Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

iPad? Damn, was that THIS weekend?

April 4, 2010

Blog Guy, you’ve been strangely silent on the release of the iPad. It’s all any of the other bloggers are writing about, and especially with your technical following…

ipad combo top 490

Yeah, sorry, I just heard about it. I wish somebody had told me it was being released this weekend. But when I saw it in the newspaper yesterday, my team and I bought one and put it through its paces.

Not to criticize, Blog Guy, but what else is there to say about the iPad at this point?

ipad vertical combo 220Plenty. My cat, Jackson, found the navigation confusing.

My assistant, Lamar, complained that he “couldn’t find the way to flip up the top.” So he tested it for durability, using a sledgehammer and an anvil to take it apart into 246 pieces.

We then….

Hold on, Blog Guy. You’re a complete idiot. First, the iPad doesn’t have a mouse, so I don’t know what the hell your cat is doing there. And secondly, Lamar is a Luddite imbecile. There’s nothing to flip up.

So once again, you have wasted our time and shed no new light on a topic of great interest to many of  your readers. What do you have to say?

Um, do you know anybody who can  help me put this thing back together so I can return it to the Apple store for a refund? It’s almost time for Jackson’s dinner, and I’m writing this blog in longhand.

Zoe, a domestic shorthair cat, touches the mouse of a computer in a 2007 file photo. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton

A volunteer smashes a computer during “Good Riddance Day,” an event designed to allow people to shred their bad memories from 2009, in New York December 28, 2009. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson

An Apple iPad is displayed during an iPad launch event at the Apple retail store in San Francisco, April 3, 2010.  REUTERS/Robert Galbraith

The components of an iPad are laid out during a teardown by iFixit’s Luke Soules, performed in Glen Ellen, Virginia, April 3, 2010. REUTERS/Molly Riley

Comments

iPad? iBored.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Hey! I think you got a picture of me there smashing random Apple products! (It’s my favorite hobby)

Posted by Db8r | Report as abusive

I dont know why people are so interested in iPad.

John at Travertine

Posted by Travertine | Report as abusive

ifly, isee.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Hilarious Bob…That’s one of your better pieces in a while. Nice.

Posted by onequartlow | Report as abusive

@Ifly: I’m from IT crowd, so I liked the iPad, but I guess ladies would love it, just check out the link ;-)

http://www.funnyfreejokes.net/funny-ipad .html

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

@fwd079, iThink that despite how much the iPad is being ridiculed, it’s still going to be very popular. iDunno about getting many chicks with it though.

The iPad vs Stone was pretty funny. :)

iWon’t be getting an iPad cause iAm not really that tech savy (my cell doesn’t even have web access!) and cause more importantly, iBroke.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

To get “chicks,” you neeed the iFeel.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

So this is a crossover between a smart phone and a laptop, eh? It’s more like the crossover from more “stuff” to other “stuff”. Show me an iPad made totally from recyled Macbooks or other discarded e-waste and I’ll show you some mild % of interest.

Hey technophobes!! Get over this perceived obselecense that Apple has you hypnotized with.

Posted by Jonesy | Report as abusive

Thanks unca and ifly, cool way to show i in many ways :)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Aye aye aye… Jonesy… are you iPreachy? Then iWill have to zap you…

Dr. D. there will probably be an app for that also at some point.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

You know, my wife often has her tongue poking out when using the computer as well.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

How does the screen not get scratched to bits ?!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

@Nosmo…umm…why?

@CrowGirl… iAm sure Apple has that issues covered by charging a user $50 for a thin piece of plastic they call a “screen protector” that employs a sticky undercoating that adheres so vigorously to the screen that any attempt to remove it results in a very costly screen replacement.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive