Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

High-caliber artistes needed…

April 6, 2010

Blog Guy, I need some career advice, and you’re the expert.  I’m artistic, and people say I have a good eye for design. I would enjoy working in developing countries.

ammo combo 490

Have you thought about the exciting field of confiscation design?

No. I don’t know what that is.

See, in places where officials confiscate a lot of guns and ammo from drug cartels, militants, etc., somebody has to arrange the stuff artistically for photographers.

Compare these two photos above. You wouldn’t look twice at that crapfest on the left. But now look at the work of art next to it, where the ammo is appealingly arranged. This is how you get good media coverage.

INDIA/Where do I get the materials to practice with?

From a magazine. I can send you a clip.

Magazine? Clip? Oh, I get it. Do you think I should join a design firm that does ammo arranging?

No, in the bullet business you don’t want competition. You want to be…

Oh, please don’t say it, Blog Guy…

…the lone arranger….

Top left: Seized ammunition is seen during a presentation of suspected members of the Pacifico drug cartel in Mexico city’s airport March 12, 2009. REUTERS/Jorge Dan Lopez

Top right: Seized ammunition from militants during a news conference at Reasi district, about 50 miles northwest of Jammu, India, April 2, 2010.  REUTERS/Mukesh Gupta

Lower right: An Indian army soldier takes pictures of seized ammunition from militants during a news conference on the outskirts of Jammu, March 29, 2010. REUTERS/Mukesh Gupta

Comments

Awesome, so now the Indian Army has all those bullets it can throw at the emeny and the enemy has a whole lots of guns they can still use as clubs!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I’d be building them into collapsey domino runs myself…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I agree CG, much more artistic with dominoes…

I’d help with the domino run CrowGirl, and add a few gag a-la Mythbusters style!

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I like the “Mythbusters” effect while arranging the ammo dominoe style. Sounds dangerous. Let’s have Unca do it.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Why Unca? :D

I’d like to do it myself, no harm in playing with our lives is it? Unless we are greedy bankers ;-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I’m pretty sure we can all come up with some gags to include in our Mythbuster-stlye bullet domino run. There’s no reason we can’t all do it together!

Except Shra. She’s too sweet and innocent. ;)

And now I think I’ll waste…I mean, while away the afternoon pondering what gag to bring to the table. So many choices!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

The Mythbusters effect I believe ends up with something getting destroyed or blown up. Usually destroyed by being blown up. On purpose. Adam Savage usually giggles like a school girl when that happens and in turn, so do I. I do get so much joy from watching stuff get blown up. :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

As Yogi Bera said, “Include me out.” I don’t want to play with bullets. I have a convertible, and I think a bullet hole would whistle in the wind. And that would, like, totally ruin the convertible “effect,” ya know. o;O

(I don’t think Unca has a convertible.)

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I am too sweet and innocent?? Well, in that case, dont mind me, I’ll just watch… ;)

o;O <—– that's just brilliant Dr. D.!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Dr D – Nah, you just need to turn the stereo up to compensate.

E – how many gags do you own ? :-0

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

CrowGirl – more than I should probably admit to…

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I thought of that, CG, but I’m afraid I’d have packs of dogs chasing me about, like that time I tried the cologne Baz recommended….

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

How about you arrange them on a grill… so that when they fall, you have a barbeque… just waiting for it to be barbeque weather… its still so darn cold!!

Then you should come over here Shra. It’s getting very hot. You wouldn’t need to bundle up. The less clothes the better actually. Especially at night.

Cause it’s hot people! It’s not very comfortable to sleep in the heat all bundled up now is it? Geez, buncha pervs!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Mr.Pilot, that almost made me laugh out loud… infact, i just barely controlled it… just to be grinning broadly while typing…. now my colleague is giving me the Stare… like I care!!
Hey, that rhymes!!

That was an amusing little sonnet! And I just wanted to be clear because ya can never tell with the minds of those who roam this blog. Downright gutter they can be! :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive