nuts, coconuts…

Awesome! My other problem is, I don’t know what to do with the walnut shells. Like if we’re in a hotel room it’s rude to just leave them on the floor, isn’t it?

HONGKONGOnce again, haute couture to the rescue. This dress which features a large upsweep receptacle for nut shells, olive pits, watermelon rinds, chicken bones…..

Chicken bones! Great! I NEVER know what to do with those! Thank you, Blog Guy! Is there any downside to this outfit?

Well, you do have to remember to empty it into a dumpster every few weeks. Cockroaches and rats tend to breed pretty fast in there. BTW, many hotels keep special rooms for guests who want to crack nuts.

Really? How do I get one of those when I check in?

You just ask for the Nutcracker Suite….

Tweat yourself to this blog on Twitter at rbasler

Models present creations by Chinese designer Guo Pei at the Hong Kong Fashion Week for Fall/Winter 2010, January 18, 2010. REUTERS/Bobby Yip

Well…. the height of the boot is perfect… I like the embroidery on it as well…. lose the heels and I would love them!!

@Shra: Why lose heels? You know its not proper normal fashion then!! :-P

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Those shoes are amazing! I wonder how much training is required to learn to walk in them? They’d be perfect for work.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, perfect for your work actually!!! You could trick your least favourite person into wearing them and then make them trip!!!

fwd, well… I was being practical… but guess thats wrong of me.. isnt it..? In that case, perfect shoes… Wouldnt they be just great to walk in the snow with?

Well now…I think my boss might take it the wrong way if I asked him to try on a pair of heels! Somehow I don’t think that’s what he’s into.

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

[...] from:  Crack me another walnut, honey pie! | Analysis & Opinion | Reuters Get 100$ easily on FaceBOOK!!!!!! View admin's Profile      Subscribe via [...]

The fashion industry answers the age old dilemma of portable “facilities”…

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

You know, we just don’t have enough ballet references here. Good job, BG!

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

And I like the dangling crystals from the bowllike skirt thingy too… Infact… this dress is not really that bad… apart from the bowl skirt ofcourse..

Am I the only one who thinks the skirt is on upside down? Like, it might actually be ‘ok’ as haute-couture if only she wasn’t wearing it the wrong way around? It’s edgy, it’s eye-catching…the sort of thing you’d see on ANTM. Only…it’s on upside down.

??

E.

(PS. It also makes me crave a peanut butter cup for some weird reason. Why is that?)

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I am just gonna re-visit the Detriot auto-show blog. The models were waaaay hotter there.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

[...] Go here to see the original:  Crack me another walnut, honey pie! | Analysis & Opinion | Reuters [...]

Being the burgeoning fashion designer I am -owing to Robert brilliant idea of yesterday’s post- I think you got it all wrong: the dress is actually a roll-cage to protect the wearer in case of tripping while wearing those shoes!

You know, you can never be too safe while testing heights!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Ha ha ha ha…roll cage… that’s hi-larious!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh. THAT’s how you’re meant to crack a walnut on a date…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive