Did anybody else feel a bump back there?

May 20, 2010

Well readers, it’s May 20th, time for me to announce the coveted Dumbass of the Month Award. The winner is…

maradona car 1 260Wait, Blog Guy, there are still 11 days to go in May. This hardly sounds fair.

The winner is Argentina soccer coach Diego Maradona, who ran over a cameraman while on his way to name the members of his squad for the World Cup finals.

Hmmmm. I’ll admit that’s pretty bad, but didn’t he stop to administer first aid and comfort the guy? Didn’t he kneel and pray?

maradona injury 2 260No, Maradona stuck his head out the window and called the injured guy “an asshole.”

No, he didn’t.

Yes, he did. Here’s the video.

Hey, didn’t this same soccer coach have some other kind of problem a few months ago?

Yes, Maradona checked into a weight-loss clinic in Italy, and finance police promptly seized his earrings to help pay off his back taxes.

GERMANY/No, that wasn’t what I was thinking of. Didn’t he recently have to have surgery after his….

Right. His own Shar-Pei dog bit him in the face.

Hey, congrats on another excellent choice, Blog Guy. I can’t wait for the Dumbass Awards Dinner!

Top right, Maradona, video grab

Middle left: Injury victim, video grab

Bottom right, Shar-Pei dog plays with a Golden Retriever during photo call for a dog show in Dortmund, Germany, April 23, 2009. REUTERS/Ina Fassbender

“Don’t be a dumbass, join the Oddly Enough blog network today!”

Beat you to it, ifly! ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Well played justCAM, well played indeed my friend!

When Maradona ran over the guys leg he actually responded “Asshooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooole!”

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

People like that make me believe in Karma.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

@ifly … Thank you, let’s have a doughnut!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Are you sure you don’t mean Dogma, AllThatJazz? ;)

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

@justCAM, gladly and cheers! :)

I just wanna make sure people got my last post. It’s supposed to be like when that announcer guy shouts “goooaaall” when someone scores. Ok? Got it?

Yes I know, I am such a yankee doodle dandy.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Love the dogs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jazz/LMR.. you better believe in Karma… what goes around, comes around..
CAM/Mr.Pilot, lets just all have a doughnut…. its FRIDAY!!!!!
Oh, and tiny announcement… I actually quit my job… so, all the more, HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Fame doesn’t suit some folks…

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I’ll just say this guy, for his limitations, misdemeanors and lack of class, knows precisely what it means to be haunted and harassed by the press constantly… a bit like Britney, but worse!

So, I agree with you on his being a jackass, a world class one at that, but I can also understand that having TV cameras shoved into your face 24/7/365 for 20 years is tough.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Watch out or his karma will run over his dogma…

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Shra!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Good one CAM!

Who’s handing out doughnuts? Can I have an extra-sprinkled one please?

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Yes, BG?

Well I mean, what are you going to do?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Shra – if you just won the lottery then you’re buying the doughnuts. Heck you’re buying a Krispy Kreme franchise and saving seats for all of us.

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

@Rob: You silly… she’ll read your blogs all day ! :D :D

@Shra: I hope the move is for good purposes. Wish you luck :-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

fwd, thanks and yes,I do read BG’s blogs all day long, anyway!!
I got another job really… not to mention my ok-up-until-now manager actually turned out to be a prick, by saying stuff like being hardheaded! Now, why would he say that, I wonder!!
Z, if i won the lottery… I would have to come to the US to buy that Krispy Kreme franchise.. you know FLY over the pond.. :P

If you won the lottery Shra you could buy your own plane!

Of course, you would need to hire a pilot. ::wink wink::

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Shra, kudos to you on such a wonderfully fulfilling step. Quitting a job for another one is always a wonderful experience. Hope next one still leaves you time to be around here (I mean, OE-land)!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

@Billl – I thought that was Johnny T…
@Shra – Good for you! If you old job has such things as exit interviews, I hope you use it for the betterment of all your old co-workers!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Shra, well done!! I hope the next job lets you access OE at work!!

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Thanks E… I sure hope so… they looked like a cool bunch… i mean, wearing jeans to work.. on a weekday!!
I liked them there and then! :P
Yeah, I really hope they have internet access… :D
Mr.Pilot.. not a bad idea actually… ;)

@Shra … BG could always use a good assistant. You know, screen out all the inappropriate comments to the blog, get doughnuts and stuff.

@ifly … Can I be first officer? Shra, buy a BT-69!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@Shra.. I know! And since it is your personal aircraft you have all the privacy you want. So ya know, if ya wanted me to switch on the autopilot.. or have justCAM take over flying.. I could slip into the back and..

Family blog alert! Family blog alert!

Umm..what I meant to say is slip in the back and serve you beverages and snacks. Yeah.. that’s it.

@justCAM.. yes indeed you can be FO. The BT-69 is a fine aircraft with all the modern ammenities such as wings, working engines, and actual brakes! One of your primary responsibilities as FO though is to monitor and replace the gum holding the critical joints of the wing spars together as necessary. I would suggest working on your jaw muscles now.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@ifly … LOL!

(chew, chew, chew) Working on that now boss. :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

LOL, Mr.Pilot…I have no words suitable to be mentioned on the family blog! :P:P

Thanks you guys, feels good to know you guys support the decision… and this being my first EVER switch.. does feel kinda exciting… :P
Jazz,yeah, I did give my manager a piece of my mind.. in his own words, he said that someone would leave a job ONLY for 2 reasons.
1. If they have a shit*y boss
2. If they are getting good money elsewhere…

Though it wasnt really the boss that made me switch… I could very well switch for just that reason now!!!

CAM, I think I make that decision of FO!!!

@justCAM…I see you have chosen peppermint. Very good, it seems you are well aware of the supierior bonding powers peppermint gum holds. I like that kind of initiative!

@Shra…well, technically it is your choice to make for FO. But really, look at the way CAM mashes the gum onto the wing spars! That’s a pro right there!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ok Cam… on Mr.Pilot’s recommendation, I hereby make you FO of my BT-69!
Just make sure the plane flies well and doesnt crash.. ok?

I thought the tendency to crash was considered to be one of the minor shortcomings of the BT-69…

Well, as long as CAM has good jaws, I believe that can be avoided… May I suggest you also buy a Chewing Gum factory? I mean, you can make money both ways then!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive