How very proud his parents must be!

January 27, 2010

tattoo bangkok 490

Well Mr. Johnson, we want to thank you for applying to be a U.S. Secret Service agent.

You seem to be just the sort of candidate we look for. Short hair, well-dressed, clean cut, nice smile.

tattoo bangkok crop 240I see you make good eye contact and you don’t blink a lot. We like that in an agent.

I’m also very impressed by the fact that you talk without moving  your mouth – that’s great for keeping the president’s movements private and secure.

You might be happy to learn we have a great dental plan, in case you want to straighten those teeth a bit, but of course that’s up to you.

So welcome to the Agency! Here’s your gun. Now, could you just turn around for a minute so I can thread your earpiece through your collar, and we’ll take you in to meet the president…

Go for the bronze! Join the Oddly Enough blog network

A tattooed man poses for a picture at the Bangkok International Tattoo convention in Bangkok January 15, 2010. REUTERS/Sukree Sukplang

One thing is for sure…….. I actually forgot what I was thinking…. must have been those eyes….

Then again, I am not so sure it would be a good idea to have a two-faced bodyguard safeguarding the President.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Wow his head is incredibly shiny. Like Turtle Wax shiny.

Turtle turtle turtle.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

and there sure is going to be no more hair growth on that barren land… musta been all that hair wax…

Is it just me or that tattoo looks sad? Somehow vaguely menacing, but definitely sad… as in teary-eyed sad.

Sorry, I’ll just go back to hiding under my bed now.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

PTSD kicks in…..I taught I taw a taney…err…Cheney..

Posted by onequartlow | Report as abusive

Maybe not sad so much as confused ?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I’ve seen this tattoo somewhere before. Can’t recall where or when. I don’t think it’s original; although, the person in the picture probably thinks it is. Moreover, it looks like an amateur reproduction. The joke is on him, literally.

Thank god my tattoos are original and one of a kind: “Death before Dishonor” and “Hell from Above.” When I was a teenager, I thought these tattoos were sooooo cool. Now, I KNOW they are!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

DoctorDoll – you ARE cool.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

what kinda tattoos d0o u havw , Doctor?

I have a tattoo of a battleship on my bum cheeks. And I walk with a sailorly roll, so….

“The guns go bump, a tumpety tump
I’ve got a battleship on my rump!
The guns go boom,
From gun to gun is darn small room
Hey doodley dee day!”

No, to be honest, Shra, I have no tattoos. I did think “Death before Dishonor” and “Hell from Above” were super cool when I was in the military. ALL — and I mean ALL — of my friends had one or both of these cliches tattooed on their forearms, and I really wanted to get one or both. But I was raised in a family where my parents (and sisters)would have been upset with me and thought them stupid. And I knew in my heart of hearts that most people where I come from would have frowned upon them.

Plus, I wanted to preserve my facade of boyish innocence, charm, and good looks for when I exited the military and went to university and met lots of “proper” young women! Yes, I wanted to go to college and hear a nice young woman whisper those three magic words in my ear: “What the hell!”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I have Spider-man tattood on my right calve. Venom on the left. An airplane on my back, shoulder blade to shoulder blade.

And I want more.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I am looking for a Chinese kanji that says “Traveller” to be tattoed on my left ankle… :)
That would be my only tattoo… :)

This is true. One of my sergeants, sort of a fatherly figure, came right out and said (this is how I remember it): “Don’t get a tattoo. You’re going to go to college. You’re going to meet a young woman whose face lights up whenever she sees you, and if she sees those tattoos on your arm, that look will go right out the window.”

Shra: http://www.saiga-jp.com/cgi-bin/dic.cgi? m=search&sc=0&f=0&j=&g=&e=traveler&s=&rt =0&start=1&sid=1264690195_14915

No warranty, express or implied.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I have a tattoo…but it’s on my right calf, just above the inside ankle. Unfortunately, I was really into Soundgarden when I got it, so it’s a purple sun with a black center. :::eyeroll:::

I have a great idea for a tattoo for a guy. Shave off two circles on the back of your head. Get an eyeball tattooed in each of the circles…and then let your hair grow enough to cover them. Then, every time you go get your hair cut, your barber will cut away hair to find two eyes staring at him. That would so rock.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

Doctor D, I love you! :)
K, that is seriously…… disturbing…. esp if the barber doesnt have a sense of humour….

I’m feeling kind of out of this conversation, what with not having any real tattoos. My wife carved “Buy q-tips” on my forearm with a grapefruit knife this morning. Does that count?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

My favourite tattoo (that I’ve seen, not one I have) is of a guy mowing the lawn…on some dude’s head…so when he shaves it right it looks like a little dude is mowing his hair!! Ah you have to see it to understand but trust me, it’s funky!

Since we’re all confessing, I have three tattoos and more planned. They are tasteful and not readily visible unless I deliberately show them off.

:P

E>

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Unfortunatly since she used a grapefruit knife it doesn’t count Mr. B. A dulled out tungsten edged Ginsu would be a different story.

I don’t know, K, that sounds kinda neat. And I like “traveller,” Shra. Bob:

“Scars are souvenirs you never lose”

The Goo Goo Dolls, “Name”

Now, scars I have. And some very interesting ones, too. Wanna see ma scars? I could send peektures ~rapidly raising and lowering eyebrows provocatively~.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I know watcha talking about E!! Saw that one as an internet forward… :P
Bob.. after much contemplation, I would agree with Mr.Pilot (my future flatmate, if he manages to sort out the commute)…
You would have what the good doctor says, a scar… be proud of it Basler…. and dont forget the q tips… unless you want some more… (looking really worried for Bob… damn I miss the yahoo smileys here!)

Still working out the commute thing Shra. I mean it would be one helluva swim. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Or….. you could buy a chopper.. a helipad is so much more sensible these days… :)

I don’t know why I did not think of that Shra. I guess I figured a 3000 mile (I don’t know what that is in kilometers) swim across the Atlantic would be an invigorating way to start the day.

At the very least my abs would become totally ripped! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I would think you would be completely ripped.. :P

RB, I’m thinking you might have an Odd wedding coming up soon!! Shra, can I be a bridesmaid? :D

All this talk of tattoos is motivating me to get my next one. And a piercing. I want another one of those too.

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

This bench is rather cold and lonely today.

Tatoos are so not my cup of tea that even Robert’s q-tips reminder is rather more enticing.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

I think the pictured tattoo is somewhat of a Rohrschach test in terms of what look or expression one sees there. The look one would seen on the other side of the head is, I think, obvious to everyone.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

E!! Whose getting married??? :P

Ooops, Shra did I let the cat out of the blog?

I mean Mr. Pilot is willing to swim 3000 miles (and walk 500? :D) for you…you can’t let a guy like that go!!

So, can I be a bridesmaid?!

;)

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I would have to talk to Mr.Pilot, in person, E… before I let you know.. ;)

Wow, from fellow commenters to room mates/flat mates to marriage all in one 3000 mile(km ?) swim? And here I was thinking all I was gonna get was an extensively long commute to work and ripped abs. :p

What is this tom-foolery of walking 500 miles now too? No ocean front property?

(I got the song reference E which I found very amusing)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Well, you may just have to swim the other way around then… ;)

Well lemme ask you this…what time zone are you in? That would most certainly help with navigation. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Why the timezone that is used on the other side of the pond.. you know… the one that stats with a G… and ends with a T….

You live in the GOAT time zone?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I must say I am not familiar with the GOAT time zone. We must have skipped over that one in my aviation class where we had to learn how to properly re-set our watches as we crossed the country based on our airspeed, altitude, whether it was a school night or not, and by whose mommy was gonna let us stay up just one half hour later to watch tv.

Otherwise all I can think of that comes close is GMT of which I am -5 from.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Bob, you are a Goat.. and a half as well…
Mr.Pilot, GMT is correct… and you get 10 points.. :P

I am a sucker for GMT accents. ;)

That’s just a random thought.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Does that mean I will have to work on it?

Don’t you have one already? I mean, as from what I would consider an accent. Cause I am sure you do not consider yourself as having an accent much as I would not consider myself to have one but to you I would.

I think I just confused myself.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

yeah, you also managed to entangle your arms around your head twice over and strangle yourself…. its quite natural..

A little help here. :p

Seems complicated…. Unca?

Imma start over….

Me: “I am a sucker for GMT accents. Just a random thought.”

Shra: “Does that mean I will have to work on it?”

Me: “Nope, yours is perfect as is!”

I hear ya, mah man!

Only 22 to go.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Not on this one, Billy boy!

Why not? I mean, we ARe going for broke on the comments with all this marriage talk between Shra and PilotGuy, so I request… demand? to take care of the catering, along with Robert. I can already see all of us regaling on sprinkled doughnuts, E’s home-made soup, chicken tikka massala and Hyderabadi biryani!!!

My mouth is just watering!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

My work here is finished.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Well, I commend Bill on taking the initiative to flush out the blog about the gun trotting nutties from the top 5..
And marriage talk??? Hush, M, dont wanna scare Mr.Pilot away!!!

Well, Shra, if we don’t talk about it how can we be sure he’ll actually propose? Not that I am sure where he’d carry the ring to last through the 3000 mile swim and 500 mile walk, but best to give him a heads up, so he can be prepared, don’t you think?

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

::whispers conspiratorally to M:: If you keep ranting this way, he wont make the swim and walk at all, M! So, shut it till he gets here! *slaps wrist*

That Blog just disappeared….

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

What blog disappeared?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

No one is gonna scare me away.

The gun nuts blog.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

The Blog with 70 comments from November 12 “Brand Recognition” about Kalishnikov.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

PilotMan, you are one to keep their promises and commitments!

Shra, I told you he’d make a good prospect!! Congrats to the two of you!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

I promised and committed to what now?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh, so you’re trying to back off now, are you?

Shra, I might have to take it back, he might not be as reliable as we once thought… let him swim and walk a couple of times to test the waters, I say… then we’ll know!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Just what I have been saying, M…..;)
See, I know you men, better than you know yourselves…
frankly, every girl does…

And don’t call him frankly…

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

So, PilotGuy is really Frank? Good to know! Hi, Frank!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Guess I can look you up on FB now, eh Frank? ;)