Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

How much do you tip a lingerie model?

February 17, 2010

bombshells 1 490

Blog Guy, am I missing something? It’s the middle of February, and you haven’t posted any new Victoria’s Secret photos. Just warmed-over stuff from 2009. What’s up?

bombshell tips 240That’s what I’m trying to find out, stranger. I have some shots from a recent New York City event, but they are confusing and vaguely disturbing.

Really? In what way?

Well, you can see a couple of their models holding signs saying “CALLING ALL BOMBSHELLS,” and there seems to be some kind of Victoria’s Secret vehicle there, but I don’t see any windows. Are they enticing gorgeous women into the vehicle and taking them away somewhere, like a Pied Piper sort of deal?

USA/I mean, if I drove around New York City with a sinister vehicle full of captive supermodels, I’d be arrested in two or three days. A week, tops! I know guys who have tried it.

But here’s the other weird thing. Out of curiosity I enlarged the section just inside the door of the vehicle, and there’s a sign that says TIPS.

Does this mean Victoria’s Secret models are now accepting tips? For what?

How much are you supposed to leave them? I’m confused, and I need answers, answers, answers!

I guess I may need tip money, too.

Victoria’s Secret Bombshells Erin Heatherton (L) and Candice Swanepoel pose together as they arrive for an appearance at Victoria’s Secret store in New York, February 9, 2010.

Swanepoel poses during the appearance.

REUTERS photos by Brendan McDermid

Comments

Dang, they finally figured it out….

Have to fire Luigi…. told him he was getting slower with the opening and closing of doors!!!

Robert, I’m with you on this. I want answers, ideally practical ones, ones that I can put to work for me pronto!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

M, have you actually taken a look at that girl’s waist? I mean, a child could wrap his arms around her twice and still be left with air space!

aaaoooooohhhh :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I’m holding out for pictures featuring Sergio’s Surreptitious Skivvies…

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Maybe the photo is missing the “Q” as in Q-Tips. It would be used as a measuring device.

When a bonbshell arrives they compare her legs to the Q-Tip to see is she is too fat to be a VS model.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

I get tips all the time. I have a money bank at my desk and people keep putting spare change in it. It’s great when you want to treat yourself to a muffin and a coffee. It’s like…not even spending real money!!

:D

I love tips!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Yeah Bill, there are many possible answers. Since these women tend to model brassieres among other garments, I thought the sign might be a misspelling of another word that starts with TI and ends with S – sorry, I have to be vague about that.

Posted by rbasler | Report as abusive

here’s a tip eat something!!!

Posted by forbin26 | Report as abusive

They are tips of becoming a VS model. Tips include “How do shrink your wasteline while avoiding acid erosion to your teeth” and “Cleavage: lifting and tucking for the pros”. It also offers tips on nutrition advice such as
“21 ways to enjoy ice cubes for lunch”.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

What an ingenious way to get rid of the competition! That gives me an idea! I’m going to go stand on the street in front of my minivan holding a sign that says “Calling all fat chicks.”

Oh wait.

I could probably only fit about 3 of us in my van….

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

Lol. Mr.Pilot!!!!

For Everyone’s info (including the writer of this blog) it’s a tip jar for the makeup artists, not the models. As someone that has been involved in photo shoots in the past, the models are suppose to tip the makeup artists if they think they did a good job or took more time of them than another model.

Posted by jimthedj | Report as abusive

Oh dear. I’m sorry Jim, you must be new here. That is much too serious an explanation, and may even be correct. Where’s my taser?

Posted by rbasler | Report as abusive

Supposing you are correct, Baz, and it is a misspelling of the word, why would they deposit the ti-s there? Do they come off? Are there spares to use when they need to poke someone’s eye out?

Curious minds want to know!

Posted by beachbum | Report as abusive

Damnit, Jim, I’m a doctor, not a makeup artist….

Sorry. Was that one too lame?

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

Nope justK, that was fine. There is no depth that we cannot plumb in these comments and this blog.

Posted by IamNotSomebody | Report as abusive

Strictly going from the title of this one, I was going to respond “as far back as she’ll let you” but then you got all tippy on me … sigh …

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

You know… they are just so damn skinny, that even those shoes dont look good on them… now.. had it been me… ;)

I’m pretty sure the one on the right isn’t an underwear model. Those pants are so tight that you’d be able to see it…unless it’s that “Emperor’s New Clothes” line they are promoting.
It’s possible the “tips” sign is because this is specially equipped mobile “ladies room”, complete with attendant. I know when pants are that tight, you have to lie down and have help to get out of them for any reason.

Posted by strangename | Report as abusive

I just had a thought.

Maybe the van was originally a chip van, or an ice cream van…a hot dog van maybe?

Of course, if that’s the case then that was one optimistic vendor. And goes to show why the van is now in the hands of someone else! Inquiring minds want to know!

:?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

So you mean to say….. ? :P

Hug for you, Unca… part of the daily medication… :)