Your feet smell like rotting corpses, Ed!

June 2, 2010

I see we have a story offering etiquette tips on how to dress for the office during the summer. This helps me a lot, because my “office” is in my home. My coworkers are two dogs and two cats, so I’m afraid my dress code may be slipping as the heat rolls in. I need some good advice.

summer dress feet 490

“Sandals are iffy for men. Be sure your feet look and smell appropriate for business…”

summer dress guy vertical 220Hey, slow down, etiquette folks, so I can take this all in. You’re saying if my feet stink like a Porta-John and I have curling yellowed toenails, and small rodents keel over dead as I walk by in my sandals, then maybe I should go back for shoes and socks, huh?

This is is GREAT stuff! Tell me more!

Flip-flops are distracting. They make noise and expose your feet. The weather might be sweltering hot, but do you really want your boss raising her eyebrows about your feet?

Okay, again with the feet? I’m not pointing fingers here, but somebody seems obsessed with foot stuff. What else should I know?

“For men, think twice before wearing loafers without socks…”

Stop it with the feet! Right now!

“For women, the more skin you show, the less influence you have….”

FASHION-ITALY/Really? You think so? Not in the world where I live, here on Planet Earth.

“Also avoid: sheer fabrics, short skirts, shorts, Spandex, and bare midriffs…”

Okay, that’s sheer nonsense, pardon the pun. If you allow the women to wear sheer fabrics, short skirts and have bare midriffs, I guarantee you the guys are gonna make that smelly foot thing go away pretty fast.

Top: A man stands in waste water inside a tannery in Cairo in a 2007 file photo. REUTERS/Steve Crisp

Right: A model presents a creation from Tom Rebl Fall/Winter 2010/11 collection during the Berlin Fashion Week January 22, 2010. REUTERS/Tobias Schwarz

Left A model displays a creation as part of the Giorgio Armani Spring/Summer 2010 women’s collection in Milan September 24, 2009. REUTERS/Stefano Rellandini

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler, Oddly Enough. Oddly Enough said: Your feet smell like rotting corpses, Ed! http://link.reuters.com/kes77k [...]

Do you reeeealy think anyone is going to notice the guys shoes? Put him in a kilt or a pair of jeans and he won’t look quite so strapped for suitable clothing.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Jeez, Baz… should hand it to you… you know how to keep your male AND female bloggers happy, that too in ONE blog!!!!
Kudos!!!!!! 3 cheers for Baz!!!

Image 2 suggests that keeping your hat on at work is acceptable, as long as you are appropriately shod. Bet Larry King would like to get his hands on those suspenders.

Posted by ladylala | Report as abusive

What, white bars are out this season?

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

“Whaaaat’s happenin everyone? Yeeaaahh I’m going to have to go ahead and ask you to join the Oddly Enough blog network this weekend.”

Thanks Spinster.. as if a picture of some bare-bummed dude cupping his junk wasn’t bad enough now I have the image of it being Larry King.

Excuse me while I go wash my mind out with Miranda Kerr.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I meant white bars for the toxic waste that guy was standing in, of course.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Ooopppss my mistake… Spinster my aplogies.. it was ladylala who envoked that horrid image not you… see how messed up my mind got!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Thanks a lot, Shra and Spinster, but I like to think my blog performs more of a public service than just making readers happy. I like to think most of my readers found useful information in that post, and are having their feet professionally washed right now.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Foot washing. Yeah, in a country where they “wash” their feet 5 times a day, this place has the grossest feet EVER.

Liking the sheer-wear. Very nice. I second Shra that you are managing to keep everyone engaged on this one.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Yeah, forgot you run a “teaching” blog… you could have been zapped… but I am like the naked butt pic.. so, I am gonna spare you, just this ONE time…

I really appreciate it, Shra. That could have been fatal, what with my feet in this tub of water right now.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

I’m told I have beautiful feet. It’s true! I have no deformities, ugly nails, corns, warts, extra toes, crooked toes, etc. I never wear sandals, but I often wear flip flops.

But the truth is, I have terrible feet. I have chronic plantar fasciitis from more stress fractures than I have kept count of, and my feet often hurt from being repeatedly stepped on in football and basketball.

And all my life, I’ve been told I have very sexy legs (by both men and women!) In the summer I always wear shorts when I’m not wearing a suit. Maybe I should check out this kilt thing for the office, eh? Oooh. Sexay!

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Doc, on behalf of all of us, I’d like to thank you for stopping after describing your feet and legs….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Unca, I could be wrong, but I believe Doughnut Day is June 4 on the Christian calendar…

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Bare feet in a tannery ? I think even my dead thing/waste water vaccinations are grateful to be nowhere near sharp things for that one…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

The first Friday of June (yes, June 4th this year) is Doughnut Day. Both DD & KK have freebies! Go early, go often!
I would like to propose that Doughnut Day be declared the official holiday of the Oddly Enough blog. Do I hear a second?

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Makes me just want to pinch those cheeks! I stopped looking at the barefoot guy walking in waste. Ack!

Posted by vwgal | Report as abusive

Sitting at my table with a glass of wine and listening to an acoustic guitar player’s tunes drift in on the breeze. And now I have this image of a doctor in a kilt rolling through my head. Who needs donuts?????

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

VW, arent they cute? ;)
Onedoor… ooo… sounds interesting… which side of the pond are you on?

Onedoor, that sounds like some enchanted evening!

Unca, Stoogettes? Not sure I like the sound of that. Pink Ladies I could go for :P

Doughnut Day is tomorrow? Awesome!! I’m gonna have a Tim Hortons Boston Cream! mmmmmmmmmmmmdrool

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Darn, where am I gonna find a Tim Horton’s now?!!

@RB: Too much? Ok sorry, how about..

juuuuuuuuuugggss :D :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

@fwd..did one of your comments find its way to the spam basket?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

@unca … you have a deep and wise understanding of the meaning of this blog, grasshopper. May the force be with you.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Unca, now that brings back memories of liberty in Manilla. Good times!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

[...] loved our career-enhancing tips on summer dress codes for the office, our piece on what cologne to avoid if you’re going into the jungle, and our efforts to [...]

[...] boss advised not to “clank your utensils loudly against your teeth,” while our tips on Summer dress etiquette said if you plan to wear sandals to work, “be sure your feet look and smell appropriate for [...]