Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Any unhappy workers, raise your hands!

February 4, 2010

CHINA/

Staff, I like to think of you as my friends, not just the little pissant scumbags I boss around…

noodles crop 200I know you’re all wondering…slurp… about this team-building exercise…slurp…

Some of you have said morale is low in my department, though I can’t imagine…slurp…why. Shut the frick up, Lamar, I’ll tell you when to talk.

Anyway, I say to the Human Resources people, I know, I’ll take my whole staff out to watch me eat noodles!

Trust me, I’ll boost their morale…slurp… Oh, and I’m gonna need to sign out a butcher knife and a cleaver for an hour…slurp…

So here’s your chance to…slurp…express your feelings. Anybody isn’t totally happy here, now would be the time to raise your hands…

Impress your girlfriend!  Join the Oddly Enough blog network

A vendor eats noodles at her stall while selling chickens in Xiangfan, Hubei Province February 3, 2010. REUTERS/Stringer

Comments

More legs and breasts! Wooohooo!

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

You got soup on the brain Baz?!

My hand is definitely raised. Not to mention my boss but my cow-irkers think it’s weird that a) I eat ramen noodles and b) I go to the Asian supermarket to get them and c) I eat them with chopsticks.

What’s wrong with that?! Sheesh.

Oh, and they think my accent is funny too.

:( Consider both my hands raised Baz.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Most reasonable employers waive their no-Internet rules for workers reading this blog. It’s even written into some union contracts.

And in a few offices, it’s mandatory.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

This blog is very popular on my ward …

Blue feet, must be cold there.

Looking at her expression in the second pic, I think she just saw one of them move.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

The latest diet fad….staring at dead chickens while you eat lunch…hasn’t quite caught on. The effectiveness of staring at poultry carcasses is yet to be determined…but for those that are not easily deterred from overeating, the chickens can also be gruesomely mutilated with meat cleavers while you dine…

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

T54 pretty much made the comment of the day here in my opinion. I tip my hat to you and your witty-ness. :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

CAM, funny you say that. In my ward I’m the only to follow this blog… Probably dosages explain that. And there area a lot of blue feet here as well… go figure!

K, the problem is this doesn’t really work as a diet… I mean, overeaters won’t stop at anything, let alone uncooked chickens! I guess if the noodles are hot enough you can even drop some chicken pieces in there to slurp along!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

I am definitely having chicken noodles tonight….
CAM.. LOL!! :p

IMHO, an uncooked chicken is just your next meal, sitting there being all naked and inspiring … why would that slow anybody down?

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

Ahhhhhhh Chicken noodles :p

Posted by bleak_rose | Report as abusive

Geez.. I would raise hand but I fear I’d be skinned.. :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Yeah unca – she was the PT instructor when I went through. And she used much harsher language than the terms of endearment you two throw at each other.

On a more serious note… Those are some seriously scrawny chickens. If T54 gets turned on by breasts like those, well, more meds are definitely required.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

It came to me this morning…if I were a vegetarian I’d be crying ‘Murder most fowl!!!’

But I’m not a vegetarian and now I want soup. Chicken noodle soup. With my mom’s secret ingredient that turns ordinary soup into the nectar of the gods.

Slurrrrrp!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Since this is now a “family” blog, I must protest about the fowl language.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I had chicken tikka masala…. and it was yummmmmm…. I didnt remember these chicken at all… coz I was enjoying my tikka masala… :P

*Pokes Shra for not sharing the tikka masala*

But that’s ok, I won’t share my next shipment of Xanax.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Mommy, Dave poked me!!!!
(Mommy Basler pinches Dave’s ears)

Shra, it’s alright as long as you promise to bring some chicken tikka masala to Robert’s party. Or some nice lamb curry, or some tasty Hyderabadi Biryani or…

Now I’m hungry!! Dave, poke her again, please!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

M….!!!! Hyderabadi Biryani!! Man, you will be punished for reminding me of that!!!
Had a lamb curry though this weekend…. but lets not go there just yet… ;)

No curries at the party!! I only have one bathroom!

:O

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, don’t worry… there’s always the nearby woods, right?

I mean, so we can go and collect some nice wild mushrooms and make delicious soup?!?

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

E.. hope your mushrooms are not coming from the woods M mentions… I would be able to have your soup then!!

That would work except I hate mushrooms! Blech.

No mushroom soup! No soup for you!!

Haha. Ok, how about pita breads and hommous? And nachos chips and salsa? Shrimp cocktail? Mini sausages? Toothpick skewered cheese cubes? Etc etc etc. (Not to be confused with my cat..Etcetera. No eating cat!!)

So a table full of snack foods I could manaage.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

What is “hommous”? I amnot familiar with that.

Can I bring some chili? I know you only have one bathroom but if the woods are available then why hold back? Besides it’s the only thing I know how to make.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

And I could try and get Chicken Tikka Masala… and maybe M could get the Hyderabadi Biryani… oh yummmm!!

Ooooh, E. I love hummus and fattoush. You’ve made me hungry for my favorite Middle Eastern restaurant. Although, it is a bit early to be thinking of garlic and onions, and chick peas.

Now, Shra, any time is the right time for a good curry….

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

If it doesn’t taste as good as guacamole then I am sure I won’t like it.

How about so sushi? Anyone up for some sushi?

If Unca gets some Spitfire beer… could I trouble someone to bring some Spitfires? Those are some nice shiiiiiiny planes! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

To compare hummus and guacamole is to compare chick peas and avocados. No comparison. I should know.

My business card in French says that I am an “avocat,” an avocado. Well, that also could mean that I’m an attorney, I suppose, but what fun is there in that?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Garbanzo? I like him. The fact is, he’s my favorite Muppet. I like Statler and Waldorf, too. They always have such witty suppository remarks.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

All this talk about food has got me hungry…. :P

Shra, I am with you on the hunger… the problem came when I read that “suppository emarks” bit… suddenly I’m not that hungry anymore

But, thanks Dr., you’ve made me discover a new dieting mechanism!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

It’s almost lunch time and that’s a good thing.

Sushi…yum! There’s this great sushi bar me and a friend go to on occasion. I stick to the orange or blue plates but every once in a while I see a grey plate and my fingers itch to take it! One day, I’ll win the lotto and then I’ll go for the grey.

Mmmmmmmm food!!

So after this food and drink festival at my place I reckon y’all are gonna need a place to sleep. The spare room is free, if you don’t mind sharing with Etcetera. Plenty of floor space about my gaff too. Bring your own blankies!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Whose Etcetra? Is that your cat’s name? If there is an overflow.. My place is at your service… Clean up before you leave, suckers!!!

Yup. I named my cat Etcetera. First person to figure out why gets a prize! (Baz and Shra, sorry but you guys can’t guess. You could both easily get the answer on FB!)

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Oops…and CrowGirl…guys you guys are paying the price for befriending me on FB eh?!

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

he he he he…. dontcha worry.. I’ll get my prize some other way! :P