Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Goofy new attraction for Doughnut Day

June 4, 2010

OBAMA/

Blog Guy, did I read someplace that your Goofy Face Museum and Doughnut Shop is turning into a wax museum as well?

Well, not exactly, but in the tourist entertainment business it’s a fact of life that you have to have a couple of wax figures, just to pull the hayseeds in off the streets.

hortons doughnut 340Warm doughnuts and goofy faces aren’t enough anymore?

Sadly, apparently not. So I got a very good deal on a wax Paul McCartney and Barack Obama.

Why were they such a bargain?

Just look at them! They’re horrible! No facial expressions, no life, they might as well have WAX stamped on their foreheads.

We put them face-to-face in our museum just for fun, as if they met but couldn’t think of anything to say to each other. Oh well, the stupid tourists seem to love it.

DOUGHNUTSBy the way, isn’t there something you want to say to me today?

YES! HAPPY NATIONAL DOUGHNUT DAY, BLOG GUY!

Thanks, you remembered! Mention this blog at the museum today, and get a free doughnut made fresh within the past week or so.

U.S. President Barack Obama honors Paul McCartney at the White House in Washington June 2, 2010.  McCartney was awarded the 3rd Gershwin Prize for Popular Song from the Library of Congress. REUTERS/Kevin Lamarque

A Tim Hortons employee grabs a doughnut for a customer in Calgary in a 2006 file photo. REUTERS/J.P. Moczulski

A customer samples a doughnut at the opening of the Krispy Kreme doughnut store at Harrods in London, in a 2003 file photo. REUTERS/David Bebber

Comments

I cant find a Tim Horton’s here… never heard of it…
I am runninng to the bakery though, be right back with a stack of donuts!

“Feeling holey? Joing the Oddly Enough blog network!”

Extra sprinkles, please. run, Shra, run! :-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

@Cam: LOL good one :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

Bet you could stack the doughnuts on their heads in celebration of the day! Tourists could then by a doughnut from the Head of State…

Read it is also “Hug Your Cat” day. No pets where I live; though I do help out my friends with pets. The thought of hugging that cat would have me runnning for extra medi donughts before my eyes were scratched out.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Hug Your Cat day? If I did that my cat would scratch the life outta me!! Sheesh, who the heck thought that one up?!

So I know it’s an American ‘holiday’ and I’m Canadian living in Ireland, but heck I’ll celebrate!! Couldn’t get a boston cream but got a chocolate glaze with chocolate sprinkles doughnuts (added a few extra ‘sprinkles’ of my own ;) ). I am soooooo happy! Especially as it’s a Tim’s. You cannot imagine my glee when Tim Horton’s started showing up in Dublin!!!

Happy Doughnut Day everyone! Eat and be merry!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

justCAM, spot on mate!

So I work across from a Dunkin Donuts and my co-worker had some gift certificates. It’s a doughnut-rific day! :D

And I dunno… the POTUS and Mr. McCartney look quite happy to see each other. See how they are looking longingly into each others eyes?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

My kids found out about the “Hug Your Cat” day and dared me to hug our 22 lb Maine Coon Cat, Little One. Actually, I’m the only one in the family that he’ll put up with that kind of treatment from, so I gave it a shot. He let me live, with only flesh wounds for my sins.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Awesome news Jazz!! Might try it when I get home to Etcetera tonight. He may be in a mood to let me hug him. Actually he had me in stitches the other morning when I woke up to find him moving around on the bed, I thought he was under the duvet but I lifted the duvet and nope…wasn’t there. So I looked on top of the duvet and nope…wasn’t there. But he was clearly moving on the bed!! Turns out he’d crawled INTO the duvet cover (between the buttons) and the poor dear was looking for a way out!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

LOL!!!! That is just awesome! Hey, E, remember, he let me hold him!!! Yeahhh!!!! My hug was much in advance to today though… :P

Mr. Obama is the only person I have ever heard say they felt ‘intensely angry’ and were ‘furious’ and yet sound bored and dis-interested while saying it.
He’s a robot!
Make him take the Turing test, I say.

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

Obviously I’m all confused again. Here was me thinking it was ‘hug your donut day’.
Probably explains why I can’t find a Dunkin’ Cats store anyplace.

Posted by Nosmo_King | Report as abusive

Were you Unca… were you really joking?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive