It only comes with a license to injure?

June 3, 2010

Blog Guy, I saw a story saying the famous Aston Martin that James Bond used in “Goldfinger” and “Thunderball” is going up for auction.

You’re too late. I actually had the winning bid. I got every guy’s fantasy car!

aston martin 490

Wow! What will you do with it?

Are you kidding me? I’m taking it on a road trip, to test out those hidden machine guns behind the parking lights. Watch out for those bad boys!

You’re going to USE the machine guns?

bond aston martin 300Sure, but only in red states, don’t worry.

What about that cool device behind the flashing turn indicator that spews oil all over the place?

No, that seems kind of redundant, under present circumstances.

And the ejector seat?

Of course, but that one may have to wait for a visit from my editor.

Gotta run. I’m heading out now try my all-time favorite feature. I’m going to drive it straight into the Potomac River, so it can turn into a submersible just like in the movie.

NO, Blog Guy! That was a different car from another Bond… Oh, never mind.

Top: James Bond’s 1964 Aston Martin DB5 in an undated image. REUTERS/RM Auctions/Shooterz

Right: Sean Connery poses with the Aston Martin from “Goldfinger” in a 1964 photo.

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler and Oddly Enough, eBusiness BPO Inc.. eBusiness BPO Inc. said: It only comes with a license to injure? http://bit.ly/aiCFQp [...]

Doesnt Sean Connery look dashing? Gosh, he is still drool worthy… :P and that car is just super!

I love Aston Martin, the gem. :)

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Ah, Sean … and he wears kilts … my weakness!

Posted by BethyB | Report as abusive

Blog Guy, shooting at drivers on the beltway has already been done. Maybe you could park at the visitors’ centers and take out a few vehicles. Oh, that’s right, the visitor centers are closed! Just park in your driveway and when the Death Squad appears…

Hey, can we get a photo of you in a kilt?

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Shra, once went to a teacher’s retirement party. There was a picture of Sean Connery out front before you came into the party. I asked why and was told that it was actually a picture of my teacher as a young man. Swear it looked just like Sean Connery as James Bond though.

Posted by Gwai | Report as abusive

“‘Do you expect me to scream?’ ‘No Mr. Bond, I expect you to join the Oddly Enough blog network!’”

Hey Mr. B., can you come over to Long Island and test out the machine guns during rush hour on the Long Island Expressway? Or during rush hour on any road on Long Island?

On an off-topic note, but still having to do with vehicles nature, yours truly got himself a motorcycle! Just want to mention it because I am pretty excited. Still have to get a license though. Yes, I got the bike before I got the license. Backwards I know but the bike was a good deal. :)

Thank you for letting me share that, you may now return to your regularly scheduled blogging.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ouch. Guess you haven’t heard about what happened in Cumbria yesterday eh?

After that morbid note, Sean Connery…gawds there a man to drool over!! And the car?! Swoon!!

ifly, congrats on the bike! Drive safe now ya’hear?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Thanks for asking, Onedoor. Nope.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

About that list Mr B….

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Gwai, i wish that teacher was still young… ;)
Mr.Pilot, can I get a ride? ;)
One, I’ll google that today, “Sean Connery in a kilt!”… I am sure to hit something… ;)

Shra, any time me dear! :)

And that goes for everyone else who wishes to place their lives in my hands. heh

Thank you very much E. I do plan on being as safe as possible! I just hope the other drivers out here don’t muck things up too bad for me. That’s why I need Mr. B. to bring up the Aston Martin and display those machine guns for me! :p

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Bah! Don’t worry about other drivers ifly, you RULE the road!!

Shra, be sure you have a bucket to catch the drool!

Oh…and yeah I’m working late tonight. Go figure.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Take two doughnuts and call me in the morning …

Now, if it had a helicopter button, I’d be interested.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

I used to work for a total scumbag who was Scottish and resembled Sean Connery; it put me off James Bond for years.

The car though…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Thanks, Unca. Makes me barf just to look at it, but then my feelings about gyrocopters are well known….

http://blogs.reuters.com/oddly-enough/20 07/08/24/quick-robin-to-the-gyrocopter/

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Unca, now I know how I am gonna get around while the jet-packs are in for service!!

justCAM..when Inspector Gadget sells his car you should look into it!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

BG, lemme tell one thing out right… we are teh best commentators you have had since 2007!!!
Thats darn right!

What’s the average turnover for an OE commenter? And was this before or after the advent of medidoughnuts.

Cause ya know, that may or may not have something to do with it.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Ah.. you might not see eating a donut smeared with cream cheese and lox but can you see a bagel smeared with cream cheese and lox laced with sprinkles?

Hmmm…can ya?