Fatty pork and rotten eggs for lunch?

January 19, 2010

Blog Guy, I know first lady Michelle Obama cares about a lot of good causes. Which do you think is most important to her?

OBAMA/I think childhood nutrition, though I don’t necessarily agree with her on that. She just released her new school lunch menu, and it included fatty pork products and apparently rotten eggs. Can you imagine?

Pork products? Rotten eggs? I find that VERY hard to believe.

It’s true! Check out the photo of her holding up the menu, which seems to be the brainchild of some doctor. I gather he’s the so-called “nutrition expert” who came up….

Blog Guy! What an incredible boob you are! “Green Eggs and Ham” is NOT a menu, it’s a very popular children’s book, written by Dr. Seuss!

OBAMA/So you’re saying this is just a fun story, and not about eggs that have gone bad?

Trust me. I read this book to my children over and over.

No kidding? Would you read it on a plane?

Yes I’d read it on a plane!

Would you read it on a bus?

YES I’D READ IT ON A BUS!

Would you read it while eating fatty pork products?

That’s it, I’m out of here for good. You’re just too ignorant to live!

Thanks, see you back here tomorrow!

U.S. first lady Michelle Obama reads “Green Eggs and Ham” to children at the Department of Labor’s childhood development center in Washington January 14, 2010. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

I really…. I am not even sure how I would react if someone called me an incredible boob.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Yeah Ifly, sometimes I probably let readers go too far, just because they use italic….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

What so special about italics??

Aren’t those related to Italy somehow? If they are, THEN it makes sense!! I guess

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Special fonts for special people.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Why are we picking on Italians?

I don’t mind, I just have an inquiring mind. Ciao.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Incredible boob. I think that’s a callback from yesterday’s Golden Globe blog.

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

Imma let you finish, but Mariah Carey has incredible boobs…(sorry Beyonce).

Posted by KWest | Report as abusive

“You are an incredible boob.”

“Oh yeah..well you are an amazing testicle.”

That’s pretty much all I could come up with.

When the italics go to far Mr. B ya can always unleash the power of the mighty underline.

That’ll learn ‘em.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ah the nursery teachers, every boy’s first crush…

*sad face*

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

What kind of shoddy ham are you people buying that you think describing it as “fatty pork product” is acceptable ?!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

But why the “would you read it on a … ” sequence? I think I need a small dose of understanding, not that i’d learn anything…

Posted by Db8r | Report as abusive

I don’t know if you remember this, Bob, but I did my doctoral dissertion on Dr. Seuss: “Dr. Seuss and the Critics.” While I have yet to find a publisher interested in my book, I’m sure that it will be published someday and earn me an “instructorship” in a Midwestern community college.

In my dissertation, I devoted a whole chapter to a Marxist approach to that remarkably complex text “Green Eggs and Ham.” The title of my chapter? “He Has It Good, Sam I Am.”

Originally, I was going to do a Freudian analysis of “Green Eggs and Ham,” but my adviser accused me of not knowing the difference between sex and scrambled eggs!

So, that’s my dissertation. Hey, anyone free for brunch this Saturday?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Dr. Doll, the Marxist approach in your dissertation includes the Hegelian slant or more the Leninst vision? I am free for brunch, if and only if the ham is kosher.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I didnt understand a word you guys just said… And by the looks of it, Dr.Doll, are you trying to teach something here??? NOT ALLOWED!!!
Yeah, I am free for brunch! Could I have Crepes please?

Dr. Doll…scrambled eggs? I mean, apple pie I get but..but scrambled eggs?

I’m good for brunch. I’ll have a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon please. No eggs. Dr. Doll has ruined eggs for me now.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

JustM, I don’t understand what John Lenin has to do with Groucho Marx. Well, in any event, I now plan on turning my scholarly pursuits to poetry, particularly, a well-known children’s poem: “I see England….”

Oooh, crepes. I love crepes with scrambled eggs.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I havent had my meds yet… and the nutters hear I driving me freaking NUTS! Somebody…. STOP ME! (If you remember Jim Carrey, in The Mask…)

Shra: “I didn’t understand a word you guys just said.”

Thank Heavens. Shra, I was in school for many years and studied very hard to learn how to write complete gibberish. I am glad to see I haven’t wasted my life.

Now, I wish I had my love of apple pie back.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I’m about to have a peach muffin for my mid-afternoon break.

No apples in sight. Sorry Dr. Doll

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Dr. Doll, I believe the Lenin guy you mention is a distant cousin of John Lennon, who as we all know is the father of Aaron Lennon, the footballer. Thence the relationship with Groucho.

But you may be right, I probably should have emphasised more the Coppola approach.

E, is that muffin sprinkled or filled with something, interesting, like Xanax, Tegretol, Zolt or Valium? If so, can we trade? I have a couple of Robert’s specialty blueberry doughnuts. Otherwise, I am thoroughly uninterested, sorry.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Now hold on. Are those the same Gaucho Marks I wrote about in this 2008 blog post?
http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 08/01/11/showing-off-his-gaucho-marks/

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

JustM, boy do I feel like a silly goose! I suppose I can kiss off the instructorship at that Midwestern community college, huh.

Now, for breakfast. I think a granola bar. No eggs or apple pie this morning. I have a headache.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Can we please go back to Dr.Seuss.. or maybe I should go to Dr.Phil….

justM, I believe it’s a Valium/Xanax combination of sprinkles. I mean…it was. I’ve already eated…eater..eaten…

zzzzzzzzzz

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Did someone say incredible boobs? Here I am.

Oh, wait. Incredible boob … maybe next time.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

LMR you crack me up!

:snicker:

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Maybe green eggs are just eggs produced in an environmentally friendly way….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Basler…. are you getting preachy on us?

Not at all. I’m just trying to get a few more comments on this post to create some movement in the Most Comments list.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Greedy Basler…. :P

Like 105 comments on one blog post isn’t enough. Sheesh?!

Speaking of Green Eggs, I’d love to see them on FarmVille :))

And now I think I’ll have a breakfast roll tomorrow. Haven’t had one in ages and my arteries will protest I’m sure, but who can beat eggs, sausage, white pudding, hash browns and rashers stuffed into a baguette and smothered with ketchup? *insert Homer-esque drool*

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Not a beef or pork eater sorry…. but if anyone would like to join me in having crepes, I would be very glad to rustle something up for you… :)

E… first Mythbusters..now Farmville???

I am a level 52 Expert Farmer!

Nothing beats a deliscious egg sammich for breakfast. I prefer the hungry mans. Three eggs, sausage, ham, bacon, cheese, (homefries optional). Amazingly my waistline is still well within exceptable limits.

Paintball burns a lot of calories. :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Wow…mythbusters, farmville (I’m level 31) and paintball? I have a friend who plays Airsoft and I’m itching to try it! I’ve always been good at laser tag!

You’re my new best friend!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

You couldnt possibly be Level 52.. I am level 33… and 35 was the heighest you can get….

Oi, don’t judge us all by the shoddy bacon cooking of your ex ! Crispy streaky bacon, lightly fried black pudding and a slice of cheese, sandwich of the gods…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I am more vegetarian than carnivore. I grow a lot of my own fruits and veggies, and I grew up on a farm with livestock. So I don’t enjoy eating meat. Every spring, I read Henry David Thoreau’s Walden, espcially the Chapter “Higher Laws,” which discusses this and other spiritual issues.

And I adore crepes.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

“thought enhancing”

Uncarastus, do you lie about other things, too?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I keep mixing up Farm Town with FarmVille…I’m level 31 in Farm Town and only 27 in FarmVille. So many games to keep track of, so little time!!

Uncarastus…I’m afraid I’m quite the opposite…I read RB’s blog when I want to zombie-out! When I’m tired of thinking! When I need a break from boring stuff like work!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Uncarastus, a level 52 expert eater huh? It would be a privilege to converse with you over a couple hungry man heros.

E, I have limited myself to FarmVille. I have to save some time for dazing out, zoning out, and letting my mind wander aimlessly.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Green eggs and ham sounds like a perfectly delightful St. Patrick’s Day meal. Me grand-daddy wo’ be proud.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

You have Irish blood in you, Bill? I have heard that Irish guys are really good looking and nice… true, E?

Do we have to be both?

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Gosh, I’d settle for one or the other. Or heck, just to be over four feet tall…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

THat’s what we need, a third unattainable goal…

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Hopefully all this discussion doesn’t apply to the rest of us?

And I keep on thinking back to the Irish MP who wanted to modify blood alcohol levels… you may remember that from a few posts ago…

That being the case, Shra and E, I’d just add to that description something along the lines of “incredibly smart”

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Wow, I forget to check this post for a few days and wham, lots to waste my time…ahem, I mean catch up on!

Shra, Irish guys good looking? You must be joking! Haven’t seen one yet! (No offense Bill!)

They are, however, incredibly cheeky so they all *think* they’re good looking. That does have its charm sometimes.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Ahh… could you happen to send some here please? I really need to see some cheeky guys…

Dear Shra, may I refer you to Robert’s post on men’s fashion from Paris and Berlin? You did say you wanted to see cheeks…

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Say what? No offense? What are you, a female John Molony?

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a green egg. The ones that turn up out in the far reaches of the wood where I haven’t been to in a while and the hens visited ages back tend to be more sort of… grey.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Hang on, CrowGirl. You’re just changing the subject. Are you still saying you don’t own a television?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

M, I meant cheeky by attitude… ;)
Ofcourse the kinda cheeks Bob blogs about here are always welcome… :P

Bill, quick question. Who is John Molony? Should I bother googling?

justM, good answer! That’s exactly what I was thinking when I saw Shra’s post there :D

I’ve seen green eggs. Yes I have. I’ve seen them in a house, I’ve seen them on the lawn…it’s called Easter!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Hey come on! Help me here… what’s a girl like me to do in an office full of oldies to see a cheeky guy.. (ok, fine, lets go with all 4 cheeks on a guy’s bod)

egeria: First, that is two quick questions.
Yes, if you google, you will learn that he is the esteemed Mayor of the legendary Mt. Isa, home of the “beauty-disadvantaged women” which is mentioned regularly on this blog.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

LMR has moved to Madagascar… (singing physically fit.. physically fit.. physically physically physically fit… I LIKE TO MOVE IT, MOVE IT… HE LIKE TO MOVE IT MOVE IT.. SHE LIKES TO… MOVE IT!)

Mr B, I’m not saying I don’t own a television; there’s one sitting in my front room right now, and unless Aunty Nellie rises from the grave with more on her mind than brains, it’s all mine. Unfortunately though, the TV people in my region switched off the analogue signal in early December, so it no longer receives anything but static.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Billl, oops. I asked the one and the second popped into my head without me thinking.

Shra, thanks a mil. I now have that song stuck in my head. I imagine it will be there all day!

CrowGirl, awww they touched the signal!! :(

E. (so very happy its Friday!)

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Oh I to have this tendency to make songs stick to people’s minds…
and my flatmate curses me all the time about it…
The other day I made her humm “My heart will go on” from Titanic…. and apparently she isnt a fan of Celine… :P
Though the current song in my head is Journey’s “Dont Stop believing…” liked the Glee version of it actually..

NOOOOO not “My Heart Will Go On”!!!!!!

NOOOOO not Celine Dion!!!!!!

Crap… now I have to go through the rest of the day at work with that in my head.

Shra, when we become room mates/flat mates I am going to
serenade you with that every night after I swim home from work as revenge for sticking it in my head! I am not suffering alone! :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Shra, since LMR is NOT aesthetically challenged, I am sure she’s done the right thing by moving to Madagascar. Nevertheless, if she continuous to “move it, move it” I reckon she may have even more trouble keeping men away when she returns to Mt. Isa.

Yes… “hold on to that feeling/streetlights people…”

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Shra, thanks a lot!! Now I have to go get an additional fix of Robert’s doughnuts to try and get Celine out of my head!!

Mr. Pilot!! You can serenade me all you want… :P
And now that I have got your nerve on Celine… I would know exactly how to get back… ;)
M… you are welcome, my dear… want any more?

Mmmm doughnuts!! I could use one for breakfast! With sprinkles….lots and lots of sprinkles.

I have a headache this morning

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, make those sprinkles Xanax and I’m with you, waistlines be damned!

Shra, you’re very welcome to join anytime. As is everyone else!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Can I bring Blueberry muffins with Prozac centers? They are my favourite… :)

After you hear my singing Shra my dear I am positive you will retract that offer. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Well, its been a while since someone serenaded me… plus, if I do get bored, I would know how to stop ya.. :)

PLease, oh please, no more Celine Dion!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Then again, Rod Stweart is still singing in my head… “I don’t want you to come ’round here no more begging for mercy. You don’t know how strong my weakness is or how much it hurts me…”

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

The song of the day is.. “I just havent met you yet” by the mouth watering Michael Buble… now I can daydream about that one…… Did I say can? I mean, I am!! (sigghhh)

“… ’cause when you say it’s over with him, I want to believe it’s true; So I let you in, knowing tomorrow I’m gonna wake up missing you, wake up missing you!

When the one you love’s in love with someone else,
Don’t you know it’s torture, I mean it’s living hell…”

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Day five of having that song stuck in my head!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

he he he…. Hakuna Matata!! :)

Shra, I think I’ll take one of those blueberry muffins of yours, if you can spare one…

Hopefully, you can respond like Rod: “my heart can’t tell you no”

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

My heart cant tell you no, M…
There you go, matey!

True story…yesterday was a bad day for various undisclosed reasons. So I went to the local coffee shop and got the biggest, fluffiest, chocolatiest muffin they had and devoured the whole thing. It was bliss. The pure definition of comfort eating!

Then, for dessert, I had a handful of meds. And a bottle…uh, I mean glass…of Prosecco when I got home.

Muffins, meds and drink…you can’t go wrong!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I agree with you, E… today’s turning out to be no better…
yesterday was a sugar induced coma… tonight, its med induced… though dont want it to be a coma.. not fond of hospitals… and my flatmate is a log when asleep… so, no help from that quarter….