Nine gifts that keep on giving

April 7, 2010

Let’s face it. I am never going to run out of goofy photos. Our photo service issues more than 1,500 pictures a day, so new stuff keeps on coming. And yet, looking back over the three years I’ve been doing this blog, there are certain old friends that keep returning for encores.

mult combo 490

Bonnie, my blog’s archivist, did some research and she tells me there are eight photos that I’ve used here four times each. Each one is unique in its own goofiness.

Up there at the top left, how often do you see a top fashion designer picking his nose in a tuxedo? Maybe just five, six times a year?

AUSTRALIAAnother nose-related photo, a major religious figure joking around with a nasal spray? Priceless.

And when a presidential candidate suddenly turned into Igor from “Young Frankenstein,” the infinite number of possibilities actually hurt my head.

I can’t recall what I liked about that model on the runway. I’m sure it will come to me. But I do know it was love at first sight with Zoe, the Web-surfing cat, who appeared again just last weekend in my  iPad review.

SINGAPORE/Then there’s Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson, whom I’ve already used four times even though it was shot a mere three months ago. I can tell you, Toilethead will be a permanent fixture here until I hear from his lawyer.

Dozens of bikini-clad chicks waving on a beach? What’s not to like? And my man with his arm all the way up an elephant’s rectum won this blog’s coveted “Worst Job on Earth” title and all the fame that goes with it.

But Bonnie’s meticulous archive records show that there is one shot – and only one – that I have used FIVE times in this blog. Here it is, snake handler Jack Bibby, dangling rattlesnakes from his mouth. I guess I just have a real soft spot for show business.

USA/

REUTERS photos courtesy of Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop

Italian fashion designer Valentino at the Cannes Film Festival in a 2007 file photo. REUTERS/Yves Herman

The Dalai Lama jokes with a nasal spray after being asked about the swine flu in Lausanne, August 4, 2009. REUTERS/Valentin Flauraud

Republican presidential nominee Senator John McCain reacts to almost heading the wrong way off the stage at the conclusion of the final presidential debate at Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York, October 15, 2008. REUTERS/Jim Bourg

A model displays a creation designed by Kimya Glasgow on the first day of Miami Fashion Week in Florida March 19, 2009. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

Zoe, a domestic shorthair cat, touches the mouse of a computer in a 2007 file photo. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton

A swimmer dressed as a toilet waits to enter the waters of English Bay during the 90th annual Polar Bear Swim in Vancouver, British Columbia, January 1, 2010.  REUTERS/Andy Clark

Dr Thomas Hildebrandt of Berlin’s Institute for Biology and Wildlife Research cleans the rectum of Jamilah, a 29-year-old female elephant, before conducting a four-dimensional ultrasound examination on her at the Night Safari in Singapore, April 11, 2007.  REUTERS/Tim Chong

Women dressed in bikinis pose on Sydney’s Bondi Beach in a 2007 file photo. REUTERS/Tim Wimborne

Heart of Texas Snake Handlers Terry Tippit (L) and Britt Stevens (R) watch as fellow Heart of Texas Snake Handler Jack Bibby (C) dangles rattlesnakes from his mouth during a performance at the Taylor Rattlesnake Sacking Championships in Taylor, Texas March 31, 2007.  REUTERS/Jessica Rinaldi

I taught Mr. Valentino my “always pick your nose in a photo op” strategy and see how well it’s working out for him?

Let’s see how many times you can use a pic of Miranda Kerr in a bikini! Or any form of lingerie would be acceptable also. I’m not picky.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Thanks, Bob – you sure do know how to lighten up a lunch break!

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

What could I possibly say?

I know! Nuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrssssssssseee!!!!!

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Okay, this photo is wierd, of a wierd person. But, I’m am more than a little wierded out by a friend request I received on Facebook. Some guy named “Rickard” sent me a friend request saying “You look good. I arrived in Augsburg a week before you left. Smadge in G-3 assigned me to follow you around to learn from you.”

Here is what I would like to e-mail back:

“I think you have confused me with someone else. I was an MP then in in MI at Flak Kaserne in Augsburg in 1979 and 1980. Have you been following me around since then?”

I mean. Great Horney Toads!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Social comments and analytics for this post…

This post was mentioned on Twitter by RtrsOddlyEnough: Nine gifts that keep on giving http://link.reuters.com/kav76j…

Sorry, I meant “weird.”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

[...] Nine gifts that keep on giving | Analysis & Opinion | Reuters The Fine Line Between “IT'S Not Good Enough” and “I'M Not Good Enough”Digital Home Thoughts: When Drawing a Floorplan is not EnoughNot Always Right | Funny & Stupid Customer Quotes » Not Enough …PQ365 » Deep enough to wage the defendant on the FIFA marico: only …Virginia Governor: Slavery Not “Significant” Enough to Include in …The solubility of ESP dust | Pulp and Paper CircleHarry Potter's Daily Prophet is not good enough: present you Text …'Glee' promos: 'Hello, Goodbye,' enough already? | EW.comHow much thyroid hormone is enough? | Psychology TodayThat VideoGame Blog » Last year's Nintendo games weren't fun … View the Contact Powered by Search [...]

love the beach babes…thanks :)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

That’s how John McCain reacts to walking in the wrong direction ? Good lord. He should perhaps get out less ?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Anytime I think my job sucks, I am gonna think of Dr Thomas Hildebrandt…. I dont want to be anywhere near the backside of any animal…. especially not anywhere, way up their backside…..

Those with degrees in creative writing and art appreciation don’t even qualify for Hildebrandt’s job!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Ya know, I’m thinking the answer to that last question should just be a simple yes or no.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Imagine if the elephant sneezed….

:s

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Harvesting sperm from a bull then emplacing the same into a cow. When did nature decide a middleman was needed for that process?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Is the cow a prize cow also? Seems kinda a shame to go shipping around grade A bull spermys only to use a slag of a cow. I mean the resulting calf that goes “Oooom” instead of “Mooo” is probably of no use to anybody.

I guess that is one of the downfalls of nature, that cows can only do it doggy-style. Or cowwy-style. Or “honey I am really in the mood but please don’t snap my spine like a twig with your massive adonis-ness” style.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I HATE that toilet head picture. It makes me want to vomit every time I see it. Please don’t use it again Blog Guy.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

And just how would you know about those cows in India, Unca??? I stayed there for 18 years… never herad a cow go Ommm….. though that would have been heralded as a miracle on the news channels… and would be shown 24/7… and on ALL news channels…

Please, LMR! Do you think Eugene “Toilethead” Johnson has no feelings?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Perhaps a cow going “Ommmm” would be a revelation as it would indicate the cow was in a deep meditative state. However a cow going “Ooooom” would just be cause for concern.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh I love the Zoe the kitty! I’m lucky if mine will stay still long enough for me to take a photo let alone pose.

Sam