It hurts so bad! Too much to think about!

February 18, 2010

Somebody needs to help me out with this one. We have TWO photos purporting to show fashion models “listening to instructions” before presenting creations at a fashion show.

HUH?

models listen 490

I can buy a team of surgeons getting final instructions before creating the Six Million Dollar Man, but what kind of instructions do models need to hear?

“Let’s pay attention folks, to avoid some of the unfortunate mishaps we had at yesterday’s show.

USA-FASHION/“First, try to remember the runway doesn’t go on forever. Just because Melanie forgot to stop doesn’t mean the rest of you had to keep going and fall on her….

“Candy, I saw you smile out there yesterday. Not good. Remember, this is a sullen, mopey collection we’re presenting. Let’s see some serious pouting out there!

“Now, I don’t want to accuse anyone by name, but there were FOUR carrot sticks missing from the kitchen this morning. One of you has been binge-eating, and it has to stop!

“That’s it from me, any questions? Kenny? Sigh. Kenny, you’re a male model. Your job is to go out there, let people see your pants, and come back. Look, what if I put it on cue cards. Would that help?”

Top: Models listen to show instructions for the Toni Maticevski Fall 2010 collection during New York Fashion Week February 11, 2010.   REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton

Right: Models listen to instructions before presenting creations during the Perry Ellis Fall 2010 collection during New York Fashion Week February 15, 2010.  REUTERS/Carlo Allegri

For a moment, I thought the model in the 2 tiered hair, had sticks for fingers…. after the moment passed… I still think so…. Is this normal observation on a double dose?

Whassamatta Shra? Are you diss’in the skinny chicks again?

Are you sure you didn’t take 2 double doses?

Seriously BG, that has to be the most pissed off group of models I’ve ever seen. Ar you sure they are not watching the Geico caveman from the other day demonstrate his moves?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

You’ve got to wonder what will happen when these models decide to take it upon themselves to pay back the mistreatment in the briefing sessions…

Suddenly all of Robert’s past posts on fashion shows don’t seem that idiotic anymore!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Dave, I just dont like skinny people… when I see them either one of the 2 feelings are evoked in me….
either I abhor them.. ” how DARE she be that SIZE!”
or motherly… “poor kitten hasnt had anything to eat… she MUST be FED!”

At least the model in the grey sweatshirt (showing off the line of “i just rolled out of bed” look) is happy. Kinda like “ohmagawd ohmagawd imma be on the OE blog!!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

yeah… or maybe she is really hungry and this job would help her get some lettuce…. no points for guessign where those 4 carrot sticks went, eh? ;)

You think those blank runway stares happen spontaneously? It can be hard to hear the instructions for all the borborygmus (ha! Google that!)

Posted by strangename | Report as abusive

It looks like a convention photo of the Pasty Anoxeric Chicks Association.
Personally, I prefer my women to have significantly more, well, woman, and much less stick insect.
Curves and padding are good – bony and gaunt is bad.

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

I have always been attracted to women who are, well, womanly, not women who are stick-like or boyish. And I especially find unattractive sticks with angry eyes and/or completely vacuous faces. I have always been puzzled by a society which finds stick-like women to be the ideal. Ms. angry-eyebrows-and stick-fingers is just about as attractive as a garden hoe . . . and probably just about as companionable.

To me, the ideal woman also has to be smart, sensitive, and athletic. But that’s just me.

I am very fortunate to have married the only woman I have ever loved, a woman who was so smart, sensitive, athletic, and pretty that I was tongue-tied around her!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

models? education? buwahahaha :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Doctor!! That is sooooooooo romantic! I hope you tell your wifey that quite often!! :)

Damn, do a lot of people have “sensitive” on their list ? I’m screwed !

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

But there is a place in the world for a hoe…

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Billl,

Garden one, or a garden variety one?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Well for a lonely Garden Gnome, a garden variety one. Okay for everyone, a garden variety one.

Variety is the spice of life.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

[...] on this topic.Powered by WP Greet Box WordPress PluginBlog Guy, I was intrigued by your post about models having to get “instructions” before fashion shows. Were you able to learn anything more about what they were being [...]

[...] Guy, I was intrigued by your post about models having to get “instructions” before fashion shows. Were you able to learn anything more about what they were being [...]

Well… really…. I just think they are hungry…. poor kitties….

he he he…. I am feeling wicked….