Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Where in the world is Susan Sarandon?

April 8, 2010

Blog Guy, I have a bone to pick. You used to do a MUCH better job of covering actress Susan Sarandon’s vacations. That’s the only reason most people come to this stupid blog!

Yes, I’m so sorry, you’re right. I’ve let you down, but let me make it up to you.

susan combo 490

I’m waiting.

Recently Susan traveled to Peru, where they’ve reopened the Machu Picchu ruins.

How the hell can you “reopen” ruins. They’re still ruined, right?

I suppose you’ve got me there.

susan 280So I want details. Did she ride on a train? Did she ride a  horse? Did she wear traditional Indian clothing? Did she pose in front of Machu Picchu?

Of course! Who’s gonna go to Machu Picchu and not pose in front of it? Look, here are pictures. If you want more, we issued 26 photos of her trip.

Twenty-six photos? Of her trip to Peru? I don’t believe you, Blog Guy.

Back off, Slick! Don’t make me show you Susan with a llama! You think I’m joking, you just try me!

Actress Susan Sarandon wears traditional Uros Indian clothing during a visit to Uros island in Puno in this March, 2010 handout. Sarandon was in Peru to attend the reopening of the Inca citadel, after heavy rains cut off tourist access to the ruins for two months. REUTERS/Prom Peru/Handout

Sarandon travels on a train to Machu Picchu, April 1, 2010, to attend the reopening of the Machu Picchu ruins. REUTERS/Mariana Bazo

Sarandon rides a Peruvian Paso horse in Cuzco in this March, 2010 handout. REUTERS/Prom Peru/Handout

Sarandon poses in front of the Machu Picchu ruins, April 1, 2010. REUTERS/Mariana Bazo

Comments

I reserve comment lest someone accuses me of being “highschoolish” cause Susan Sarandon is some big activist or something.

Ah hell, I am sure she just went to Peru for a cup of coffee or something (hey, why not?) and some tourist there got waaaaayyyy to excited about it.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Okay, let me get this straight, Pilot. You come to this juvenile blog every day, for months, and suddenly you’re afraid somebody is going to accuse you of being “highschoolish”?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Sarcasm Mr. B., poorly executed sarcasm it would seem, but sarcasm nonetheless.

The past couple of days have been very sh*tty so I am a bit off my game. :(

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

ifly, sorry you’re having a bad week, wish I could send ya some chocolate chip cookies to cheer you up…but I can’t find chocolate chips to save my life!!

Speaking of Sarandon, was she with Tim? I wouldn’t mind a few pictures of him. He has such twinkly eyes.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

No, I believe they broke up…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

What??? When did that happen?? Gawd I need to pay more attention to the celeb mags.

Er…wait. On second thought I’d rather not.

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSRTR28 BBI
Here, I’ll save you the trouble…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I appreciate your concern E but it’s going to take a lot more than chocolate chip cookies to get things in order for me.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I wish I looked that wistfully charming on horseback.

She’s no Meryl, but she’ll do.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

You know… I never knew that… Tim and Susan… were like… companions… umm.. goes to show how knowledgeble I am about this… well… say what you may but I really like Susan Sarandon…
Oh and Mr.Pilot, you are not juvenile… just that I think the juveniles are gonna keep off this blog…. Got my zapper right here…

Thanks Baz. Now if you have Tim’s phone number that would be swell.

ifly. Chocolate chip cookies…annnnnnd how about…apple pie? I don’t have a magic wand but if I did I’d wave it your way.

Unca, you’re name is Tim and you have twinkling eyes…do go on!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, could have a slice of lemon pie please? Just a slice, thank you very much….

According to that last photo, either the previous inhabitants of Machu Picchu were tiny, or Susan Sarandon is some kind of mega-giant – wearing a gold medal.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

E, again thanks for the concern but food in general is not going to help in this situation.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive