Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Can’t walk on the catwalk?

March 29, 2010

GEORGIA/

Boss, the models are complaining about their food again.

Lonnie, I get so tired of this! What do they expect, real meat?

fashion fall crop 220Well Boss, some of them say they’re not even getting enough nutrition to make it to the end of the runway and back without stopping for a rest.

Why, we’ve even had members of the audience trying to feed them to get them back up on their feet.

What? Are you serious, Lonnie? I have a brilliant idea!

Let’s close the backstage lunch room, and we’ll SELL food to the audience so they can experience feeding a model. The girls get fed, and WE make money on the deal!.

It’s so interactive! It’ll be sort of like a petting zoo!

Boss, I think we’d get in big trouble if we actually CALLED it a petting zoo.

Good point, Lonnie. We need a clever name to promote it.  What do you think of CHICK ‘N’ FEED?

A model is helped by a spectator after she fell while presenting a creation by Georgian designer Irakli Nasidze during Georgian Fashion Week in Tbilisi March 26, 2010. REUTERS/David Mdzinarishvili

RK8W8P8YNM84

Comments

Aww poor thing, she must be mortified! Looks like she caught her dress in her shoe maybe?

Love that an audience member went to help her while her model cohorts traipsed on past!! Sheesh, what a selfish industry!

Is there a rolling eyes smiley I can use here?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

CHICK ‘N’ FEED…that is f**king funny!

If a model can’t make it across the runway they are taken back stage, shot, then sent to the glue factory.

And that’s how we get modeling glue boys and girls. :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

E, the only one who’s allowed to roll eyes here is Shra, and only because the poor thing can’t control it.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

On closer inspection, that’s no model! That’s Jean-Claude Van Damme, about to execute another spinning high-kick, err, just as soon as he unhooks his dress from his shoes.

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

That fellow from the audience looks very caring. Good on him for giving a damn I say.

I would also like to see the shoes they were forcing her to wear while wearing that contraption, I mean, creation. Not for Shra’s usual reasons, but to see whether or not it was actually physically possible to walk in them unaided.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

Bob! You have had it…. you really have… await my curse!!!! Once I think it up and concoct it…
And I appreciate that audience member’s concern.. sweet aint it, to see something like this… ?

Another one bites the… well just bites :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

LMR, I believe it is physically possible, although it probably requires a significant amount of prior training, as with any pair of stilts. The problem really is finding insurance that covers that risk and pays the chiropractor on call throughout the fashion show.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

LMR, from the look of the model stepping over her, the shoes look mighty high.

Was it on oddee I saw a pair of shoes that some models actually refused to walk in? My oh my I wonder what Tyra had to say about that!! If ever there was a slave to the industy, Tyra would be it.

I shan’t refrain from rolling my eyes. Shra can’t have a monopoly, there is strength in numbers Baz!!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

The bloke helping her up appears to be wearing winklepickers !!!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Pardon my ignorance, yet again, but what on earth are “winklepickers”????

Shra, they’re a shoe with a very pointy toe, from back in the day…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winklepicke rs

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Dang I had a pair of winklepickers and didnt even know it!!!
I just knew them as “really hep and pointy toed boots”