Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

They’re brainy, and zany, and just a bit insane-y…

January 30, 2010

Blog Guy, you used to have a regular feature called “Those Wacky Foreign Secretaries!” Remember? You’d show how really goofy the world’s foreign secretaries really are, despite having such a serious job. Can you please bring that back?

wacky hillary combo 490

Sure. Here we have U.S. Secretary of state Hillary Clinton losing her shoe climbing steps, while some French guy does nothing but watch…

wacky miliband teapot 240So what? That’s not so goofy. It used to be much better. I remember those folks would be doing JELL-O shots, mooning each other…

I’m sorry. Well, I also have Britain’s foreign secretary doing his “teapot face” at a serious conference on Afghanistan.

Oh please! He’s probably just picking his ear and his nose at the same time. It’s called “multi-tasking.”

Boy, you’re a tough audience. How about video of former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice playing “Moon River” on the harmonica?

Now you’re talking, Blog Guy!

Well actually, it’s a Saturday and I have big weekend plans, so I can’t be bothered. Looks like you’re stuck with Hillary and Teapot Face.

Top: U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton loses her shoe, then puts it back on as she is welcomed by France’s President Nicolas Sarkozy  at the Elysee Palace in Paris, January 29, 2010. REUTERS/Philippe Wojazer

Left: Britain’s Foreign Secretary David Miliband gestures during a news conference after “Afghanistan: The London Conference” in  London, January 28, 2010  REUTERS/Stefan Wermuth

Comments

Multitasking. I like that. Couldn’t you get a closeup of Hillary’s shoe for Shra? Oh, and unca, haha on the Hellarie thing.

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

Remember the guy on Monty Python who had a tape recorder up his nose? Milibrand has one, too – the play button’s in his ear, the rewind is in his lower lip. He tries to play “God Save the Queen,” but he gets confused on the buttons.

Posted by kgolden1 | Report as abusive

Aww T!! Arent you sweet!! Though I must say, I am pretty excited for a Monday today,…. I am finally getting my boots delivered!!! and those kitty heels are amazing!!!

A little know secret is Milliband had a mobile phone inserted into his head, and here he’s picking up a call from his mother – true story!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Ooh, a conservative yet stylish pump with a comfortable kitten heel, in “you must take me seriously” matte black … nice work, Hilary!

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

Is it just me or has Mrs. Clinton added a bit more junk into her trunk?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Now if she could only find them in her size…

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

What’s the junk and what’s the trunk here, Mr.Pilot?? I am coooonfused!

Her trunk Shra, refers to her bummy bum bum.

The junk is a reference to how big said bummy bum bum is.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

ooooooooooo…. I get ya! I get ya! ;)

I confess I am not follower of Ms. Clinton’s bum size, but Sarko is clearly making a bad image for his fellow countrymen by not being courteous and chivalrous and diving down to rescue the damsel’s shoe from behind her…

Sorry, morning dose a bit late in today!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Is every man on this blog as chivalrous as M, then? (fluttering eyelids…. and that is NOT a tic, Basler!)

M, Sarkozy would dive down and rescue the shoe but diplomatic relations policy dictates that they have to form a bi-lateral commitee to discuss the proper procedure for retrieving the shoe.

Then they have to agree on who is going to contribute to the retrieval forces that will recover the shoe, how long the retrieval will take, and how long they will occupy the space around Mrs. Clintons foot.

Then each countries respective finance commitees have to agree on how much each party will put towards funding the retrieval and whether or not taxes should be raised.

Then an inspection commitee has to be formed to inspect the shoe to ensure no WMDs or terrorists exsist in the region that would pose a threat to the retrieval forces.

Once all the intelligence is gathered it has to sit on someones desk for no less than six months.

Then, and only then, can Mr. Sarkozy authorize forces to be sent in to retrieve the shoe. He can not do it himself because there is the possible threat Mrs. Clinton might step on his fingers by accident and that would be putting the President in undue harms way.

And on a side not, what guy can resist and little U.S. Secretary of State booty ami right? :::wink wink:::

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

So it struck me today…(the idea, not the shoe!)…that maybe the americans are testing a new type of chemical warfare?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

By the looks of it, more like Pheromone warfare… (dunno if I got that spelling right.. ;))

In any case, one type of warfare I will gladly keep away from…

I am not sure Ms. Clinton’s bummy bum bum is sufficient justification for me to abandon my pacifism. In fact, I am quite clear it is not. Not even interesting. Not remotely.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive