Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Cutest photos of the year, so far…

February 16, 2010

COLOMBIA/

Blog Guy, what’s the most shockingly shameless thing you’ve ever done to attract reader traffic to your blog?

COLOMBIA/Um, I’m guessing it might be posting pictures of a cat breastfeeding an injured squirrel while her kitten snuggles with it, and the little kitten and the squirrel hugging each other, and the squirrel eating out of the cat dish….

I get the idea. That IS cheap and shameless! All the cat people and kitten people and squirrel people on earth are going be sending that to each other for days, maybe weeks!

Yes, I suppose maybe they will, come to think of it….

Do you have ANYTHING to say in your own defense?

Well, I did crop out the panda cub that is sitting next to them, didn’t I?

Cat and squirrel photo slideshow

COLOMBIA/

Tita, a cat belonging to resident Ruben Gaviria, breastfeeds a squirrel as her kitten plays with it at Gaviria’s house in Envigado near Medellin February 16, 2010. Gaviria rescued the squirrel six days ago after it was found injured in a park. REUTERS/Albeiro Lopera

Comments

Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh that’s soooo cute!!

Thanks Baz. You just made my week. I’m gonna print that pic and hang it up next to all the other cat pics at my desk. Move over Garfield!

But I still love my cat more.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

sweet one :)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

The kitten isn’t playing with the squirrel, he’s saying “Hey! stop hogging the food!”

Posted by kgolden1 | Report as abusive

That’s wrong on several levels…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

If she is like most cats, she’s just fattening him up for slaughter.

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

Cats like to play with their food before they consume it. And in this case nurse it, cuddle with it, and share kibbles with it.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Thats is sweet….
Though I do kinda agree with the rest of sceptical people…
E, Garfield doesnt move… at all…

@ifly: ”

hmmm…sounds like women and cats have a lot in common… hehe :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I think that kitten is defending it’s food! Cute though… shamelessly so I agree ;)

Posted by SamWB | Report as abusive

See now that is a red squirrel which thanks to the Grey’Getting us back for 1776 and all that’ squirrel is now as rare as a Hittite (where did they go? One minute you couldn’t flick to a page in the Bible without them popping up, next thing nothing)

http://justthoughtyoumightbeinterested.b logspot.com

Posted by Justthoughtyoum | Report as abusive

Sure it’s cute…but not the cutest picture of the year in my opinion. You must not have seen the pictures of Zoe in the snow that I posted on FB.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

Whose Zoe, K? Share the pics and we would vote! :)

That won’t be necessary. I should have specified these are the cutest photos of a cat and a squirrel so far this year…

Posted by rbasler | Report as abusive

One month in the future…Good samaritan Ruben Gaviria released a rehabilitated squirrel in it’s park home today…the squirrel walked up to a roaming cat who played with the newly revitalized squirrel then quickly devoured it…

Posted by drmudd | Report as abusive

I would agree with you there fwd079..although I believe human females mainly feed on their mates bank accounts. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

somehow I feel like one of your fashion post outfits came alive and your cats are raising it. I am sure they will help it grow up strong for Milan when with proper accessories it will be a hit!

Posted by joshtondo | Report as abusive

And the human males feed on what, Mr.Pilot?

The hope and desire that at the end of the day we get some tee :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

LOL!! Mr.Pilot, you sly cat!

;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Notice how no one has refuted that yet. heh

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Y’all should see my desk right now. Covered in cute cat pictures! And also, one happy-go-lucky turtle that I stumbled upon on another photo-heavy website to do with geographics (national or otherwise). Ahem. Not that I’m naming and names.

Well, ok my desk isn’t covered, it’s the wall behind my desk that is. My desk is covered with papers that have nothing to do with cute aminals. Itty bitty cutesy wootsy aminals…soo cute!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I wish I sat in an office with pictures covering the back wall and nothing to deal with but stupid co-workers. As it stands now I have to wear a nametag and deal with stupid co-workers AND stupid customers.

Whoever coined the phrase “the customer is always right” needs to be tortured unmercifully until he/she realizes the monster he/she unleashed in the world of consumerism.

I recommend forcing him/her to read every entry of the OE blog continuously without meds. Just when he/she wants to gouge his/her eyes out, an ice pick would be placed juuuuuuust out of reach.

Yes I hate retail that much.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Egeria, to clean off your desk, may I suggest a lighter or propane torch? Next best thing to a really good assistant!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

i feel like the world is going to end because all the hilarously unexpected things to happen are happening..i mean normally these two cats will slaughter with no sympathy..and now these cats are just loving this little squirrel..

Posted by iknow_ampretty | Report as abusive

My desk has one Cat picture (Garfield, of course) and my own dog… Ahh… how I miss him…. All he does is sleep, eat and bark…. now, apart from the barking part, i think his lifestyle is very enviable…

Doctor Doll, I think I’m going to have to go the torch route. Budget cuts preclude the ability to have assistant. Bummer.

Shra, is the Garfield picture the one where it says ‘I might as well work, I’m in a bad mood anyway’? That’s the one I have.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

ha ha… the one I have is an assortment of Garfields antics, with Odie and John… oh how I love that Cat.. (note the capital C ;))…. everytime I look at it… I realise I can get away with being sarcastic with my manager… and guess what… he doesnt even realise!!!
So, me and Garfield share a secret smirk and plot away… :P

So cute! Nice photos.