Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Here’s what you get for $106 million…

May 5, 2010

picasso this 490

Blog Guy, I heard on the radio that a Picasso painting just sold for more than $106 million! They held up a photo of it on the radio news, but I was driving and couldn’t look.

Yeah, you’re talking about Picasso’s “Nude, Green Leaves and Bust.” It sold yesterday.

picasso crop 240Uh-oh. With a name like that, I’m guessing you’re going to have to add those little white rectangles that cover up stuff you can’t show in your blog?

That’s where you’re wrong. Oh sure, I’m going to have to use rectangles, but not the old-fashioned white ones. This year, I’ve budgeted for the more attractive pastel kind.

That’s a relief. I must say, you’ve used quite a few of them.

Well, it’s Picasso, so you can’t be quite sure what’s what. Better safe than sorry, that’s what I say.

Pablo Picasso’s 1932 ‘Nude, Green Leaves, and Bust’ is seen at Christie’s auction house in New York April 16, 2010. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton

Comments

Ya missed a spot.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

All those colors and swirly lines kinda detract from the geometric simplicity of the masks.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Ah, 2nude” pastel colour. Never actually similar to skin. Interesting to see that painting censorship stripes have something in common with bras.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Oh, I thought the pastel lines were part of the picture. Oopsie!

I will never understood the appeal of Picasso art. Guess I am just not very sophisticated.

Posted by vwgal | Report as abusive

I’m trying to decipher if the lines formerly known as white have an artistic pattern to them, or at the very least a hidden message.

I don’t think my boss has ever seen me stare so intently at my screen!!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Thats ok gal… He wasnt for not very sophisticated people anyways… not people like Doc, Picasso is like their nappy buddy….

@Ifly: You are perfect for flying! I understand now. :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

And why do you say that fwd? :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Actually, I kinda like the painting. After a doughnut or two that’s the way the world appears to me. Nude bars and all!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

I adore Picasso. Like Picasso, I believe that truth resides in simultaneous, multiple perspectives.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Doc, zap!

This fine piece of art also featured a handcrafted frame by Master Framer, Eli Wilner. Click here to see before and after photos of the Antique Frames

Posted by TheBigFatMouth | Report as abusive