Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

If I could find my guidance counselor right now…

February 24, 2010

RUSSIA/

Blog Guy, I hear your career advice is great. I’m graduating soon, and I’ll be looking for something good. My dad always said I should have a desk job.

Then I’ve got a great career path for you. Check out this guy in the photo. That could be you.

desk job crop 240Um, not to complain or anything, but I don’t think that’s what my dad meant. This guy is HOLDING a desk in his teeth.

Well sure. What do you think I’m doing as I write this blog? You think they let ME sit down? What’s your point?

Just that maybe this guy could find something better.

What, and leave show business?

Look, Blog Guy, I don’t want to be rude, but don’t  you think this is a little pathetic?

No. I think that dude you can see in the crowd using his phone to take a PICTURE of this guy, now HE’S pathetic.

Join the Oddly Enough blog network

A serviceman holds a desk by his teeth at a military show during the celebration of Defender of the Fatherland Day in Russia’s far eastern city of Vladivostok February 23, 2010. REUTERS/Yuri Maltsev

Comments

He is not taking a picture, he is shaving his nose hairs.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Now that is some angle of a shot, I say….

Great comrades! Glad we won the “big one” and we didn’t end up having to fight these guys. I can imagine having a platoon of snarling chompers that could bite through bayonets and catch bullets from the air.

The camera phone guy’s name is Kaczynski. Or something like that.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Is this a traditional russian military punishment?
They must strengthen their teeth by eating rye bread.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

naah…he has support from his thighs for that table, lame show of power, but that’s common in communism.. ooops ;)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I think his tongue was frozen to the desk.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Woww. I hope that guy’s just texting ‘cuz it’s the only thing to do in this situation. He looks trapped. Maybe txting the police for help?

Posted by Db8r | Report as abusive

He looks like he’s got quite twinkly eyes though.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I wouldnt want to go out to dinner with him….

Well, no. Because he’d be nibbling the table while I was indulging in serious detailed menu reading. But maybe I’d catch up with him for a drink later.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

This could work out quite well.
“I’m sorry Miss Crow, we don’t have a table for this evening.”
“It’s OK, I’ve brought my own.”
He’d be a very cheap date. :)

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

He could bring the chairs, too. Looks like he has two ears that aren’t doing anything. If only humans were equipped with an anatomical feature that would make it easy to carry things, something like feet, but not used for walking….

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

It’s funny you should mention that, Doc. Check out the item I just posted…
http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/02/27/roy-hand-me-that-users-manual-f or-a-sec/

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive