Some frickin’ chicken, Mr. President?

March 4, 2010

obama chicken combo 490

Blog Guy, can you please settle a bet I have with my boyfriend? Has President Obama ever seen a whole lot of fried chicken before?

You know, I would have said yes, because he does get around, but judging from his expression here I’m now thinking maybe this was his first time.

obama chicken crop 260Of course, it’s also possible that he’s thinking, “Let’s see, on Sunday my doctor told me to lower my cholesterol, and now here’s a big mess of fried chicken. What do I do?

“I know, I’ll just have an out-of-body experience until that guy with the camera goes away.”

Oh, you don’t actually have any photos of him EATING the chicken?

No. I believe the Secret Service hustled the woman away quickly. A wise move, considering the number of past presidents who have been beaten to death with drumsticks.

U.S. President Barack Obama is served fried chicken as he visits Mrs. Wilkes’ Dining Room in Savannah, Georgia March 2, 2010. REUTERS/Larry Downing

OMG!!!! I am sooooooooooooooooooo in the mood for KFC right now……!!!!! Blog Guy…. I am gonna blame you for the tiniest bit of increase in my waistline for now on……
there! Add that to the list of misfortunes you have had since I started commenting on your blogs….
Yummmmmm…………….. Fried chicken!!!!!!!!

I’m just glad it wasn’t a turducken!

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

Aw man, and I still have 40 minutes before my lunch break. And then I gotta sit slurping my soup when all I really want is fried chicken. Cripsy, golden, piping hot fried chicken…mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Baz, this is torture! You owe me one!!

;)

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Also check out the server’s tee…. “I ate my will power”!!!!!!!!! Hilllllllllllllllllllllllarious!!!!!!!!!  !!!!
LLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

You always manage to come up with such interesting facts, Robert!! I actually didn’t know death by drumstick was a frequent way to go for former Presidents! I love your blog more with each passing day!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

There is a KFC in Scotland?

Ya know it brings a tear of pride to my eye that in todays world of global outreach America, my beloved home country, is stepping up to the plate and doing her part to contribute the very best she has to offer.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Shra,

Easy … easy … calm down … help is on the way.

(Bob. You might want to back off on the fried chicken and shoe posts. Shra gets a little too excited.)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

I’m just amazed at the time he must put in coming up with his titles … frickin’ chicken … amazing.

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

CAM, you helping me? I think I need a alcohol coma today… wanna help me in drinking too?
Mr. Pilot… I favour America’s other greaatest, MacDonalds more… :)

I’m more of a turkey-lurky kind of guy, rather than a “frickin’ chicken.” I don’t fret or fribble over fricatives and fricassees. I just love loitering lurkingly.

Tschüss and ta ta,

DD

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Did someone say alcohol coma? I must impose myself on that venture!

McDonalds is is just another way for America to try to bully the world. With its all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, onions, pickles, on a sesame seed bun……

Ummm will everyone excuse me for a bit, it’s time for my six hour lunch break…

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Shra … I’ve got a couple of donuts left. We can wash them down with a nice burgundy.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

yummy…

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

@ shar would that be KF McC?

Posted by ochoo | Report as abusive

Its Shra, Ochoo… He he he… you can use KFC and MacD in any manner you want….
Its Friday, making that MacD day…. Mayo Chicken and Large fries..Take away please…That would be £2.38 ….

Mushroom angus burger, super-sized. No less than $7.50.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Who was it that said “never eat anywhere called Mom’s” ? I’m guessing that they may also have included “Mrs”.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

It was Nelson Algren: “Never play cards with a man called Doc. Never eat at a place called Mom’s. Never sleep with a woman whose troubles are worse than your own.”

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Of course, thanks. Wise words for us all in there.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by rbasler: Some frickin’ chicken, Mr. President? http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/03/04/some-frickin-chicken-mr-preside nt/ #Obama #Health…