Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

The latest ingenews from Cannes!

May 15, 2010

zombie women 490

Blog Guy, are you covering that big-deal Cannes Film Festival that’s going on now?

zombie cannes 2 240Sure, if  by “covering” you mean sitting 3,000 miles away from it and looking at our photos and making stuff up, then you bet I am!

I especially like reading about all the young ingenues, desperate for their big break.

Well, you can get all your “ ingenews” right here. I know they seem glamorous, but many of those young actresses make “ingenuisances” of themselves.

Still, I agree that’s the most interesting part of the Cannes story. I assigned one of my photographers to go out in search of “new blood,” so we’ll see what he comes up with.

That’s great. Speaking of talent, I’ve read that in some European countries the state actually pays to support promising young actors. Is there a name for that program?

Yes, there is. They’re called…

I’m not going to like this, am I, Blog Guy?

“…”state troupers.”

Film extras pose on the beach during a photocall for the film “Zombie Women Of Satan” as the 63rd Cannes Film Festival continues May 13, 2010. REUTERS/Christian Hartmann

Comments

I’m liking the look of “Zombie Women of Satan.” Always up for a bit of comedy zombie action.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Settle a bet, Mr. B. It’s about the blonde dancing around the maypole. My beau Lamar says she’s an ingemuse; I say she’s an ingeflooze.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Sorry Lala, your bet strikes me as disingenuous…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Mmm… Minty fresh stage blood…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

is that how a zombie marks it’s territory?

Posted by ochoo | Report as abusive

Baz, me ‘n Shra are looking at your blog right now, complete and thoroughly disappointed with you. Really, this occasion called for something more special!

Like…half naked men.

:P

Hello from Shra and Egeria! Oh, and Etcetera says ‘meow’!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Spinster, love Gentlemen start your ingenues…. Very nice.

But regarding no harm having been done by the so-called Dublin Summit, may I remind you that before those two got together, everything was just fine in Greece and Thailand?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Zombie Women of Satan? I bet it’s not as good as Lesbian Vampire Killers…

Also – can’t believe neither Shra nor E have commented on the pretty shoes the zombie is wearing. I’m not a big fan of peeptoes with stockings myself, but those are some slingbacks I’d wear!

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

LMR, that shoe is not worth commenting on!!!
Oh and the Dublin Summit was very successful… and yes, I did suffer just a tad bit coz of the volcanic ash… but alls well that ends well, especially if you have fudge brownies made by E to get you through the crisis!!!

The shoes really didn’t do it for me. Shra? What about you?

Did anyone notice the sun going a bit dark? Hmmmm…wonder what caused that?

:))

So who’s coming to Dublin next? I have more brownies and Etcetera loves making new friends!

Dublin Summit indeed!!

:D

E. (who met Shra and lived to tell the tale!!!)

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Anybody happen to notice their teeth? They seem to have pretty good teeth for zombies….

They also seem to have good… Skin! For zombies anyway! :)

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

I’ll go ahead and think of this as the male-oriented eye candy of the week, given the obvious want still needing to be met in this blog…

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Hey! I recognise that seriously p*ssed-off looking person on the far right of the first photo – it’s my ex-wife, just as I remember her!

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

Three days later they’ll all still be lightly stained pink, trying to scrub the fake blood off. Well, that’s what happens every time I get made up as a zombie.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive