Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

That’s gonna hurt coming off…

February 6, 2010

COSTARICA-ELECTION/

What a frickin’ crap-fest of a day day this is!

green beans face 220Here I am, sittin’ outside under the bananas, peeling green beans! I hope my friends don’t see me. Could it get any worse?

Say, who are those goofballs coming up the street?

Hah, looks like they’re supporters of some presidential candidate, and they’re puttin’ bumper stickers on everybody’s car.

At least I’m safe, I don’t even drive. Hey, what the….!

Well, now here I am, sittin’ outside under the bananas, peeling green beans WITH A BUMPER STICKER ON MY FACE! I hope my friends don’t see me. Could it get any worse?

Say, who’s that goofball coming up the street now? Looks like a photographer…

Luis Roberto Ivancovich, 70, with a sticker of presidential candidate Otto Guevara of the opposition party Libertarian Movement, peels green beans at the Central Market in Cartado, Costa Rica, February 4, 2010. REUTERS/Juan Carlos Ulate

Comments

Oh Lamaaaaarrrrrr!

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

You know what could be worse? Get caught wearing a Che T-shirt. Now that is stupid.

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

Perhaps the Heineken on the hat explains things.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Costa Rica is great! Unless you are sitting on the sidewalk under a bunch of bananas, peeling green beans, and some goofball (Lonnie? Lamar? Dave? Schmuckatelli?) comes along and slaps a bumper sticker on your head.

I hope all you “mid-Atlantic” folks are enjoying your snow. Try to stay warm and don’t let the zombies in when they run out of food.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

What a wonderfully simple life!!

Posted by gmanvv | Report as abusive

I’ve heard of wearing your heart on your sleeve, but wearing you political view on your head? This is new…

Posted by Doppelganger | Report as abusive

Are they bananas or plantains ?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I agree with Doctor Doll… :P

Actually, CrowGirl, both are delicious deep fried, so don’t worry too much about which is which.

Now, I confess I feel sorry for this guy: his toothache must be a killer!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

plantains… wats that? Should I bother googling? maybe I should… else u would be teaching M.. and I would have to zap you…

M, what would not be delicious deep fried? Hell I am sure one could deep-fry a ’57 Chevy and it would be just scrumptous with a side of beets!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oooh I’m craving Bananas Foster right now! Back home I used to go to the Creole diner and they had the yummiest food and of course, we always had Bananas Foster for dessert, even if we were stuffed to the gills. Yegads it was good! And now I want some!!

:drool:

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Mr.Pilot, I believe you should come here to get those beets.. what’s a main without a side, eh? ;)

Bananas Foster E? Is that Australian for bananas beer?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Doppelganger,
When I read your post I was thinking about the Heineken hat. That should be our new political party. Free booze for everyone. And maybe medication too or is that too much?

Posted by IamNotSomebody | Report as abusive

Iam, great idea about the political party. The Ripped Publicans!

Slogan: “We’re mad as heck, and we’re only going to take this for a few more rounds! A pint of Best Bitter all around!”

I can hear the campaign speeches: “After drinking this barkeep’s ale, I woke up in the dog house with a bucket around my head and my pants around my ankles. I recommend his fine ale to everyone!”

Um . . . what were we talking about, again….”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

“what would not be delicious deep fried?” – Ifly, in the words of a former sushi chef friend of mine “there’s almost nothing that can’t be improved by frying…”

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Exactly CrowGirl!

Although don’t deep fry sushi. I am a sushi fiend. :)

I am swimming as fast as I can Shra!! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

You cant be swimming, if you are on OE, Mr.Pilot!
and I agree with the deep fried stuff… not good for the waistline.. but hey, fried chicken is fried chicken!
so, are bhajiyas and fries and other mouth-watering stuff… yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

ifly, I wouldn’t blame you for thinking it’s a beer! Instead, it’s a calorie fest consisting of bananas cooked in more butter and brown suger than is good for you, flamed with rum and served with ice cream.

Yuuuuuuumy!!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E!!! man… I think I am ready to devour an entire cake today…. too much food talk people!!!

I have Wi-Fi Shra. ;)

My mistake E. I was thinking of the old commercials for Fosters beer. The tag line was “Fosters, Australian for beer!” Dunno if those commercials spanned beyond the States.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oooh Shra, do you read Cake Wrecks? Every single time I look at it I want cake…I craaaave cake…must..have..cake!!

Mmmmmmmmcake nom nom nom

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I am gonna put myself in a sugar induced coma today…
I am depressed…

Why Shra?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

ha ha ha ha…. Unca, you are a cracker, did I ever tell you that?
Mr.Pilot, I let work get me down.. I know, serious offence… esp for a regular OE commenter..
So, I got myself home and made a fruit cake strawberry pudding!!!!
It was just what I needed…..

PilotGuy, now you’ve gone and broken poor Shra’s heart by promising to come and not making good on it. Now she’ll od on fried beets and plantains and sugar, and it’s all you fault!

If I were you, I’d start swimming right about now and hope the sharks and the snow-storms don’t slow you down too much.

(How’s that for laying guilt in somebody’s doorstep?)

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Aww.. now now.. M… that’s not very nice…
Mr.Pilot… I am eagerly awaiting your arrival… in other words, get your b*** down here, pronto!

Uh-oh…got myself if trouble did I? I am gonna get my bummy bum bum kicked from 3000 miles away. :(

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Unca, what if I just say the word doll. Oh, no! I just said the word doll. Ifly’s going to get his bum kicked! Oh, no! I just said the word doll again….

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

ha ha ha ha!!! Well,I havent kicked b*** in sometime.. ;)
Unca, I gather you called me “Doll”… awww, how sweet! :P
Doc, that wasnt for you at all.. get outta my limelight!
And what word did I have to say anyways… ?

Methinks I just lost out on red stilletos. :(

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Nah, Mr.Pilot… hurry soon and you may just get to see them.. :)