Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Quick, Indy! Jump into my pocket!

May 25, 2010

Blog Guy, please help settle a bet with my yoga instructor’s dental hygienist.

USA/How on earth did you even MEET the dental hygienist of your yoga… Oh never mind, I’m here to settle bets. What’s this one about?

Well, we both think actor Harrison Ford is the coolest dude ever. But I think he’s very tall, while she says he’s really quite short. Who’s right?

Sorry, you lose. He’s a shrimp.

Here’s a photo from a few days ago showing Ford with another actor who’s probably about six feet tall. So by comparison, that would seem to make Ford, oh, roughly 4’10″.

Gosh! But he looks so striking in the Indiana Jones movies!

Sure, but it’s all Hollywood magic. Indy’s whip was really only 18 inches long, to make Ford look like a regular-sized guy.

The “horse” he rode in “Raiders of the Lost Ark” was just a miniature Shetland pony. See how it works now?

harrison ford 2 260But he’s so virile and macho! He has that soothing, manly voice….

The voice is dubbed. The real Harrison Ford talks like Urkel.

Wait! That great Indiana Jones fedora hat…

Was bought at Sears, in the little boys’ department….

Get a grip. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Original cast members Peter Mayhew (L), who portrayed “Chewbacca,” and Harrison Ford, who portrayed Han Solo, attend a screening commemorating the 30th anniversary of “Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back” in Hollywood May 19, 2010. REUTERS/Fred Prouser

Comments

I dont even want to know how tall Chewbacca is… this is a sour post.. reminds me of my height… :(

“I would but the damn thing is coverd in gravy! Join the Oddly Enough blog network!”

Everyone damn well knows that after they read this blog you are all humming the “Star Wars” theme.

You know you are.

Don’t lie.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Aww I love Chewie!! Han Solo too, he was so much more manly than that priss Luke.

Anyway, I’m not fired, for those of you wondering. I was pretty nervous though, it could have gone either way. But, my policy of honesty worked in my favour. I’m still here. Whew!!

Now, I’m off to go get a back massage that I won in a raffle. I needed it after all the tension of the past few days!!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

@Ifly: No I’m not, I haven’t even watched it yet, is it any good?

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Harrison Ford is actually 6’1″…do your research.

Posted by call_swirve | Report as abusive

Dum, Dum … da, da, da, dum, dum … da, da, da dum, dum .. da, da, da dum …. curse you, ifly! ;-)

@E – Glad to hear you’re OK … jobwise, at least. Enjoy the massage. All the drama in this blog does make one tense!

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@E… so happy to hear of your good fortune today!! If I could remotelty bake anything edible I would have a whole platefull of choco-chip cookies for ya!

@call_swirve.. this blog offers news, but not the serious kind. Do YOUR research buddy or bugger off.

@fwd.. my friend you shall just have to watch them and judge for yourself. And may the force be with you! ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Now, now Ifly. Let’s not be rough on poor Swirve, whose sense of humor or intelligence quotient or perception (or all) must be on par with a severely cognitively disabled badger.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Baz, why didn’t you run a Harrison Ford thread on May 4, which is Star Wars Day as in “May the four be with you.” (I’m sorry.) Today is National Tap Dancing Day. So, maybe we should all join poor Swirve in what would be the most appropriate form of communication for Swirve — farting and tap dancing.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I’m glad that Mr Mayhew shaved for the occasion.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

I’m glad that Dr Doll appears to share my opinions on badgers.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Badgers! We don’t need to show you no steenking badgers!

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Spinster, I’m a Buckeye. Maybe I should have said “wolverine” (AKA “weasel on steroids”).

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Thanks everyone, you guys…:sniff: making me cry.

Back massage was utterly fantastic!! I need it so I can sleep tonight as tomorrow it’s the dentist!!

After that, I’m sincerely hoping there will be no more drama to report for a loooong while!!

Sleepy time bye bye all!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E!! Lovely news… Like I said, drinks on me the next time we meet (Oh yes, you heard that right Basler!)
think I need the Doc now…
Mr.Pilot, I havent seen Star Wars in ages.. and NO, I am not humming the theme… :P

@E, glad you made it through the day in one piece and without anything to be sorry about. good news!

@Pilot, you now have got me playing back Indiana Jones’ theme in my head!!

I know, it’s a funny type of association… that’s exactly what my psychiatrist used to say… back in the day when I had one… now I only have my medidoughnuts! NURSEEEE!!!

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

Well, I’ve the dentist later today but as I’m ready to rip the tooth out with my own bare hands I’m not actually as nervous as I thought I would be! Of course, the extra special super duper sized medidonuts I’ve had this morning might be contributing to that!

Shra, you’re on!! Get yer butt back over here soon :D

Same goes for the lot of ‘ya! Mi case es su casa! And my cat craves attention too so he’ll love you all!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Aye lassie, let ye ash cloud nonsense gett outta da way so that I can hop on Aer Lingus with my pretty butt on it…
And then really su casa es mi casa!!! :P :P

And of course, the dentists usually have a ready supply of assorted doughnuts (and strange, nitrogen-containing gases)! :) Good luck at l’Dentiste!

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

@DoctorDoll…my spirit animal is a honey badger.

@justM…I am sure it’s some form of blasphemy to say so but I have not seen the Indiana Jones..eses..series in it’s entirety. I mean I saw the part where the guys faces melt because they looked at the ark of the convenent when it was opened. Stop motion animation is always good for a chuckle. :p

@E…”And my cat craves attention too so he’ll love you all!” You do realize all the lovely ways that statement can be dragged through the gutter right? lol

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@Ifly: OK this weekend then.. :)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

PilotGuy, you REALLY have a lot of catching up to do when it comes to movies, my friend!!!!

To avoid Shra’s zapper I will not go into the details of how they made that face melt, which is pretty bloody incredible when you consider this was done in the very early 80s. But cool it is, on a grand scale. Grab Indy’s DVDs and you’re in for a way fun w/e.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

@justM… as fwd079 shall take to the endeavour of catching up on the Stars Wars sagas so shall I with Indiana Jones.

@fwd079….looks like we have our respective weekends planned huh? :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Badgers are evil tuberculosis-ridden vermin.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

CrowGirl, just to clarify, are you talking about the University of Wisconsin Badgers?

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

If you consider yourself to be evil tuberculosis-ridden vermin, then she is…

You really wanna know Spin?

Not unless they infect cattle Mr B….

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

So that would be a yes, then…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Basler… you wanna give us that answer?

It’s a..