Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

On the red carpet in designer gowns and Crocs?

March 8, 2010

Blog Guy, as a Hollywood media insider AND a fashion blogger, you must come under intense pressure to publicize all the glitzy designer creations worn by celebrities to the Oscars, right?

Boy, I’ll say. Those publicists are very pushy.

oscars shoes combo use this one 490

So how do you handle the pressure?

Well, I’m basically a nice guy, so I try to help them out. For instance, an e-mail came my way trying to publicize Oscars celebrities wearing Sergio Rossi shoes.

OSCARS/It mentioned Penelope Cruz in black satin platforms, Michelle Pfeiffer in wine satin platforms, Rachel McAdams,  Elizabeth Banks, and so on….

I was in a supportive mood, so here are some shots of those women.

But Blog Guy, um, you can’t see shoes on any of them.

oscars shoes rings 240What with the long gowns this year, they may as well have been wearing Crocs, huh?

Say, I hope Sergio Rossi had something to do with those great rings Elizabeth Banks is showing off. Now THAT’S some good publicity!

Top left: Penelope Cruz arrives at the Academy Awards in Hollywood, March 7, 2010. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson

Top middle: Rachel McAdams arrives at the Awards. REUTERS/Brian Snyder

Top right: Presenter Michelle Pfeiffer take the stage during Awards. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn

Bottom right: Elizabeth Banks shows off her rings as she arrives at the Awards. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson

Comments

You did this to Shra on purpose didn’t you?

Posted by IamNotSomebody | Report as abusive

You think I’m going to admit that while she’s holding the taser?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Finally, a Lady Gaga-free awards show! Of course, she could’ve worn that dress she wore when she met the Queen.

Posted by kgolden1 | Report as abusive

Yet another clever ploy by Blog Guy to lure unsuspecting female readers into the OE lair. After which, he gets them hooked on designer shoes and forces them to post witty comments (and eat med-laced doughnuts) until they turn into zombie models with bad hair and makeup! We have spoiled your wicked plot, Basler! Take off your white hat and surrender! The police are at your door.

Shra … help is on the way! :-0

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Yeah, there will be blackouts in the UK tonight, once Shra starts firing that taser on fully automatic….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

The long skirts make sure that no one runs out of carpeting to tread on, the way author Neil Gaiman says he kept treading on Rachel’s McAdams skirt. This panorama shot shows Neil anxiously eyeing the hem of Rachel’s skirt:
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la- et-oscar-red-carpet-mcadams-theron-pano, 0,7005862.htmlstory

This blog is hilarious, and I’d ROFL. But there’s not much room, what with all those skirts!

Posted by gonegaga | Report as abusive

Oh my but did Gerry Butler ever look good at the Oscars. That man was born to wear a tuxedo. Or..not wear it depending on how you look at it. :P

Two rings on one finger? Isn’t that a bit…much?

:?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Blackouts I can take, as long as I have some of Robert’s doughnuts around. Otherwise, how could I live without consulting this blog?

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

@gonegaga … I liked the panoramic link. Kinda psychedelic. Let me be the first to welcome you to the blog. Bob’s a special case, you know. I personally ROLF after reading this blog but, that may just be the side effects from the doughnuts.

Nice one, unca!

Shra’s away … must be trying on shoes somewhere.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

I am just seething…..

Simmer down Shra, I can see the steam from here!! Ah sure, not that I blame you. Really…trying on shoes? Sheesh. You were most likely buying them already!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

hmm… loved the oscars, good Avatar didn’t get anything special..sorry but hated that movie ;-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Basler would pay for this… sometime or the other…. he would pay…. mark my words you all….