Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

I’m Mr. Bozo, I’ll be your attorney…

March 16, 2010

So Alan, another Monday morning at the office. Whatcha got going on today?

fashion red suits crop 280Oh don’t even ask, Gordon! I got an Executive Board meeting all day to discuss the IBM acquisition.

That sounds awful, man. Yeah, I’ve got a visit from the SEC regulators. Those guys put me to sleep.

I hear you. I think I might already be late for the Board meeting, but I can’t see my wristwatch because these sleeves hang down 18 inches past my hands. My tailor says that’s how they’re wearing them now.

PORTUGAL/That’s pretty strange, Alan. I just picked up this new suit, and MY tailor says they’re wearing sleeves four inches ABOVE the wrist I wonder who’s right?

Well, at least we know that classic pinstripe suits are finally giving way to red and white polka-dots, so we’re ahead of the curve on that one. Look sharp, here comes the CEO….

Fashion show slideshow

Models present creations by fashion designer Shunnoz-Tekasala as part of his men’s Autumn/Winter 2010/11 fashion collection during Lisbon Fashion Week March 14, 2010.  REUTERS/Jose Manuel Ribeiro

Comments

At least the “attorney” on the right has the GREAT BIG HANDKERCHIEF act going. How many times in court have I wanted to pull out one of those, dab my streaming eyes, and blow my nose very, very noisily. And then, it would be time to pull out the tiny violin out of my brief case….

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

And my whole law firm, with GREAT BIG BRIEF CASES, could pile out of a tiny, little Lexus (or Mercedes)on the courthouse steps….

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Just let go of it, Doc. The profession is changing….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I think someone messed up on the footwear, though – those shoes actually seem to fit the models.

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

Clownz. Lawyerz. I’m so confused.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

It’s Tuesday morning and I started the day with egg on my car.

Literally.

Someone egged my car last night and I am beyond pissed off.

Arms are gonna get broken if I find out who did it.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I believe Shra did it…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I’d love to wear that on the birthday party of my nephew :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

The Bench: “ORDER! ORDER! Order in the court!”

Counsel: “Ham and Cheese!”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

“The Short, Unhappy Legal Career of Bozo, Esquire”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Basler…. I am gonna get in touch with whoever is haunting you and make sure that you dont get any sleep tonight…..
Mr.Pilot… you know me, dont you? I wouldnt ever egg your car….now, if it was Basler’s car, then maybe I would… I mean, I REALLY would!(Kidding, Basler!)

As for these clowns… fwd.. I had rather see you in them clothes… I am sure you would be better eye candy then these gents here…
Maybe Mr.Pilot could accompany you as “Alan” ?

Speaking of being haunted, I think I have a ghost “living” with me. There is often a “cold spot” in my kitchen (usually in the fridge, in fact,) “disembodied voices” in the vicinity of my telephone, an “orb” outside my back door (usually on moonlit nights). Gotta be spooks. What else could explain these supernatural events?

The world is full of the unexplainable. Take for example, the fact that the Brooklyn Bridge is in — of all places — Brooklyn! What are the odds of that happening?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Sorry Doc, but I can top that. Did you know that Lou Gehrig actually died of Lou Gehrig’s disease? You can look it up if you don’t believe me.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Shra my dear if it was you I would be more impressed that you tossed an egg clear across the pond and managed to hit my car dead-on than I would be angry. I mean that’s skill!

Hell yeah I would accompany fwd079 as “Alan”. After you go to the birthday party of your nephew, we can hit the birthday party of my nephews! :)

Mr. B., so which came first then, Lou Gehrig or Lou Gehrig disease?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Heck, Shra I’ll help you egg Baz’s car :P He’s gone and made me cry!!

Those models…srsly? I mean..SRSLY??? The fashion industry needs to get real, grow up and get a life!!!

ifly, hope you find out who egged your car. That’s rotten! (The egging I mean, not the eggs)

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I hope it wasn’t rotten eggs.

Posted by IamNotSomebody | Report as abusive

Yes, I’ve heard that about Lou Gehrig. What are the odds, Baz? Coincidence? I think not.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

REALLY, Unca? I had a ’69 Mustang, too. Yellow with a black top. Wish I still had it.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Were they free range?

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

The man on the right of the photo is wearing the wrong tie / cravat thing.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

No Iam, the eggs were not rotten, just the kids that threw them.

I know it doesn’t compare to a Mustang, but my first car was a ’70 Cutlass. I loved that car, but being a teenage driver, I beat the snot out of it. I had a tank of a car with a huge engine…. yeah I was stupid with it. I still miss her! :(

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@Ifly: Cool…sounds like a plan :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Am I the only one who thinks Bozo & brother are good looking?

Posted by itsnotme | Report as abusive

I just love your fashion advise, Robert. I would have never thought of wearing this kind of thing to a board meeting! Just you wait ’till I get the wife to look at this! Yeah!!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive