Jeez officer, just THROW your gun at the target!

February 5, 2010

Welcome back to another installment of our regular feature, “Stuff Maybe we Should have Explained in the Caption, but Didn’t.” We are told these officers are holding targets during a demonstration to demand “more resources to combat violence…”

targets 490

Resources? What kind of resources?

BELGIUM-POLICE/Better training? It looks like not a single one of them seems to be able to hit a target. I say fire ‘em all and hire cops who can hit something!

Do they need bullets? Is this some kind of a Barney Fife force, where nobody is allowed to load their weapon?

WAIT! Maybe they’re pissed-off because their targets are made of a new space-age polymer, so their bullets just glance off and they can never qualify as marksmen?

Oh, I’m sorry. I’ve just been informed they are holding photos of their new uniforms, and they fear a trigger-happy citizenry. Fine, why didn’t we just say that in the first place?

Police officers display target sheets during a demonstration outside the Belgian Justice Palace in Brussels February 3, 2010. Several hundred policemen are demanding better working conditions and more resources to combat violence in Brussels. REUTERS/Yves Herman

I think they protest the fact their new uniforms force them to wear silly-looking fedoras, and they think they’ll be forced to join the White Hat conspiracy!

Hey, I can understand and relate to them: I’d protest either of those things as well!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Oh, Oh! I know, it’s paint by numbers! Too bad they only gave them black crayons. Now they can take them home and put them up on their refrigerators.

Can I have my meds now please?

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

I’m not sure holding those targets right in front of you is a good idea. You could get pelted with sprouts.

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

I think those targets might actually inspire criminals to aim better. I remember having only a vague outline to shoot at in my Army days. If I only had a hat to aim at, I could have shot much better…

“Oh, I had no idea the elbow was worth zero points! We should go for the chest next time! First to five points wins the booty!”

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

“If you see any of the three armed robbers fitting this description please inform the Belgian Police immediately. Do not try to apprehend these individuals yourself as they can deliver viscious and often fatal paper cuts. Thank you.”

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Are they trying to say that they ARE the targets?

‘Cause those targets look suspiciously like Canadian mounties to me…

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

I don’t remember the targets from my military daze. I just remember my DI threatening to bite my trigger finger if that’s what it took for me to remember to “squeeze” the trigger.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

[...] the original: Jeez officer, just THROW your gun at the target! | Analysis … Tags: assistant-were, barney, barney-fife, feel-bad, in-flight-fit, kind, load-their, police-force, [...]

Why is a shot to the elbow 0 points??? Doesnt a shot to the elbow hurt??

LMR, I think these may be undercover mounties, as they appear to have lost their discreet bright-red jackets.

Well, and the fact that mounties are the secret police in Canada does tell you things about the peculiarities of the country and its people… I mean, who else has a secret police dressed in bright red jackets, riding horses through downtown?

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

“Red Green”? Ya!

“The Man’s Prayer”

“I’m a man
But I can change
If I have to
I guess.”

My favorite character on Red Green is Ranger Bob. Unca, somehow, I bet yours is the (hard-of-hearing)fire chief who keeps blowing himself up, or the (heavily bandaged)animal guy who’s deathly afraid of animals.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Huh??

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

he he he he…. My thoughts exactly M… was just dazed looking at Unca’s comments… isnt he a crackp.. er.. cracker! :P