Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

The case of the missing roller skater…

May 28, 2010

roller skater 490

Blog Guy, do you handle missing persons cases?

I’ve never done one before, but how hard could it be? Who’s missing?

roller skate crop 240My husband, Lamar. He took off eight years ago to get a large pepperoni pizza, and he never came back.

Eight years? And you’re just now looking for him?

Yeah, he went to that place on 20th Street, and you can wait a long time there.

Okay, I’ve got all the police unsolved crime photos from your neighborhood, so let’s get started. Can you describe Lamar?

Sure. He was on his roller skates, and he had our little dog, Shelby, on a leash.

Hmmmm. I may have something. Anything else that could help narrow it down?

Yeah, he had a big beer gut, and was about 20 pounds overweight.

Oh. Sorry, I guess I was mistaken. Well, maybe he’ll come back on his own….

A creation of Italian sculptor Gino De Dominis is seen at the Maxxi, Italy’s first national museum of contemporary art designed by Zaha Hadid, in Rome May 27,2010. REUTERS/Stefano Rellandini

Comments

Deeeed Mr.Dominis schulpt theeees?

Zombie model out in the sun too long, maybe?

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Enough already with the skinny models!

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

One run too long for Starlight Express?

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

“‘What’s that Lassie?’ ‘Woof!!’ “You say Timmy is joining the Oddly Enough blog network?’ ‘Arf!’ ‘Well let’s go join him!’”

I would title this piece “The Perils of Excercise” then go sit my bummy bum bum on the couch and play Modern Warfare 2 all day.

And maybe watch some movies if I had some company. ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

And we thought some of those supermodels were skinny!

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

No wonder that supermodel had no energy to keep skating. As for the puppy–I suspect she ate it.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

Count me in, Mr.Pilot… fashion never was a favourite topic… add art exhibits to that now…

Ah come on, we’ve all got animal skeletons stashed around the place, right?

Good luck Spin!

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Good luck Spin! Hope you enjoy you new place! If I knew you on FB, I would have liked pics! :)

Hmmmm. The artwork reminds me of the expression “a mystery wrapped in a riddle inside an enigma”! But, you know, I feel sorry for the dog.

Spin, joy and happiness! Please accept from all of us a bottle of Champagne as a housewarming present. (Bob suggested vin Anglais.)

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Sadly, Lamar never learned that javelin catching was not an Olympic event.

Posted by Billl | Report as abusive

Spinster..what state shall have the pleasure of your residence?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh, like she’s going to tell you that, Pilot. If you know the state, then you can go through the phone books and call every Sixty-Nine Spinster until you find her.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I would be mildly freaked out, if that was a real skeleton. I am going with artificial. That makes it interesting.

This reminds me of something. Did anyone else see the Body World exhibit that toured a few years ago? These bodies, with their mummified and freeze dried muscles and the like, were real. Now that was fascinating!

The above art, is only amusing. :D

Posted by vwgal | Report as abusive

I didn’t see that exhibt, VW, but I read about it. Now, that I found disturbing, because for many of the bodies there was no apparent cause of death. Most looked like they were young and healthy. Maybe they were death squad goofs.

“Oops. Sorry! Sorry! My bad! Sorry!”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Spin, there is ALWAYS space for shoes… I’ll tell you that…
As for the outfits, I have a few sketches… :P

It was a good plan Mr. B., and I would have gotten away with it too if it weren’t for you meddling blogger.. and the influence of the UofW Alumni Association I am sure.

“the Women of the OE Blog will have to have pretty small or tight outfits as we save the world just so that I can fit the clothing into the new ap’t…” … thank you Spinster! Thank you so much for that! :)

And Shra… do I even need to ask? ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Spin, are you going to have to change your name ?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

No Spinster, there will be no need for name changing. And apparently it is ok for a double entendre like that to appear on this family oriented blog.

I have come to find that quoting Samuel L. Jackson is not though. Even with astericks.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Spin, gimme your add and I will be right there!
Oh wait, shoot! You do live on the other side of the pond…. well…. send me pics in the mean time and I will virtually help you find space… I ama pro at organising stuff… My record is 2 hrs and 15 mins… right from organising stuff and putting it in the taxi… to setting up the new place… :)
Mr.Pilot…of course, you need to ask! ;)
CG, why would Spin change her name? Its an amazing name!!

:::sigh::: ok I guess if formalities must be observed… so Shra, you gonna share those sketches with the rest of us. ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

That doesnt sound like a request to me, Mr.Pilot..
you need to use the magic word… ;)

Medidoughnut?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Nope.. keep trying.. I am sure you will hit the jackpot sometime.. lol! :D

Jimmy Choos….. it’s gotta be Jimmy Choos.. or whatever that shoe is called.

Jonny Choos maybe..

Jackie Chans…

I dunno..

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

You just made me look at my printout of those sandals that I would ultimately buy when I am done saving for them… still an year to go…. :::::::sighhhhhhhhh::::::
As for your request, I still dont see you asking, Mr.pilot!!

A years worth of saving for a pair of sandals? Geez.. are they the ones Christ used to walk across water with?

Which would actually be pretty cool..to be able to walk across water. Would serve some very benefical purposes….walking across various bodies of water…..

Ya know what, I think I will start saving for them also! :p

My dearest Ms. Shra,
At your convenience I do humbly request a showing of the various sketches you have done with regard to the costumes you and your fellow lady super-heros will be donning whilst you conquer the forces of all things not Oddly Enough.
With warm regards,
Your truly,
Mr. Pilot

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I got it.. it’s stilettos!

Don’t you worry Spinster, I will wear her down. I can always take it to FB where it’s not so family oriented. ;)

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I must say, I am quite pleased with that request… ;)

I am happy to hear that. :)

Did I get the magic word right though?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

No you did not…. and its reallly a very simple one.. :)
Rack your brains harder, Mr. Pilot..

Hmmm….it could not be…

Not something so simple…

It would be too obvious…

But I will give it a shot..

Please?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

You got that right! (Finally!! “rolling eyes smiley”)

:::phew::: I am glad that was in because my next guess was gonna be superkalafra…

superkalafraga…

super…

You know..that Mary Poppins word. :p

So shall I be expecting said sketches to find their way into my “in” box? ;)

Ummm…. maaaaaybe!

I am giddy with anticipation! :D