Honey, did you see another ghost?

May 3, 2010

Blog Guy, thank  you so much for your comprehensive coverage of that election campaign over there in Britain. Some of us really do care about foreign news.

cameron wife crop 300Now, you wrote about that Conservative leader, David Cameron. Does he have a wife?

He did, but I believe she was tragically electrocuted over the weekend, as you can see here.

Hang on, Blog Guy. Are you sure of that? She looks pretty happy for somebody being electrocuted. I’m just saying…

Yeah, you’re right. Actually, I believe this photo shows his wife doing her popular Statue of Liberty impression. It’s a crowd-pleaser on the campaign stump.

cameron wife hair crop 280Blog Guy, you’re just concocting news again. She doesn’t even have a torch.

Right. What I meant to say was, Cameron and his wife travel with a hairdresser, and they have agreed to wear identical hair styles until the election, as a security measure.

Thanks, finally something factual. And exactly when is Election Day?

It’s coming up, I think. Maybe next week?

Britain’s opposition Conservative Party leader David Cameron and his wife Samantha walk during an election campaign stop in Newquay, south west England May 2, 2010. REUTERS/Carl de Souza/Pool

Haduuuuuken!!!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

It’s all a trick! The photo is from their recent vacation to Australia, where, of course, being permanently upside-down makes everyone’s hair look like that.

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

It’s not that I’m lacking reasons not to vote Conservative; but they do both look insufferably smug.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

No no, they’ve just reached the summit of Mnt. Everest.

Posted by creigh | Report as abusive

CG, you should see the campaign posters here… the closer election day approaches, the more ridiculous the posters become… !!

So devils DO have horns… hehe :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

And here I thought they were jumping on a trampoline or something!!

CrowGirl, smug is one thing, just be glad you don’t live in Ireland where the politicians are not only smug, they are incompetant and worse still, they are smug about being incompetant!!

:o

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Okay, I’ve got a theory to test. I’m gonna need all of you’ze to get a result. We need to start voting for the dude with the hottest wife. My theory is that Monarchs get hotter girls (‘cept Charles) than politicians. And I know from previous experience that hot girls have a nose for money. So if the public servant has bucks before he’s voted in, there’s less chance of corruption, you know, like monarchs. What do you say, are you with me!

Posted by creigh | Report as abusive

I think your theory is flawed on several levels creigh.
CG’s MP seems to have a nose for the pretty ladies though. :)

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

So, has CG’s MP been there to speak to you ladies?? Was he a good eyeful or an eyesore?

CG’s MP? Military Police?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Where is Unca??? I am really missing the old chap! :(

Ifly – MP=Member of Parliament. Google the splendidly bonkers Lembit Opik…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

I like the idea that CG requires her own personal police force. :)

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

knit_nurse, I think the police force needs their own personal CrowGirl!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Geesh, can a guy marry 3 times without getting a wikipedia page! I would say Sarkozy is the exception that proves the rule.

Posted by creigh | Report as abusive

CG, I googled. The image search alone was quite the eye-opener, then I found this:

In May 2009 The Telegraph reported a rejected expense claim Öpik attempted to make for £2,499 for a plasma screen television, after which he bought a TV costing £750.

Yeah. He’s a real stand-up guy, just the sort I’d want running Ireland’s governement.

No really, I mean it!! Better him than politicians who do shady deals with banks and then bail them out leaving the little guy to starve!!

Is there a soap box around here?

:?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Aw, thanks Ifly. :)

E, at least he was after a TV rather than a duck house. He’s random, but much more fun and harmless than a lot of them.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Did you tell him your problems with the signal people??
Seems every one is going digital next month… :P

[...] Creo que fue electrocutado trágicamente el fin de semana, como se puede ver aquí. . . URL del artículo original http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 10/05/03/honey-did-you-see-another-ghost  / [...]