Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Mr. Prime Minister, meet Nobody…

April 14, 2010

NUCLEAR-SUMMIT/

Blog Guy, I worry that President Obama is under too much pressure, what with the economy, health care reform and all that stuff. Any sign that he may not be able to handle the stress?

obama intro combo this 260Well, you’re not the only one who is concerned about that.

At this week’s Nuclear Security Summit here in Washington, the president seemed to be imagining guests who weren’t there.

He was seen introducing real world leaders to characters such as Mister Clean, Atticus Finch, Michaele Salahi, Chingachgook and “Newman, that mailman from Seinfeld.”

The Chingachgook from “The Last of the Mohicans”, Blog Guy?

That’s probably the one, yes.

Wow, that’s a little embarrassing. It must have been a disaster for all involved.

Not really. Japan’s prime minister invited Newman over for a state visit.

U.S. President Barack Obama greets Japan’s Prime Minister Yukio Hatoyama (R) at the Nuclear Security Summit in Washington April 12, 2010. REUTERS/Jason Reed

U.S. President Barack Obama (L) welcomes India’s Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to the summit. REUTERS/Jim Young

Wayne Knight, Newman on the TV show “Seinfeld,” in a 1998 file photo. REUTERS/Ray Stubblebine

Michaele Salahi pauses while testifying before the House Homeland Security Committee on Capitol Hill in Washington, January 20, 2010.  REUTERS/Larry Downing

Comments

Silly Blog Guy – it’s obviously The Invisible Man! He’s even a movie star!

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

POTUS: “Good morning Mr. Prime Minister. Let me introduce you to Hope and Change.”

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

You guys have got it all wrong: they starting to hold hands to sing Auld Lang Syne as a farewell gesture…

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

“…. Let me introduce you to my little friend….” That line never fails to get me a lot of attention at cocktail parties.

Of course, I mean my little invisible friend, Nemo, who also happens to be friends with President Obama.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Dear Mr. Blog Guy:

I am looking for my friend Dr. Doll. Have you seen him? Could I leave a message for him here?

Nemo Fossor

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Mr. Prime Minister, I’d like you to meet my very closest advisor and confidant…my teleprompter…TOTUS.

Posted by justK | Report as abusive

LOL K!!!

It’s the new State-Department approved ‘Hoki-Koki greeting for really important events’.
You put your left hand in,
you shake with the right,
don’t look them in the eye,
or you might begin a fight.
You do the Hoki-Koki,
and turn your policy around,
that’s what it’s all about.

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

zeitgeist, that was just brilliant! My vote for comment of the day right there.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Unca, I saw the video for the airsoft M134… I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one I want one!!!!! :o)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

No NO No yo got it all wrong didnt you notice the back drop was a specially blue painted setting so just like the the weather guy on the news the President was doing his own version of we are the world video soon to be on u tube to help draw more support for his dismal poll rating…..

Posted by ochoo | Report as abusive

I second that, Mr.Pilot! @Z, that really made me laugh… and I kept thinking about the baby in Ally McBeal…

@Ifly: Good one about hope :)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

zeitgeist, nice one!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Now you’ve got me singing the Hokey Pokey in my head all the time!!!

And since my daughter learned it in French, I am switching between the French and English versions in my mind!!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

“pretty danged cool” is an understatement Unca. I am thinking about starting a neighborhood watch just to I can claim I need it as a deterrent to crime!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Gotta say Unca, that’s a pretty cool find. Don’t think I’d drop 5 large on it, but it’s nice to know you could get one if you wanted it.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Just like all of the banks and the auto maufacturers, POTUS has his hand out. I guess he wants some of that ‘change’ he promised.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Dave, can you really put a price on such a fine piece of machinery capable of causing the most sensless damage and destruction….I mean…. thwarting neighborhood crime?

Now think of this.. combine it with the jetpack!! Take that bad boy to the air!!

Oh. My. Gahd! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

You had me at “tracers included” Unca! :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive