Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Stop him! He’s costing me a fortune!

February 3, 2010

office shot this 260Blog Guy, I need your opinion on a pop culture phenomenon.

Have you seen this video on YouTube showing a guy in a financial office looking at racy photos on his computer, not knowing he’s  live on television? It’s been seen by thousands of people now, and has a five-star rating

Yeah, big deal. You can barely see that poor itty-bitty dude back there behind this talking head.

If you really squint it does look like he may be checking out a Victoria’s Secret model who might be nude, but I mean, who hasn’t been there?

USA/And yeah, he does turn around briefly at the end and sees that he’s on TV, and that’s kind of funny, but …. OH MY GOD!

What is it, Blog Guy?

That’s my PERSONAL BROKER! LAMAR, what are you doing? You weren’t supposed to take your eyes off my retirement account yesterday!

You’re losing my life savings! And hey, you’re wearing my Rolex watch I lost last month.

OMG that’s my sister in that photo! Lamar, your ass is mine!

Impress your book club. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Victoria’s Secret model Miranda Kerr walks the runway at the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show in a 2008 file photo. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

Comments

Mr. B. you could have just called this blog “A Picture of a VS Model” because my official interest on the rest of the content is about 3.75%.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

This is an Australian story.

*sigh*

Well, at least it’s not about abusing animals.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

But the last line can be conjured in two different ways. ahem ahem…. but like LMR said, no cruelty to animals here…
Ah yes, and she is a brunette, Mr.Pilot.. ;)

Well, LMR, the animal abuse bit was more than adequately served with the previous posts about The Netherlands and Spain. I’m sure that with the recent exposure, any image the land Down Under could have relating to animals and kinky stuff is all well forgotten by now!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

I am sure this is close to the all-time top of the list in embarrassingly public in-fraganti “gotcha!”

Wait, I think I know this guy…

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Sorry, my mistake. Wrong wanker!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

I would imagine someone in the IT department is going to get a lashing. Firewalls people! Firewalls! Sheesh!

Lucky for me OE gets past our company firewall.

;)

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Gimme a high five on that one, E!

Yes she is Shra and Mr. B. is a good man for giving us guys a VS model fix.

Still waiting for you though. ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

We should get that butterfly even if costs us a fortune.. :P

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Waiting for me to do what, Mr.Pilot? :P

High fives all around!!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Red stilletos Shra, that’s all I am gonna say. ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

(blushing beet root red… )
Though actually I dont like beetroot.. :)

Clearly this man is actually an MI-5 agent engaged in covert counter-terrorist activity, as described here:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.vie w&pageId=123758

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

I am not familiar with beetroot so I do not know if I like it or not.

Awww I didn’t mean to make you blush though. ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Its a vegetable grown in my native country… and no, I didnt go that red.. or maroon actually…. hmm… I believe a beetroot is actually purple… hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

And the latest news is the guy gets to keep his job.

But I bet he won’t open an email again in a hurry!!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

He should have been reading my blog.

Posted by rbasler | Report as abusive

Mr. Pilot, I think Shra is refering to good old beets, or beta vulgaris (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beet)

E, does the guy keeps his job or gets a promotion? If it were wall st. I’m sure he would!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

So you turned purple then?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

The red stillettos has me nostalgic. When my son was about 3, he came down the hallway walking in his mom’s red high heels. His mom and I thought it was so cute. And it was. Treasure every moment with your loved ones….

I wish I had taken a picture of him in those shoes. I could use it now to blackmail him into doing anything I want.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I love to eat beets.
I eat them with various meats.
I would rather them than sweets,
For they make such tasty treats.

Thank you. Have a good weekend all. Weather forecast for the northeast U.S. where I reside is anywhere from 0″ to 12″ of snow. Score one for the weather reporting systems.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Actually where I reside, they’re expecting 30 inches by tomorrow night, which would break a record set in 1922 by a 28-inch snowfall that crushed a luxury movie theatre and killed 98 people.

So please y’all come back throughout the weekend; I’ll be here blogging away.

Posted by rbasler | Report as abusive

I will be hovering overhead ready for your signal to evac Unca… you can count on me.

Shra, since I might be stuck in for the weekend…and I say might because the weather people here can not decide between no snow or an f-ing nor’easter….how about a private modeling session of those red stilletos you are gonna get? ;)

E, I am a little bummed about not being able to get any of your soup here. I guess I am just stuck with these beets.

Let’s see what the weather brings Mr. B!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I dearly love snow. Winter storms absolutely hold me enthralled, with wind and snow and cold. Thunderstorms do too, but not like winter ones. I adore hiking and camping in snow storms. (Alone, of course, for obvious reasons.) There is no weather I don’t love, but winter storms just ring my bell.

These days, I am happiest when I am alone and pushing the envelop of my endurance to its limits. What is it Joseph Conrad wrote in Lord Jim? “You must submit yourself to the element and with the exertions of your hands and feet in the water make the deep, deep sea keep you up.”

We only got 4 inches here. If you have any extra snow laying around, could you send some my way, Mr. B?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

That time you served a plate of beets,
and tossed them down beside the meats,
Bob and E sat cheering by,
as you doled them out, ceiling high.

Today, the beets in colors come,
White, and yellow, and orange and some
in red, so “root” is the blush
Shra uses to describe her flush.

– P. Shuck 2/6/10

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

My snow thrower feels your pain.
The paths are long on our 300 foot lane.
Although, tis true, ours is not as deep,
Our snow stings still on the windy steep.

My thrower sputters until awake.
It’s 14 years make it shake
In the cold wind and downy flake.
And yet, it works, although not fun.
I’m so glad my thrower is my son.

–P. Shuck 2/6/10

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! Darn I missed this Mr.Pilot!! Was away enjoying a snow-free weekend… though the parts of the country I visited were freezing! But misty… so, quite a romantic feel really….
And BG, I know exactly where you live now!!!
The rest… well, I am still trying to figure out… :p

Dr., I am completely awed by your poetry. It is so sensitive, so… so… so…

What was I talking about? Sorry, forgot. Morning dose kicking in!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

You just said it was sensitive, M… That’s your clue, matey!

That’s ok Shra. Turns out we only got a light dusting. I was kinda bummed after having gotten all geared up for a nice blizzard to wake up and find not but a few flakes desperately trying to cover as much ground as they can.
This Wednesday however…supposed to be quite a big storm. See ya then? ::wink wink::

Dr. D……wow….your poems…so in depth…they capture the essence of todays modern blog commenter. I think you should put together a collection of your works and call it “The OE blog: Where the Meds Flow Free”.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Well, you have to start swimming before the storm hits if you wanna get here… ;)

Promise me there are no sharks? M got me quite shaken up about that.

I promise! I promise!

Ok Shra I trust you.

Lemme just adjust my wetsuit here. It’s new, modeled to resemble the shape of a seal to minimize frition. Also the flipper-shaped flippers allow for maximum thrust.

So here I come… gonna dive right into the shark free ocean!! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

:::whispers to Unca::: yes I do know that. Sharks also feed on seals which is where I was going with the whole thing. I was just trying to impress Shra with my witty sense of humor. No really I was. Why are you laughing?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

no one’s laughing at you, Pilot… Unca, dont you dare lock your self in the basement and burst out laughing aloud!
Yes, you may go to your room and chuckle all you want in the pillow… that’s a good boy now!

It’s alllllllll good.