What year is this again?

February 2, 2010

Welcome back to another installment of our occasional feature, What Year is this Again?

NETHERLANDS/Quick quiz: The Dutch Parliament banned human sex with animals in…

a) 1622

b) 1623

c) 1624

d) 2010

Yeah, I know 1622 SEEMS like it should be the answer, but it’s really 2010.

MAD COWJust today, as a matter of fact. Of course, the ban passed the lower house nearly two years ago, but I guess it takes time for these controversial issues to get through the upper house. It isn’t immediately clear when the law will take effect.

A Dutch newspaper has reported that distributors in the Netherlands were responsible for some 80 percent of bestiality videos worldwide.

According to our story, sex with animals had been legal in the Netherlands “as long as it could be proven the animals were not injured,” so let’s all think about that one for a while.

Top: Lambs in the Netherlands in a 2007 file photo.  REUTERS/Michael Kooren

Bottom: Dutch farmers peruse cattle in a 1996 file photo. REUTERS/Jasper Juinen

Looks like Kinky Kelly and the Sexy Stud won’t be going to Amsterdam on their world tour (rent Clerks II if you don’t get that).

Posted by kgolden1 | Report as abusive

Seriously?

So is that to say all those guys in the pic are comparing which one of those cows arses they are gonna go “boom boom” with?

Not to say I didn’t know that kinda stuff exsisted. It just disturbs me on multiple levels.

I claim this part of the bench as mine. Bummy bum bum is firmly planted. If anyone needs me I will be day dreaming of Shra and red stilletos.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh. That’s just. Too much on a Tuesday night. And I can’t even keep a good stiff drink around to help wash away the scar on my psyche from this one.

Way to go BG.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Give’s a whole new meaing to the phrase, “Hello Dolly!”

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Is it wrong that I think those cows look nice and I wonder what breed they are ? Not in a dodgy way though, honest.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Even though I grew up on a farm, this cow thing is totally alien to me. I would be a dismal failure at getting the mood right. When I was a boy, everyone kept telling me I didn’t play well with udders.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

DUDE! I saw an article the other day that really FREAKED ME OUT. It was a sheep or a goat born with the face of a human! I’m serious!! I’ll e-mail you when I figure out where I saw it…

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

Dr Doll wins today’s bad pun genius award.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Unca, you are cruel!!!!!!
Bob, if these are the types of blogs you gonna write.. I aint coming here…
Seriously… I am gonna be sick…
Mr.Pilot, I am sticking right next to you on the bench…

Shra, kindly make sure you and Mr. Pilot don’t hog all the space in the bench and leave enough in it for me to park my bummy bum bum…

With the reform to the brothel rules in Amsterdam and this piece of legislation, I am not very clear on where the Dutch stand in my radar. It sort of gives a new meaning to the expression Double Dutch!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

M, hog the bench….very subtle and quite brilliant.

I am calling for an emergency extension of the bench! Wanna make sure there is enough room here for everyone to sit comfortably.

If we ask nicely, perhaps E will bring some soup for us. :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

dear oh dear.. this is 450 A.D :-|

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Ok, Unca..

Am I late to the bench-warming? I brought soup for everyone!!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Yeah!! E is back!!! No no… bench warming on this post still on… :)

Awesome! Make a space y’all!

Strange how missing even one day here can mess with a girl. Up to my eyesballs and beyond in deadlines yesterday but today, at least I have time to breathe!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

See E, that is exactly when you should be on OE!!!
If not on OE when you have a deadline, then when???????
Definitely not when you are free….
Can you believe I have 3 managers to send reports to?
And how many reports have I sent yet…
0. zip. nada! :P

You should work where I work then E. I get six hour lunch breaks.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

ifly, where do you work? How do I apply?!

Shra, I’m on OE when my boss or any other random boss-type isn’t breathing down my neck. Technically…I’m not supposed to be on the internet for anything but work purposes.

Shhhhhhhh.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

My boss is standing right behind me… (breaything down another work colleague’s neck.. but does that bother me.. no!
well, if you dont hear from me for a week or two… you know where to find me… :)

Shra, are you moving to The Netherlands?

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

M, now why would I move to the Netherlands??
I mean, I enjoyed Amsterdam quite a bit.. (now dont let your horses run wild,:P)… but dont think I would wanna move with all this stuff going on there….. nuh uh!

Well, since you said you might be out of contention for a couple of weeks, and there’s so much going on around Amsterdam, I just thought you’d be naturally interested in moving there. Especially with all this talk of late about you modeling in your red stiletto shoes and lingerie and all these things…

My bad.

M

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Whoever mentioned lingerie!??!!

E, I think I might have been a bit misleading about where I work. Yes, I get six hour lunch breaks. Rather, mentally I get six hour lunch breaks. My mind wanders off to happier places lest I get driven insane by the realities of having to work where I do. Sorry for the misinformation.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

This my fault, E. I should have made clear that the pilot is an air traffic controller at one of the country’s busiest airports.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Looky all the airplanes lined in a row… dumm dee dumm da doooooo…..

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Which made me think of anotehr Aqua song, “Dum di da di da, dum di da di da, dum di da di da, The only thing he said was, dum di dad di da. dum di da di da…”

Aqua? “Barbie-girl” Aqua?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

yup… :P

[...] Welcome back to a regular feature we like to call, “What Year is this Again?.” [...]