This just in! Blonde comes to Congress!

January 20, 2010

Boy, Blog Guy, what a huge news day! Stunning election upset in Massachusetts, incalculable horror in Haiti … I guess that must push everything else off the old news plate, huh?

salahi combo 490

I’ll say! When Michaele Salahi, that woman who crashed a White House dinner back in November, came to testify on Capitol Hill today, we barely covered her.

SALAHI/Really? That serves the old publicity hound right! So you got no pictures of her at all?

Well, there were some, I believe…

How many?

Hard to say. Uh, 26, 27, 28…. I get 33, but only if you count the shot of just her hair and wedding ring. There’s no face in that one.

Gosh, you hardly gave her the time of day, huh? By the way, how many shots did you have of her husband? I think he also was testifying today.

Husband?

salahi back 490

Tareq and Michaele Salahi testify before a House Homeland Security Committee hearing on Capitol Hill in Washington, January 20, 2010.  REUTERS photos by Larry Downing and Joshua Roberts

This means I will be having dinner with the Queen next weekend.

Nevermind the questioning afterwards… ;-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Wow, she is either angry or scared, I wonder which? I wonder why nobody in congress has a sense of humor?

I guess 15 minutes of fame is worth anything to some people.

So, BG, when do you get your 15 minutes? Maybe if they start reading your blog to congress, either they will lighten up or all end up on heavy dosage. Either way, it’s a win.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

I think I’ll come with you E, just for the fun of it. I think not being a loyal subject to the crown will probably only make it more fun….

But wait! I’m not blonde, not a woman, not attractive…

Scheiße!! I think my 15 mins’ worth of fame shall have to come from another activity!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Enjoy your dinner fwd, but when you walk into the room, check for biscuits. I hear that denying you biscuits with your tea is a formidable form of torture.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

You get tea and biscuits when you are “dining” with the Queeen??????? Stingy!

Well, Shra, the Royal Crown has also felt the pinch of the recession, and they’ve had to cut back on the cucumber or smoked salmon sandwiches.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Well, then you are having High tea with Her Majesty. Not dinner… who has tea and biscuits for dinner??????

Dinner with the Queen is a looooong process of many courses. It begins in the morning as far as I know. And always includes tea and biscuits at some stage. (I can’t remember if it’s before or after the Spotted Dick.)

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Don’t forget Toad in the Hole and mushy peas.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Ooh, no, there’s far more to High Tea than tea and biscuits. That must be elevenses with the Queen.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I wonder what was the menu for the White House dinner party, the Salahis crashed…. I love my curries…. :)

… And the award for the longest comment goes to… uncarastus!

Posted by Db8r | Report as abusive

Unca.. I can make a mean curry…. and that to the uninitiated would mean, really hot and spicy! ;)