Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Fatty pork and rotten eggs for lunch?

January 19, 2010

Blog Guy, I know first lady Michelle Obama cares about a lot of good causes. Which do you think is most important to her?

OBAMA/I think childhood nutrition, though I don’t necessarily agree with her on that. She just released her new school lunch menu, and it included fatty pork products and apparently rotten eggs. Can you imagine?

Pork products? Rotten eggs? I find that VERY hard to believe.

It’s true! Check out the photo of her holding up the menu, which seems to be the brainchild of some doctor. I gather he’s the so-called “nutrition expert” who came up….

Blog Guy! What an incredible boob you are! “Green Eggs and Ham” is NOT a menu, it’s a very popular children’s book, written by Dr. Seuss!

OBAMA/So you’re saying this is just a fun story, and not about eggs that have gone bad?

Trust me. I read this book to my children over and over.

No kidding? Would you read it on a plane?

Yes I’d read it on a plane!

Would you read it on a bus?

YES I’D READ IT ON A BUS!

Would you read it while eating fatty pork products?

That’s it, I’m out of here for good. You’re just too ignorant to live!

Thanks, see you back here tomorrow!

U.S. first lady Michelle Obama reads “Green Eggs and Ham” to children at the Department of Labor’s childhood development center in Washington January 14, 2010. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

Comments

Say what? No offense? What are you, a female John Molony?

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a green egg. The ones that turn up out in the far reaches of the wood where I haven’t been to in a while and the hens visited ages back tend to be more sort of… grey.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Hang on, CrowGirl. You’re just changing the subject. Are you still saying you don’t own a television?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

M, I meant cheeky by attitude… ;)
Ofcourse the kinda cheeks Bob blogs about here are always welcome… :P

Bill, quick question. Who is John Molony? Should I bother googling?

justM, good answer! That’s exactly what I was thinking when I saw Shra’s post there :D

I’ve seen green eggs. Yes I have. I’ve seen them in a house, I’ve seen them on the lawn…it’s called Easter!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Hey come on! Help me here… what’s a girl like me to do in an office full of oldies to see a cheeky guy.. (ok, fine, lets go with all 4 cheeks on a guy’s bod)

egeria: First, that is two quick questions.
Yes, if you google, you will learn that he is the esteemed Mayor of the legendary Mt. Isa, home of the “beauty-disadvantaged women” which is mentioned regularly on this blog.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

LMR has moved to Madagascar… (singing physically fit.. physically fit.. physically physically physically fit… I LIKE TO MOVE IT, MOVE IT… HE LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT.. SHE LIKES TO… MOVE IT!)

Mr B, I’m not saying I don’t own a television; there’s one sitting in my front room right now, and unless Aunty Nellie rises from the grave with more on her mind than brains, it’s all mine. Unfortunately though, the TV people in my region switched off the analogue signal in early December, so it no longer receives anything but static.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Billl, oops. I asked the one and the second popped into my head without me thinking.

Shra, thanks a mil. I now have that song stuck in my head. I imagine it will be there all day!

CrowGirl, awww they touched the signal!! :(

E. (so very happy its Friday!)

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Oh I to have this tendency to make songs stick to people’s minds…
and my flatmate curses me all the time about it…
The other day I made her humm “My heart will go on” from Titanic…. and apparently she isnt a fan of Celine… :P
Though the current song in my head is Journey’s “Dont Stop believing…” liked the Glee version of it actually..

NOOOOO not “My Heart Will Go On”!!!!!!

NOOOOO not Celine Dion!!!!!!

Crap… now I have to go through the rest of the day at work with that in my head.

Shra, when we become room mates/flat mates I am going to
serenade you with that every night after I swim home from work as revenge for sticking it in my head! I am not suffering alone! :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Shra, since LMR is NOT aesthetically challenged, I am sure she’s done the right thing by moving to Madagascar. Nevertheless, if she continuous to “move it, move it” I reckon she may have even more trouble keeping men away when she returns to Mt. Isa.

Yes… “hold on to that feeling/streetlights people…”

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Shra, thanks a lot!! Now I have to go get an additional fix of Robert’s doughnuts to try and get Celine out of my head!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Mr. Pilot!! You can serenade me all you want… :P
And now that I have got your nerve on Celine… I would know exactly how to get back… ;)
M… you are welcome, my dear… want any more?

Mmmm doughnuts!! I could use one for breakfast! With sprinkles….lots and lots of sprinkles.

I have a headache this morning

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, make those sprinkles Xanax and I’m with you, waistlines be damned!

Shra, you’re very welcome to join anytime. As is everyone else!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Can I bring Blueberry muffins with Prozac centers? They are my favourite… :)

After you hear my singing Shra my dear I am positive you will retract that offer. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Well, its been a while since someone serenaded me… plus, if I do get bored, I would know how to stop ya.. :)

PLease, oh please, no more Celine Dion!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Then again, Rod Stweart is still singing in my head… “I don’t want you to come ’round here no more begging for mercy. You don’t know how strong my weakness is or how much it hurts me…”

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

The song of the day is.. “I just havent met you yet” by the mouth watering Michael Buble… now I can daydream about that one…… Did I say can? I mean, I am!! (sigghhh)

“… ’cause when you say it’s over with him, I want to believe it’s true; So I let you in, knowing tomorrow I’m gonna wake up missing you, wake up missing you!

When the one you love’s in love with someone else,
Don’t you know it’s torture, I mean it’s living hell…”

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Day five of having that song stuck in my head!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

he he he…. Hakuna Matata!! :)

Shra, I think I’ll take one of those blueberry muffins of yours, if you can spare one…

Hopefully, you can respond like Rod: “my heart can’t tell you no”

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

My heart cant tell you no, M…
There you go, matey!

True story…yesterday was a bad day for various undisclosed reasons. So I went to the local coffee shop and got the biggest, fluffiest, chocolatiest muffin they had and devoured the whole thing. It was bliss. The pure definition of comfort eating!

Then, for dessert, I had a handful of meds. And a bottle…uh, I mean glass…of Prosecco when I got home.

Muffins, meds and drink…you can’t go wrong!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I agree with you, E… today’s turning out to be no better…
yesterday was a sugar induced coma… tonight, its med induced… though dont want it to be a coma.. not fond of hospitals… and my flatmate is a log when asleep… so, no help from that quarter….