Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Her Majesty, the Queen of the World…

January 25, 2010

GERMANY/Blog guy, please settle an argument I’m having with my friend.

Is there such a thing as the Queen of the World? My friend says yes, but I say no.

Of course there is. No offense, but you’re obviously a cheese-eating bonehead.

Here is a photo of Her Highness out walking among the commoners.

What’s that red thing on her head?

There’s nothing on Her Highness’ head. That’s a logo on the wall behind her. Probably the Royal Logo.

But hold on. How do you KNOW she’s the queen of the world?

Are you stupid? That’s the Queen’s Outfit. Nobody else is allowed to wear that!

fashion queen crop 240Okay, wait. If there’s REALLY a so-called Queen of the World, shouldn’t I be able to read about her online?

Sure. What do you think you’re doing now?

I don’t mean in this dumbass blog. I mean someplace authoritative.

Ah. Fair enough. Well, give me five minutes and then check Wikipedia.

A model presents a creation by Anja Gockel during the Berlin Fashion Week Fall/Winter 2010/11 in Berlin, January 21, 2010.  REUTERS/Tobias Schwarz

Comments

Is Her Highness’s dress torn at the thigh? And ohh.. could I get a look at Her Majesty’s boots? I think I have exactly the same pair… or maybe a better pair… definitely a better pair…

Gee Shra, why don’t you let us be the judge of that? I’m sure BG could get a Reuters photo-bug to stop by your place and catch some stunning pics of you in boots – as long as you’re wearing something torn up to the waist like Her Majesty, that is.

Oh, I have to share – the eyes do play tricks. The first time I read your comment, I mistook the “t” in boots for a “b”. Honest mistake…

Nurse?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Robert, I am with you on this one. Her Highness does deserve allegiance from all of us.

That is, until we can see Shra’s pictures in equivalent boots and dress! Then, I am sure we’ll reconsider.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

ha ha ha… sure Dave… whatever you say! :P

I guess the ‘King of the World’ does need a Queen hmmmm? It’s a nice dress :D Even if it does look like it was made out of garbage bags.

Speaking of which, I once (when I was in college), made a ballgown out of black garbage bags. It was one of those events, you know, and I was rather proud of my creation!
Unfortunately it fell apart before I could get it to New York Fashion Week…if only I had known!! I could be a big hot shot designer right now!!

;)

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Can Her Highness..being queen of the world and all… outlaw Mondays? It’s rainy and dreary here where I reside and I am longing to be back at home playing COD:MW2.

I will say royalty has nice legs. Well the one we can see is nice so I can only conclude the one we can’t is equally nice. Or perhaps there is a reason it is not exposed also. Hmmm.

Shra is gonna be modeling for us? Awesome! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

QUEEN, n. A woman by whom the realm is ruled when there is a king, and through whom it is ruled when there is not. – A. Bierce

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

iflydaplanes,

How do you know this isn’t Shra? ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@justCAM
Good point. Ultimately I do not know that is not Shra.

I merely assumed. But you know what is said about assuming. I assume you do.

Hmm… how to verify if my assumption is correct?

Shra, would that be you pictured?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Well, Mr.Pilot, while I have absolutely nothing to say on how Her Majesty looks… I am not her…
She’s got a good deal going for her.. (as you can see..)
The only thing I envy her is her height…. ;)

They can definitely use anamateur male photographer who digs ladies in black….

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

fwd, are you trying to say that they should send an amateur photographer to click me???
Now, I know I am not a model… definitely dont have her height.. I am not anorexic… have way better hair than hers… definitely better boots… dont have a garbage bag for a dress…
Apart from that, I am a regular commenter here!!!!
So, I deserve better than an amateur photographer!!!!!!!
You hear me, mister!!!!!!

Def time for that second dose… Xanax or Prozac? Someone suggest something stronger..

Wait a second, Shra. You’re not a model?
SECURITY! Main lobby, please! SECURITY!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Thank you Shra for clearing that up. Now I know without question that is not you in the pic.

I re-state me original question… Shra are you going to be modeling for us?

Why do you envy her height? Nothing wrong with a travel size woman. ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Yes Security, could you please take away this man claiming to be R.C. Basler? He is becoming quite a nuisance…

Mr.Pilot… and what exactly is the height of a travel size woman???

Shra, take from the perspective of one who sails, I have no doubt that you are…seaworthy, definitely seaworthy. But do you have the rooster comb halo?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Nah, no rooster comb…. I wouldt be able to work where I do if I had one… and that would explain why I have quite a few older (LOT OLDER!) people than me here and I am sooo curious to see someone cute…

Well Shra, I am 5′-10″ (sans Nikes) so travel size in relation to my height would be about 5′-7″ and shorter.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I’m 6’2″, 205 or thereabouts. Anything smaller is sailing size.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Anyone else wants to tease me with their height??
Rub salt into this wound of mine that I have held for.. say some.. odd years?

Not me, Shra. It doesn’t show up in the photo, but I myself am only 3’8″…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I’m sorry, Shra. Apparently, I’m having one of my stupid days!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Shra, I meant not to tease.

If I may ask, how tall would you be?

If it makes any difference my ex was 5′-4″. Her height is not the reason she is my ex.

Mr. B….I think at 3′-8″ you would classify not as travel size but as carry-on. Fits conveniently in most overheard compartments!

I like using airplane references. :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I am 5’2″.. :(

Wow, a foot and a half taller than I am…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

You are not 3’8″… you are no less than 5’10″… I am suuuuuuuuure….

Everyone is shorter than me. :{

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

No frowns Shra, be proud of your 5′-2″-ness! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ha ha ha ha…. Well, I do know that good things come in small packages… and I am good… ;)

Shra, you definitely are in the good things area.

Back home we say fine perfume comes in small packages, to which the common answer is deadly poison too.

Not that you are deadly poison, or remotely close to it… just a comment… an innocent comment… a loose, innocent comment… zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzap!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Good things do come in small packages!

Shiny, valuable things!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Where I come from, some men say: “Dynamite comes in small packages.” They usually said this when they wanted to go off on someone due to an imagined insult. But, invariably, they were too drunk to do anything but whistle, smoke, and fizzle out. No boom. Not even a bang.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Sonic booms are also good.

Wrong blog I know, but I just thought of it since Dr. D. mentioned booms.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Having been able to somewhat recover from that last zap, I must insist we do want to see pictures of Shra.

AND of E as well, whenever she comes back from the Himalayas.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

I second that justM!!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

My my!! We seem to have fans, E.. ;)

How do you know you haven’t already seen our photos eh?

:?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Hmm..so which VS models were you then E and Shra?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Well,LMR, me and E were the gorgeous brunette and blonde and brunette.. though I wanted to be the brunette… but it was nice.. :)

I made a comment about how those were my three favorite “B”s but it did not seem to make it on here so I will try again…

Wow Shra, coincedently those are my three favorite “B”s! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive