Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

What are you chicks waiting for again?

March 6, 2010

FRANCE-FASHION/

“Maggie, what the hell is going on? The fashion show has started, and those three models over there don’t even have their make-up! Let’s get going!”

“But Boss, I can’t do their make-up until their hair is done!”

“Their hair IS done, you silly twit!”

“But Boss, that can’t be! They’ve got all kinds of wires and toothpicks and parking tickets and dipsticks and golf tees and other crap sticking all out of their hair!”

“Right, that’s how the designer wants it…”

FRANCE-FASHION/“Nuh-uh…”

“Uh-huh…”

“Nuh-uh…”

“Uh-huh…”

“Look Boss, let’s just look out there on the runway to see how the OTHER models look! Voila!  Uh-oh. So, girls, you ready for a little dab of make-up now?”

fashion hair combo bottom 490

Top: Models wait to have their make-up done backstage prior to the presentation of Portuguese designer Fatima Lopes Fall/Winter 2010/11 women’s ready-to-wear fashion collection during Paris Fashion Week, March 2, 2010.

Other photos: Models present creations by Lopes, March 2, 2010.

REUTERS photos by Gonzalo Fuentes

Comments

You see, that’s what happens when you hire zombie models. They turn up to work looking like they’ve been dragged through a litter bin. You can disguise them by adding a bit of blusher and colour, but they are still zombies underneath.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Let’s be careful, Nurse. Audience research shows that 82 percent of my readers are zombies, so if you offend them, there goes my bread and butter.

Thankfully, it’s pretty hard to offend a zombie…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

More like zombies than chicks…Can anyone tell me why don’t models SMILE when they are on catwalk ? :-O

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

“Ungnnnnh. Ugnahhhh. Grains. Grains.” ~arms outstretched, reaching for computer screen~ (I’m a health-conscious zombie, so I eat whole grain, instead of brain.) Who needs brains when they read this blog?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I’m pretty sure they’re waiting for HBO.

Posted by sarabelle | Report as abusive

Nice one Dr. D!

Nuttin’ wrong with zombies, nope, nuttin’ at all. As long as they aren’t hanging around me.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

I prefer my zombies lightly grilled with a side order of mushrooms but I know they’re not to everyone’s taste.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Well thanks, Nurse, there goes most of my readership…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

@fwd079
Do you see what they have to wear? It’s hard enough to get a job as a zombie already, but to be forced to have to walk the runway in that mess, to be ridiculed and mocked by OE commenters. You can understand why they are thinking “f**k my undead life”.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

That’s what my hair looked like this week during spring cleaning!

Posted by kgolden1 | Report as abusive

You know the trouble, is Blog Guy, it’s difficult to work out which lowest common denominator I’m trying to avoid offending at any given moment.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Ah come on, they had to do something daft with their hair; the clothes are borderline normal.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Hello,there. THis comment is to recommend Mr Basler to have a look at MUDA A LA VISTA or, in other words, Dumb at seeing it! / Fashion at sight. In Spanish Fashion is Moda. Armstrongfl doesn´t understand how Mr Basler hasn´t put this image on his blog, it is the fashion week in Cibeles, Madrid. The designer is a woman called Isabel Mastache
;-)
Regards!
armstrongfl

Posted by armstrongfl | Report as abusive

Unca … LOL! Zombies are all jerky, if you ask me.

BG … I think my sister is going to give up modeling. She can’t take all this attention. Maybe go back into neurosurgery. Brains are not all they’re cut out to be (figuratively speaking).

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@Ifly: a big LOL :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I dont know what to say?

CAM, I think that is a great thing for your sister to be. Now, in neurosurgery, she’ll have all her work cut out for her!

That is, as long as she doesn’t specialise in zombies, in which case she’s be probably doing a bit of overkill

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

The orange one looks decent enough…. though I really dont like the colour….

Yes, that is the bus line that takes the to my ward, where they are welcome any day of the week!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive