So she’s Queen of the Entire World, then?

May 26, 2010

EUROVISION/

Blog Guy, I seem to recall a debate in this blog recently about whether or not there is a Queen of the Entire World. How was that resolved?

There certainly is one, and I ran photos of her as proof. Of course, now there’s a new, different Queen of the Entire World.

Really? You mean you don’t get to keep that title for life?

queen of world 2 300Certainly not. You think being Queen of the Entire World is like being on the U.S. Supreme Court or something?

Then how long does a Queen of the Entire World serve?

Until a better one comes along. In this case, this singer from Romania, who was crowned a few days ago.

How did the new Queen of the Entire World learn of her good fortune?

From my blog. I understand it’s the only thing she reads.

She finds time to work as a Romanian singer AND be the Queen of the Entire World?

Sure. Her royal duties are mostly just ceremonial, like doing upbeat public service television spots where she says, “Hey it’s me, the Queen of the Entire World. You have a good one!”

Ah. Well, coming from the Queen of the Entire World, I suppose her subjects probably appreciate those….

Top: Paula Seling of the group Paula Seling and Ovi from Romania performs their song “Playing With Fire” during a rehearsal for the Eurovision Song Contest in Oslo, May 22, 2010. REUTERS/Bob Strong

Right: Seling performs during a rehearsal in Oslo, May 19, 2010. REUTERS/Bob Strong

Huh. And here I thought I was the Queen of the World. Or was it Underworld? :P

Bye bye all! I’m off to the torture chamb…I mean the dentist!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I have often referred to myself as “King of the World”. I suppose I could do worse than have Ms. Paula Seling as my Queen!:) I suppose I should tell my wife though! ;)

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

Jibberish, if you do that, I think we can safely expect you NOT to be on the blog anymore… :)

“There is plenty more where this came from! Join the Oddly Enough blog network!”

@E… don’t leave without a lolly! :)

As for Ms. Queen of the Entire World… yeah… I am good for the day. :)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Has she been checked for hip dysplasia?

Is there a Doctor in the house?

Is it required that the King and Queen be married?

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Her clothes are super shiny!
After receiving expert advice from a fellow OE reader, I have decided that I will not inform my wife that I have a new queen! ;)

Posted by Jibberish | Report as abusive

If you change your mind, Jibberish, and decide to make full disclosure to your wife about your new queen, don’t forget to limp down to the nearest free Internet access and tell us all about it.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Bill, fortunately not, Queen and King do not need to be married, as Jibberish has clearly established.

Whether that is a sustainable arrangement is a different issue entirely; albeit one that doesn’t too much matter, given the impressive haste with which queens are named and changed.

Posted by justM | Report as abusive

I don’t know about the current Queen of the Entire World, but my ‘tween daughter is definitely in training for the title. She currently holds the local Drama Princess title and is the understudy for Queen of All She Surveys. Just a small step from the big time!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

[...] rest is here: So she's Queen of the Entire World, then? | Analysis & Opinion | // entire, not-there, queen, whether-or-not, [...]

EEEWWWHHH!!!
Note to self: Buy more brain bleach!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Jazz… you got quite a lot of those reminders… how do you keep track of them? Do you tie ribbons on your fingers?

Ooooh, shiney.

Posted by LMR | Report as abusive

[...] Blog Guy? You know how you crowned a new Queen of the Entire World about a month ago? Is she still the [...]