Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

How to shoot motor racing in one lesson

April 10, 2010

jessica combo 490

Blog Guy, it’s me. That aspiring photojournalist you’ve…

jessica vertical 160Been mentoring, Right, I know. At some point I should ask your name, but let’s not rush it. So what is it now? More pope shots?

No, it’s sports photography. I’m going out to cover a Formula One race, and I know that’s got to be tricky, so any tips you can give me…

Sure. Which driver has the best-looking girlfriend?

Excuse me?

Crap, you’ve learned nothing, have you? You go there, you find out which driver has a gorgeous girlfriend, and you shoot her. THAT’S what people want. Look here, these are some classic Formula One shots.

Well, if you say so, but shouldn’t we at least show one actual driver? I mean, what about the one who is dating this chick? How about him?

Sigh. Okay, here. Are you glad you asked?

MOTOR-RACING-PRIX/Oddly Enough blog network

Jessica Michibata, the girlfriend of McLaren Formula One driver Jenson Button of Britain, arrives at the Malaysian F1 Grand Prix at the Sepang circuit outside Kuala Lumpur April 4, 2010. REUTERS/Zainal Abd Halim

Jessica Michibata, the girlfriend of McLaren Formula One driver Jenson Button, fans herself to keep cool after the first practice session at the Sepang F1 circuit outside Kuala Lumpur April 2, 2010. REUTERS/Bazuki Muhammad

Japanese model Jessica Michibata, girlfriend of McLaren Formula One driver Jenson Button of Britain, smiles inside Button’s pit at Albert Park race track during the Australian F1 Grand Prix in Melbourne, March 27, 2010. REUTERS/Scott Wensley

Jessica Michibata, the girlfriend of McLaren Formula One driver Jenson Button of Britain, shields her face as she walks in the paddock after the qualifying session of the Malaysian F1 Grand Prix at the Sepang circuit outside Kuala Lumpur April 3, 2010. REUTERS/Vivek Prakash

McLaren Formula One driver Jenson Button of Britain smiles during the third practice session at the Sepang F1 circuit outside Kuala Lumpur April 3, 2010. REUTERS/Vivek Prakash

Comments

Not that’s what I call an “Odd couple” :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I know why that dude’s smiling….aye caramba…..

Posted by onequartlow | Report as abusive

So, Button, Button, who’s got the Button is the only driver with a gorgeous girlfriend?

Is he in the Goofy Face Museum?

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

If he isn’t Billl he is now.

And yeah, she is ok. There are so many other gorgeous sports girlfriends out there though.

And his last name is Button? I kinda feel a bit sorry for him.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

That’s a harsh picture of Mr Button, he’s actually pretty cute. A short@rse I assume, since he fits in an F1 car, but cute nonetheless.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Pretty stick-inse,, sorry, girl.
Perhaps she’s shielding her eyes to better see discarded french fries. Or Button mushrooms.

Posted by floppagrunny | Report as abusive

Button’s photo reminds me of one of me — an ID pic taken immediately after 14 hours of flight time to Hawaii (the Big Island). I hadn’t slept in over 24 hours. I look like I’ve been regularly struck by lightning.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I think he has Chandler syndrome.. the FRIENDS guy who just couldnt smile for the cameras…. and the girl looks kindda cute… those she is skinny… models!