Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Once upon a time, in a blog like this…

January 28, 2010

Blog Guy, it’s me. Goldilocks. All grown up. Out here on the slag pile where fairytale characters go when they’ve outlived their usefulness. Wrung out, discarded like old porridge…

Yeah, I get it. What are you doing in this sleazy dive? What happened to the three bears?

SPAIN/

You can’t tell? They’re still with me. They’ll never leave. Baby Bear is now a grown-up chain-smoker with a gambling problem. All of us, wrung out, discarded, like…

Right. Like old porridge. Take a load off and look at some fashion designs for you and your three friends.

fashion goldilocks crop 240Er, thanks, Blog Guy. You’re being SO nice! Let me put on some make-up to cover the tears…

Can I offer you a martini, Goldilocks?

No thanks, a martini would be too strong.

Ah. Some beer, then?

No, I’m afraid a beer would be too weak.

How about…Uh-oh, I can see where this is going…

Why yes, Big Spender, some Champagne would be JUST RIGHT! It’s $400 a bottle at the bar…

A model presents a creation from the Manuel Bolano collection at the 080 Barcelona fashion show, January 27, 2010. REUTERS/Albert Gea

Comments

When the aliens landed, we were shocked to find that they did not look at all like Hollywood had portrayed them. They were not tall and spindly, with large black eyes…and they seemed they might actually be a peaceful race….until things turned beary serious…..

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

Ahhh fairytales.. though this is more like a nightmare..
Oopps… I am not commenting on fashion blogs….
bery honest mistake…

What I don’t get is who pays for this crap?? No one actually buys it, so how can these hacks pay to make it?

Posted by davidgott | Report as abusive

Be beary beary quiet…I’m eatin’ mah pawrridge.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I wonder if she’s wearing the matching gray bear bedroom slippers …

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

It looks more like Goldilocks performed a ritualistic sacrifice to the fairy tale gods using the three bears.

Now how would that be for a bedtime story.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

David… valid point… I say…

I could use an outfit with lots of extra hands. Do you have one, Bob? Isn’t that your family coat of arms?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Ifly, I’d buy that book.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

“Mommy, why can’t we ever go back to the build-a-bear store?”

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

Have you seen Golidlocks’ eyes? The look on her says “Don’t mess with me! Look at what happened to the last three bears who did!”

Brr!! Sends shivers down my spine!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

David, I am sure that idea would make a fantastic movie script! Hell, a full series of sequels and prequels can be spun off that concept! Brilliant!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Sorry, that was for Mr. Pilot…

And E, nice one!! *chuckle* *chuckle*

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

One thing that should really trouble the guys is the bear head protruding from her front.. I guess you just didnt bother when you saw 2 on her shoulders, eh?

It makes me think of Gargamel (of Smurf fame) – “I must break out of this Smurf phase, it’s stifling my creativity … let’s see, what else can I do … 3 little pigs, but no, then what to do with the wolf … Goldilocks, pretty girl, good starting point, 3 bears … yup, we have a winner!”

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

I think she has that cool look that Japanese girl body guard had in Kill Bill vol.1.. dontcha think?

You mean Gogo Shra? She scared me!! And yet she was also fascinating at the same time. :S

I think this model is thinking to herself ‘I need to find a new job’. I can see her sigh!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Speaking of scary Japanese girls… has anyone ever played Fatal Frame? I have played the second one and let me tell you…scared the bejesus outta me.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Gogo!! yes, E! Thanks for that… she was fascinating… I mean all that cool sword swingy stuff… wish i could look that cool… :P
Mr. Pilot, is this another FB game… Scrabble keeps me occupied… fancy a game? What abt you, E?

Sure I’ll play scrabble with you Shra. Normally I play Lexulous (which is scrabble but not) but I’m open to another time wast…I mean game application.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

PS….ifly, I forgot to mention, the game I’m playing recently is Dragon Age: Origins. Very engrossing! It’s so easy to turn it on ‘just to do this one side-quest’ and before you know it Voila! It’s 3am on a school night and I have to get up for work in about 4 hours!

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

he he he he…. I am sooooooo much more organised… I need my beauty sleep… (winking eyes.. )

Hold on a sec Shra, i think you have something in your eye.

Last night I actually went to bed at a decent time. 1am. Of course, from midnight on it was me simply laying on the couch because my cat was stretched out asleep on my legs and I couldn’t bear to disturb him. Lucky for me the remote control was in easy reach!!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I don’t get it, E. You have a remote control that works on your cat, or on your legs?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Silly Baz, it works on my brain. It was no shock to find the switch was in the ‘off’ position. In the same way my television was ‘on’.

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I am truly, madly deeply, confused….

And that’s new how Shra?

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, you said the switch was off but the television was on… truly confused…
or maybe I am just day dreaming… about red stilletos.. :)

Heh…Shoe goes on…brain goes off. Ahhhhh I kill me!!

No really, it’s tv goes on…brain goes off.

Unless I’m watching Discovery of course. I tend to learn things on that station. So does my cat! He loves Mythbusters and Deadliest Catch. Ironically, he’s not so keen on eating fish!! What gives!

:?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Aich!! What does he eat then?

Birds. He likes birds. Chicken, duck and turkey. He gobbles them up!

He doesn’t like the other stuff though either, beef or lamb and fish as I mentioned.

It’s weird. The one thing we do not have in common! I’m a foodie, he’s finnicky!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

meow meow meow meow,
meow meow meow meow,
MEow meow meow meow,
meow meow meow meow,

meow meow meow meow,
meow meow meow meow,

meow,
meow,
meow!

Cat’s ask for it by name.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Pardon, je ne comprehend pas…

E being a cat lover might help in the translation.

If they do not have that particular brand of cat food over yonder by you then you both with look at me quite silly.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh I know the brand ifly, saw that commercial many a time while growing up.

Don’t have it here in Ireland though but plenty of brands to choose from, I’ll try something different and see if he likes it.

Although my mother’s words come to mind: ‘Eat what you’re given’. Can’t tell that to my cat though!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

That would be a neat trick if you could get your cat to eat what he was given E. But knowing how legendary a cats defiance can be I feel your efforts would be for naught indeed.

Growing up I was not a fan of pasta. My parents would relentlessy try to get me to eat if they made it for dinner. Nope, I would have nothing of it. Until one night my parents got fed up (no pun intended) and threatened I would be eating if for breakfast if I did not eat it for dinner. Being defiant I refused. Sure enough the next morning I had pasta for breakfast.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I know that pain…. but ofcourse, you didnt have to go through what I did…. you had a choice… I had none…
and then there was the force feeding… and then the tears…

Now I just feel terrible. I had no idea.

No more tears not though right?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

ha ha ha… no… now that I am strong enough after all that force feeding of nutrients and vitamins and god knows what all good-for-you stuff, I am left to my own devices to eat junk! Yahooo!! Freeedom!!