Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

A short-sighted strategy in the bull ring?

April 7, 2010

SPAIN-BULLFIGHTING/

Blog Guy, I’ve never seen a bullfighter wearing glasses. Does that mean torturing animals to death in public is good for one’s eyesight?

Wow, that’s some really twisted logic there, stranger. No, bullfighters just tend to be extremely vain. I mean, who else would dress the way they do?

bullfight malaga crop 240Indeed, some bullfighters do have very poor eyesight. Take this guy, known locally as El SeƱor Magoo.

Really? How bad IS Matador Magoo’s eyesight?

Here’s a hint. Right now, he believes he’s speaking into a journalist’s microphone.

Yikes! And what is he saying at this moment?

“I regret both of my contact lenses have popped out. Please permit me to bend over and find them, before zee stupid bool comes into zee ring!”

Spanish bullfighter David Fandila “El Fandi” faces a bull at the Malagueta bullring in Malaga, Spain, April 3, 2010. REUTERS/Jon Nazca

Comments

He needs a fashion designer…. somthing that would stick his hands to his sides…. when he enters the ring…

With the look on his face I believe this pic was taken at he exact moment his bowels released.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Naah ifly… he’s just realised what he’s been doing all his life so he is about to get a brain transplant ;-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Dude could use an eyebrow waxing. Sheesh!

And I loooved Mr. Magoo! Too funny!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I, personally, cheer for the bulls. We had a number of bulls on the farm when I was a kid. One always chased me. My Dad told me that the bull knew I was afraid of it. Then, one morning, it chased my Dad — here, there, and everywhere. When I came home from football practice that night, the bull was gone….

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Oh is that what it is fwd? I always get the “I am about to get a brain transplant” look confused with the “I just sh*t my pants” look.

I guess that’s why my nephews look at me funny whenever I start explaining to them that the brain they have is perfectly normal and there is no need to go into such an extensive surgery at their age.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Are we sure he’s not just a really adventurous nose-picker?

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

From what I’ve read of the macho crap that appears to be bullfighting theory, you’re supposed to offer the bits you treasure most in the direction of the bull; usually heart and balls. This guy seems to be offering an eyebrow. I mean, it’s quite an eyebrow, but, y’know…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

He realises his time is up and is offering himself to the bull… yeah, if only all other bullfighters did the same…. I still like the idea of him wearing something really fashonably fabulous which would make his arms stick to his sides, rendering them useless…. when he enters the bull ring…. I think that should bea uniform for all bull “fighters”…. watcha think?

I don’t cheer for bears, however. When the bulls win, my 401k goes up in value, due to some strange relationship I don’t understand. When the bears win, it goes down in value. The problem with today’s economy is bears!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Never had to do that, Unca. Did that with turkeys, though, which is not a lot of fun. They beat the crap out of you with their wings.

As for the bull Dad sent packing (or to the packers), it wasn’t a really big bull. So, I’m sure it travelled far. As we all know, a litle bull can go a long ways.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Anyone seen chickens fighting? There used to be these small betting fights in the village I stayed in, in India… Mom used to make sure we were not exposed to all that stuff… Had I been exposed to the gambling world then…. maybe casinos here would have been more exciting…
Strangely, I love eating chicken, but would never go to the butchers to get it… cant see it being killed you know…

Cock fighting Shra, cock fighting. Yes, that is funny on many many different levels. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ha ha ha ha!!! I get your drift…. ;)