Zombie models, undead and unamused

March 23, 2010

fashion zombies 490

Okay, fashion show staff, as you know we’ve been struggling for some time with the problem of models showing too much emotion when they’re out on the runway.

fashion zombies 260Sure, an occasional pout or contemptuous sneer or obnoxious smirk can have its place, but our new clothing line is heading more in the direction of no emotion whatsoever.

Some of you have already met “Doc” Smith, who recently engineered our half human, half animal models.

Today, I’m excited to announce that “Doc” is unveiling our new batch of 100 percent emotion-free models.

“Doc,” correct me if I’m wrong, but I understand you cross-breed Zombies with Amish people, then have them read that Oddly Enough Blog for four days straight, and this is the result?

Now, let me ask you this, “Doc.” Do these new zombies still feast on human brains?

Ah, I see. So they do, but they have to lurch around in a horse-drawn buggy to find them! Yeah, that makes sense….

Models present creations by Ukrainian designer Sosnovska during Ukrainian Fashion Week in Kiev, March 16, 2010. REUTERS/Gleb Garanich

This is your brain…. This is your brain after reading OE for four straight months…. Sorry, can’t paste graphics, so you’ll have to use your imagination.

Good to be back home and out of the cave for a couple of weeks.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

[...] More here:  Zombie models, undead and unamused | Analysis & Opinion | Reuters [...]

More zombie fashion models…ho hum.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Gorss, this is the MOST disgusting zombie shot ever!

ok I’ve got a spare shotgun.. who wants to shoot them? :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

And why would I want to buy clothes from people who aren’t happy wearing them?

Give me an outfit on a happy smiling model and I might consider it. If the straps work that is.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Well they’re a happy bunch. From the looks on their faces I’m guessing they’re listening to the pitch for the designer’s next idea.

Posted by Bandage | Report as abusive

I am with ya fwd079 only I am manning the .50 cal!! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Village of the Damned 2 – All Grown Up…

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

“We are a vastly superior race of beings….and we really enjoy a good game of checkers.”

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

See, I TOLD you this would happen if they passed health care! Too many doughnuts.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

From a different angle, I’m seeing annoyed ninjas. Their headgear obviously doesn’t fit so they’re forced to take on a macabre disposition.

Unc, thanks for the welcome on the other post. You’re invited to show me the correct way to look through the barrel of my winchester any day.

CAM, where can I get these doughnuts you’re talking about?

Posted by dazedconfused | Report as abusive

These are more vampiric than zombie. They have to keep their mouths shut to hide the fangs and wear scarves to hide the bite marks. The vampire second from the left has an extraordinarily long neck; prime vampire target material.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Hey Dave, happy out of cave-ness. :)

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

This is disturbing…. I mean… really… All I can feel is pity for these guys…. on the other hand, if they are really zombies, then.. does anyone have an air rifle? That’s the only thing I can handle….

Dazed, you can always get the medidoughnuts at Robert’s Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Store… I suggest you look through older posts to get more illustration.

But, since we’re all highly medicated in this blog, I guess it really doesn’t make a difference… just sprinkle your Krispy Kreme with Xanax and you’ll do just fine.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

I want doughnuts too!

I brought a Greek salad for lunch (although, if it is sans olives is it still Greek?) but I might nip up to the shop afterwards for something indulgent. With extra ‘special’ sprinkles.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

@justM,
You could get Krispy Kreme, but why pass up the discount at Robert’s Goofy Face Museum and Donut Store if you show your OE commenter ID card?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Mmmm I had my salad but also splurged on a Tim Hortan’s chocolate ring doughnut. Now I am in a sugar coma for the afternoon. I can barely type to comment!

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

PilotGuy, just in the case where you’re out of the coverage area of Robert’s distribution network…

By the way, I am not sure I’ve ever got my ID. I think I lost it, along with a part of my memory, last time Shra zapped me… Well, besides the discounts, I am not sure I’ve lost much.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

1200 FPS ?! From an air rifle ?! Is that even legal ?! Oh, no, wait, you’re in the US…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I am kinda wondering about that myself actually…..

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

1200 FPS?? I am ammunition illiterate… Was at a friend’s farm… and they all being big and older to me (being my sister’s friends, really), they thought they would have a laugh at my expense… and told me to shoot at the cans with an air rifle…
And I shot the first 3 (outta 5) straight out of the line… !!!
Well, they made sure they never handed me a gun again…
I am more of a pepperspray and knife kinda person, anyways…

Shra, the pepperspray I can definitely understand, especially the pepper bit. I was wondering if you also put a little cumin, ginger and turmeric in that…

Me, I am more of a gingerly advice kind of person, but I guess it really takes all kinds…

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

R. Lee Ermy is da man!!!!!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I would totally have a beer with him and let him tell me everything he knows!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ok… I know I ask silly questions that make you go “tsk tsk” but I would ask nevertheless… Who is R.Lee Ermy?

Three words Shra….Full. Metal. Jacket.

FMJ rulez!!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

“Sound off like you gotta pair!!” :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ayayayay!! You guys are making no sense… or maybe you would after I have had my afternoon dose….

If I was in the military and R. Lee Ermey was my DI evert time he told me to drop and give him 20, I would give him 40.. 20 extra just for him being so awesome! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

If pressed, I may confess to sometimes going running whilst listening to cadences. :) I don’t want no teenage queen – I just want my M14…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I would want R. Lee Ermey to teach me how to be badass. Not just normal badass but R. Lee Ermey badass!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

[...] what’s wrong with this batch, Lamar? Are they zombies, genetic mutations, snake handlers, extremely [...]