Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Put me in, Coach, I’m ready!

May 23, 2010

goofy clinton 490

Blog Guy, we’re all aware that there is tough competition among contenders for the summer exhibition at your Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop there in Washington. A few days ago you published the all-time goofiest Michelle Obama photo, which seems impossible to beat. Has Hillary Clinton just given up on winning the contest?

goofy clinton 2 260Far from it. Clinton has hired world-famous goofy face coach Hamid Karzai and is working long hours with him to perfect her best faces.

Not THE Hamid Karzai, President of Afghanistan?

Let me check. By golly, yes, it turns out he IS the Afghan president as well, although frankly I don’t know where he finds the time to do a second job.

Anyway, he recently spent hours coaching Clinton in a private garden in Washington’s trendy, elegant, leafy, historic Georgetown neighborhood.

If you don’t think Clinton can be scary, too, here she is apparently screaming at some kids to “get the hell off my lawn!”

michelle fists 220Wait a minute, Blog Guy, the caption says that photo shows her arriving at an airport in Shanghai.

Yeah, whatever. I bet they still got the hell off her lawn.

Top: Afghan President Hamid Karzai and U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton talk while walking in a private Georgetown garden in Washington, May 13, 2010. REUTERS/Cliff Owen/Pool

Middle: U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton arrives at Pudong International Airport in Shanghai May 21, 2010. REUTERS/Aly Song

Bottom: U.S. first lady Michelle Obama makes a point as she talks to children about health and fitness during a visit to an elementary school in Silver Spring, Maryland May 19, 2010.   REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

Comments

I take your point, Spinster, but it’s probably been a few months since you visited the museum. There have been so many goofy faces in the last year that we’re running out of room. Go ahead, try sending in the goofiest face you can make – we’ll try to find a place, but I can’t promise anything.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

She looks Japanese…..

Wow! Shout out to my pal Hamid!

Go to Afghanistan or join the Oddly Enough blog network….

Tough choice. Medidonut please?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Have some of my freshly baked bread… you may wanna relax your jaw muscles first…

“Get the hell off his lawn and join the Oddly Enough blog network!”

Shall a section be started in the Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop for the commenters of this blog? I could enter in any one of the pics from my FB page. Go ahead.. pick one!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Hmm..there is NO contest between first lady and wanna-be president …. fist lady wins, urm I mean’t first lady ;-)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Hillary is singing to Mr. Karzai.

“The hills are alive, with the sound of music …”

(M134 music, ifly!)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

I have to recharge my zapper… I’ll b back for you makavali… hold him/her down, will ya Dave?

Oops… wrong comment on the blog.. i meant to put it on the MJ blog.. sowwie… guess I need those meds now… Nurseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

@fwd… no doubt, but don’t tell me you still wouldn’t want to see that rumble go down. :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I think Hillary Clinton was trying to teach him the words to “When Irish Eyes are Smiling”.

Posted by JohnZNYC | Report as abusive

There could be a rumble in the next presidential elections? No?

word… LOL :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Ok, I know I’m not one to talk or judge, but why does Hilary wear such shapeless clothes? I mean really! She could dress sooo much classier!

I know I’m no skinny minx, but mu-mu’s and kaftans and other tunic-type outfits with no shape to be seen are just no-no!!

:sigh: Ok that was good to get off my chest! Thus spake Egeria.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

It was that the words of Egeria rang through the blogs of Oddly Enough and her fellow commenters did rejoice upon hearing them! They then did braketh the medidoughnut amongst them and did feast in her honor!

For she will guide them to salvation as foretold by Basler, a mighty blogger, from the land where bloggers dwell. It is a land of bathrobes and slippers.

“For ye who follows me,” spaketh Basler “shall surely join together in unity of a great party! Thou shall drinketh of the liquors and beers of plenty and none shall thirst! Thou shall eateth of the doughnuts and all doughnuts shall be medi! None shall glaze thy doughnut that is not medi nor shall one sprinkle..eth.. of it neither and none shall be hungry!”

Egeria did look upon her fellow commenters and she did feast with them.

And it was good.

The Oddly Enough gospel as told by Mr. Pilot. Act I.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

That’s not Karzai. Karzai always wears that Russian Cossack hat.

Posted by hamchief | Report as abusive

Are you as suited and booted as Hamid, Dave ? I’m impressed !

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

LOL!!!! Fab, Mr. Pilot…simply fab… Awaiting Act 2..
E, you spake, we heareth? :P

Amen, PilotGuy, Amen!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Egeria…aka Pythia. (And I’m betting everyone commenting knoweth who that is-eth…without having to googleth!

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Huffing methane? Not a chance unca! But ethylene, that’s another matter altogether. :D

As for your future…I see much mirth and hilarity. And…wait a minute something is appearing in my ethylene induced trance…something dark and terrible…

Oh wait. It’s just Baz’s next blog post.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E, are you quite sure you’re not mistaking your ethylene with your ethanol?

If you are, that would clarify a couple of things. And I must say it wouldn’t surprise me, you being in Ireland and all…

Posted by justM | Report as abusive