The naked stewardess time warp…

April 2, 2010

flight attendants 490

Welcome back to a regular feature we like to call, “What Year is this Again?.”

There was a time, years ago, when airline flight attendants were called stewardesses, and they tended to be portrayed as flying cocktail waitresses.

SPAIN-STEWARDESSES/Gorgeous girls in sexy outfits, catering to sexist businessmen. Back in the 1960s, there was even a very popular book, “Coffee Tea or Me?”

If you don’t believe me, just watch some movies from those days.

Thankfully that image is gone. Flight attendants worked hard over the years to prove they were responsible professionals, especially in times of crisis in the air.

stewardess book 120This was a hard-won victory for them and for those to follow in their footsteps behind the beverage cart.

Fast forward to 2010. Flight attendants for a grounded Spanish airline called Air Comet are understandably upset, saying they are owed several months’ worth of back wages.

What to do, what to do?  We’re professionals, after all, and we need the public to pay attention to our plight!

So how can we make sure people take us seriously?

I know, let’s take our clothes off and pose for a nude calendar!

Flight attendants pose nude in a calendar picture handouts released March 31, 2010. Flight attendants owed up to nine months wages by a grounded Spanish airline have posed nude for a calendar to draw attention to their plight, one of the cabin crew turned models said on Wednesday. REUTERS/Augusto Robert/Handout

Book cover, “Coffee Tea or Me?

Men are called pigs and perverts and are told they think only with their….you know. Yet there is never a shortage of women willing to take their clothes off.

Oh wait, they say it makes them feel “empowered”. Mmmm-hhhmmm.

I am sooooo gonna get my ass kicked for saying that. And multiple zaps no doubt but hey, on behalf of my gender I just have to point out the hypocrisy.

On a lighter note, airplanes and boobies!! Yaaaayyy! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Men (and women) have enjoyed looking at nude women for a long time, and many women have enjoyed posing nude. It’s biology – the way we’re constructed. I say we need more of this and less absurd mental mush about how a baby surfing the web would be damaged by seeing nude people

Posted by gnb | Report as abusive

@Ifly: I’m with you, completely. Coffee tea or me? I’d go for me on Spanish planes :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

@fwd079, it’s a shame none of the flight attendants looked that good the last few flights I took.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Gee Unca – “absurd mental mush”. Bet you never used that line on a nasty.

@gnb – you need a primer on sarcasm. Sorry, the sarcasm font is turned off for comments, or maybe you would have recognized Unca’s finely honed skills.

@fwd079/ifly – boobies are always nice. And especially the kind with no annoying little white bars. Delta DEFINITELY needs to hire from the same talent pool as Spanish Fly Airlines… Would make that 14 hour Atlanta-Dubai flight much, much more enjoyable.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Oh come on, don’t tell me a comment about turbulence and bouncy boobs is too risque to put up here! Or have I been regulated to the spam filter?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

And BG says he gave us eye candy… hmmmpppffhhh… i am suffering from PHS… :(

And I actually have Coffee Tea or Me!!! he he he…. nice read.. :P

@Unca, I dunno. I few of my comments across varous posts didn’t seem to make it onto the page. And they were hilarious too! I talked about boobies, poo flinging, airplanes. Oh well, I guess they will be lost to the spam basket forever.

@Shra, ha ha, you know which one I would choose. ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ooooooh Mr.Pilot, you make me curiouser and curiouser… (if there is a word like curiouser);)

Should I add a flight attendent outfit to your modeling attire? ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Unca, are you sure that comment was meant for this blog? Sounds like it should have gone on the monkey police one. Great, not only are we spam basket victims but now it seems we are subject to “random comment post migration” syndrome as well.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

[...] 6. The naked stewardess time warp [...]

[...] 6. The naked stewardess time warp [...]

[...] back to a regular feature we like to call, “What Year is this Again?” in in which we offer up news items which cause us to question whether we may have gone back in [...]