Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

You want goofy, or you want doughnuts?

April 24, 2010

goofy face combo 490

Blog Guy, you haven’t written much about your beloved Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop lately. You got anything new to unveil for the summer tourist season?

Hey, thanks for asking. We’re in an odd situation this summer. We can only open one new exhibit, and both first lady Michelle Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton want to be the subject.

DOUGHNUTSThat’s awesome, Blog Guy. So what are you going to do?

We invited them both to our Goofy Face Studios this week and asked them to give us a sample of their best stuff. Now, we’re letting our readers decide for us.

Readers, if you visit the popular Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop this summer, would you rather have us:

a) Show a Hillary Clinton goofy face exhibit

b) Show a Michelle Obama goofy face exhibit

c) Forget about both of those ladies and just expand the doughnut-making section instead, so we can finally enjoy warm glazed crullers

Top left: U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton gestures during the informal meeting of NATO Foreign Ministers, in Tallinn, Estonia, April 22, 2010. REUTERS/Ints Kalnins

Top right: U.S. first lady Michelle Obama pauses after being asked what her favorite vegetable is, at an event to welcome children of White House employees to the annual Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day at the in the East Room of the White House, April 22, 2010. REUTERS/Jonathan Ernst

Right: Krispy Kreme doughnuts go into production at the opening of the store at Harrods in London, in a 2003 file photo. REUTERS/David Bebber

Comments

And Michelle said, “Well, you know, I really like fruit too, I didn’t start eating veggies until I moved to Chicago in my teens.”

Posted by T54 | Report as abusive

Mmmmmmm, Krispy Kremes…. Yes, I know they are bad for you. I get KK doughnuts and then go to the DD for the coffee. Always wanted to stop by the DD University in MA when I lived up there, but never did.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

You even have to ask? DONUTS! With or without the “special sprinkles”.

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

Is it just me or is Michelle really HOT??? :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Thanks, Spinster, I appreciate your efforts, although since this is an opinion survey, you can’t really give a wrong answer.

FWD079, yes, she is, but not necessarily in this photo.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Favourite vegetable is a tricky choice…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Very tricky indeed, unless you count salt as a vegetable.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I think “relative” matters….Not that I like any of mine…but bear with me. Michelle looks like a freakin’ playboy bunny next to that other pic….I’m diving through my old Sasquatch photos cuz I swear I’ve seen this Big …ahhh…eye before….

Posted by onequartlow | Report as abusive

Unfortunatly fwd079 buddy, I can not agree with you on that one. Not this time.

Now a correction to the caption associated with the doughnuts is in order. It should actually state “right: production of OE medidonuts go into production in order to keep the followers of the OE blog complacent”.

And speaking of complacency, when’s the next party?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Do chips count as a vegetable?

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

I guess they would, but by that logic then, wouldn’t vodka also count as one?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Good point Mr B, although you can make alcohol from most vegetables.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

That’s true, Knit, and you can make vegetables from too much alcohol….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

That’s an improvement for many people I’ve met.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Are you sure, Baz, that CG did not obtain knit_nurse’s password, make knit_nurse “go away,” and is now impersonating knit_nurse to cover CG’s tracks and establish an alibi?

Or, have CG and k_n been the same person all along? I mean, look at the placement of the “r” in both names. If you change the “c” to a “k,” the “r” to an “n,” the “o” to an “i,” the “w” to a “t,” the “g” to an “n,” the “i” to a “u,” the “l” to an “e” and then add an underscore and a final e, “Crow Girl” becomes “knit_nurse.” Presto-chango! Eins, zwei, drei, voila!

Coincidence? I think not.

Well, Baz, got to run. I have to report for jury duty.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Yikes, I think there is a conspiracy going on here. “Doc” and “Bob” each have three letters. And that’s only one more than “Ifly” and “Shra” and “Unca.” Could it be that only one person is writing all of these entries?

Bob……………. Is it you, Bob? Bob?

Consider this:

Elvis Presley (the “King of Rock and Roll”)
Jesus H. Christ (the “King of the Jews”)
Robert Basler (the “King of Odd”)

Each has has 12 letters! And this:

R.C. Basler
D.B. Cooper

Who are you, Bob?

Conspiracy a go go!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

No Doc, GC and k_n are not the same person. I have seen them both together. Granted, it was on a wanted poster, but still….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Conspiracy eh? I dunno, that would be hard to prove amongst all these white hats in the room.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Tyrells the potato people make both crisps and vodka…

I’m outraged that Dr Doll thinks me and KN are the same person. Although we probably average out at a sensible height. I’m fairly outraged that Mr B thinks I’m daft enough to get caught and put on a wanted poster.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I am almost certain that I am not a) ‘gone away’ or b) Crowgirl’s alter ego. Although I admit that sometimes these things are difficult to be entirely certain about.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Crowgirl, you and knit_nurse are both so witty, charming, urbane and sophisticated (and I’m sure devilishly beautiful) that you can see why I would think you both were the same person. How many people can there be in the world like that?

I don’t know, knit_nurse. Someone once greeted me by saying “Hey, Doc, what do you know for certain?” The more I thought about it, the less I was certain about!

And, as for “Bob,” I think we have conclusively established that “Baz,” “Bob,” “Robbie Bob,” “Blog Guy,” and “R.C. Basler” are all, in fact, the same person. Who else is he? Hmmmmmm?

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Conspiracy?!?! You want conspiracy? The United States was founded by conspirators! Didn’t you see National Treasure? The Da Vinci Code?! Life is a conspiracy. Spelled backwards, it’s efil, which looks a lot like Eiffel. I’m off to France … the next clue to the meaning of life has got to be in the Eiffel tower. Wait … first another doughnut. Who’s with me!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Nope, justCAM, didn’t see them. Movies are products of conspiracies. Conspirators are everywhere. They’re so invisible that you can’t see them. That’s when you can be certain they are present, weaving their webs, making their propaganda. When you can’t see them. When you can see them…. well, you get the idea.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

If there’s one thing neither of us are it’s urbane. :)

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Yikkkeesss… more conspiracy theories… dont mind me… I am taking a donut and giving it my own “sprinkles”… and then I am about to go and face my rudimentary work life where my boss is as “thick as pigs*it”… quotation as was told to me….

@RB: I see your point. :-)

@Ifly: No problems, it was an impulse post from me. :-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Speaking of conspiracies, where’s unca?

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Someone check the spam basket!!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

You keep unca in the spam basket?
Is that ethical?

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

I dunno KN, but I am sure he is gonna be pretty ticked off when he gets out!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Baz is a gonner… Unca is pretty good with his guns…

Somone please pass the Sprinkles… those medidoughnuts look too simple

Posted by justM | Report as abusive