You’ve reached the Weekend White House, your call is important to us…

February 1, 2010

obama georgetown 490

RING-RING! RING-RING!

OBAMA/Hello, you’ve reached the Weekend White House. Your call is important to us…

Hello, may I speak to President Obama please?

Oh I’m sorry, but it’s Saturday. President Obama is at  his weekend job, doing college basketball commentary.

Oh. Okay, then Vice President Biden, please.

I’m sorry, but Mr. Biden is with the president at the game, making faces and playing thumbsies.

obama georgetown bush 260Well then, who’s in CHARGE?

That would be someone from the Past Presidents Temp Agency. Let’s see, I believe today it’s former president Bush.

That one who couldn’t talk right?

No, his father, the OTHER former president Bush. Hold for a moment please. Hello, you’ve reached the Weekend White House. Your call is important to us…

Top: President Barack Obama (2nd R) does television commentary with CBS presenters Verne Lundquist (3rd R) and Clark Kellogg (R) at an NCAA basketball game between Georgetown University and Duke University in Washington, January 30, 2010.

Middle: Obama (C) and Vice President Joe Biden (R) at the game, January 30, 2010.

Bottom: Former President George H.W. Bush (L) departs with his son Jeb Bush (R) following a meeting with Obama at the White House, January 30, 2010.

REUTERS photos by Jonathan Ernst

Ahh!! Now it’s beginning to make sense! So that’s why on week-ends funky things happen!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Yeah M., when I started researching this one I was amazed at how few Americans are even aware of the Past Presidents Temp Agency…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I had fun with mental games – associating ‘L’, ‘R’, and ‘C’ with Political position UNTIL I got to George H.W. Bush – there’s no way that man rates an ‘L’. And I think Joe Biden probably needs a ‘V’ (Vacant).

Posted by lceel | Report as abusive

So, what are the duties that these guys perform? Do they sit in the Oval office during the weekend and pretend to make important decisions, when the tourists gather for a pic?

They have limited powers, Shra. They can invade small countries, veto unimportant bills, that kind of thing.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

How small a country? Can they invade companies… to be specific, can they make decisions that relate to torturing certain individuals that in turn torment commenters to a highly rated Reuters blog??

That Biden guy is not asking someone to pull his finger is he?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

No E, he Biden is showing us the finger he is going to plug firmly up his…as you would say over there…arse.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

E may have said his bummy bum bum, Mr.Pilot…

[...] You've reached the Weekend White House, your call is important to … Tags: doing-college, grammy, her-nine-month, ideas, looking-at-some, minutes, past, personal-sacrifices, saturday-president, the-final, the-more Bey: "I'm The Most Important Person In My Life" (VIDEO) | 92Q …The most important thing in your company is not a thingBeyoncé Sets New Grammy RecordNew Hampshire's Mt. Washington sees windspeed record broken …Swift Does't Break Grammy Record, Just Grammy | TMZ.comFuturelawyer: LegalTech Trade Shows – the most important legal …Yoga for weight loss (part 4) – Thighs & Butt | YogaticFinancial Confusion Reigns On Record $1.6 Trillion Deficit …Obama To Unveil Record $3.8 Trillion Budget And $1.6 Trillion DeficitArtist of the Week: Lady Antebellum View the Contact Powered by Blog [...]

Mission accomplished! ;)

Give the President a break – he was taking the crew on a field trip to show them synergy and teamwork! Okay, so maybe he just didn’t want Michelle yelling at him for sitting around in the Residence with the guys for three hours.

Posted by kgolden1 | Report as abusive

I was gonna go with bummy bum bum first, but I thought it might be edited out on the grounds of profanity.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I beat ya to it, Mr.Pilot.. ;)
and bummy bum bum is not profanity!

Shra, I see you have a cruel streak to you. Kindly, keep it reined in; we wouldn’t want you playing Barry Manilow at loud volumes to poor old tim, now would we?

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Well arse is ok as a word but personally I usually go with butt.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

M, I never really understood the matter with Barry Manilow… kindly enlighten me!

“Arse” is German. I’ve heard the English use the word “fundament,” as in “I’ll toast his fundament.” But there are many such words we could use, fundamentally speaking.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I think Bob once threatened to make someone simultaneously listen to Barry Manilow, watch mimes, and smell the “aroma” of a dentist’s office as a punishment. I don’t know of anyone who could stand that for more than a minute or so without becoming criminally insane.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

but what is the problem with Barry Manilow??? What did he do?????????????

Oh, Dr, but dont you see the logic behind the “fundament”… it is so fundamentally imporant!!!

“Fundament”… I believe I have to consult my English/American dictionary on that one.

The last time I was at a dentists office Dr. D. I had all four wisdon teeth removed in the one visit. I spent 45 minutes in sweet anesthetic bliss. All I remember of that day was my father driving me home and having a script for oxy.

Ya wanna talk about meds. Dats some good meds!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I think the general objection to BM’s music is that it is so schmaltzy and smarmy that it makes most men want to perforate their eardrums with an icepick, throw up, and crawl away.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Very entertaining and good to see these pictures again and again.
I had good command of English,regularly email from White House,writing comments on Americans day today life,events,about new policies,new trouble,American movies,American life style etc.,etc., to all leading American news channels,Reuters and to leading American social websites.Shall i be eligible or shall i will be invited to visit White House,spend few minutes with top ranking officers and some pleasure meeting first citizen ,first lady and have some discussions with American Vice president.
At the same time, i would like to meet ex-presidential candidate from main opposition party,very well known Senator.

Posted by mdspatsy | Report as abusive

Huh? Sorry, my Barry Manilow record won’t stop and I am having concentration problems ever since…

What was I saying?

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Nothing at all,M… nothing at all… :)

Thanks, Shra… some peace (piece?) of mind back to me, at last.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive