Comin’ to you, on a dusty road, good lovin’, I got a truck load…

June 5, 2010

blues brothers 490

Blog Guy, I always read your blog for the latest information on movies. There’s a rumor that they are remaking a 30-year-old classic. Any truth to that?

Yes, I think you’re talking about the remake of “The Blues Brothers.”

Why on EARTH would Hollywood feel the need to do that?

It’s not Hollywood. It’s Peru.

blues movie 280PERU? Well that’s just stupid.

This photo at the top is a studio still from the new “Los Hermanos de Blues,” performing “Soul Hombre.” I hear that…

I’m gonna interrupt you here, Blog Guy. Let me guess. It’s a hot Saturday in June, you’d like to go swimming, so you grabbed the first halfway funny photo you  found. Am I close?

Maybe. Do me a favor. Look at the top photo again, and then look at this still here from the original movie.

Damn, Blog Guy, that’ IS pretty funny! It’s a Saturday, and yet I’m laughing like it’s a weekday! That’s a great service you provide!

Thanks. I’m off now, but I’ll moderate comments from poolside.

Top: Police officers demonstrate tactical operations during a media display of security deployment for the upcoming 40th General Assembly of the Organization of American States in Lima, June 3, 2010. REUTERS/Mariana Bazo

Bottom: Scene from “The Blues Brothers”

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by robert basler, Oddly Enough. Oddly Enough said: Comin’ to you, on a dusty road, good lovin’, I got a truck load… http://link.reuters.com/wac48k [...]

Dude in the front is a little slow to draw. Looks like an out-take from “Men in Black”, maybe. Or not.

Jeez BG, are you an insomniac? Or are you just catering to your overseas crowd (I use the term “crowd” very loosely here) today?

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Nice here at 5:30 – I was out walking. Even gave directions to a lost driver. Correct directions! Being of the Directionally Challenged Tribe, I was overjoyed he asked me something I knew. Am happy to know anything pre-coffee.

Let’s see, warm breeze, sunshine, poolside breakfast,nap, moderate, poolside lunch, nap, moderat,time for another nap, lap or drink… BG has it down, Dave.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Hey, Lou, Shra and I can be a crowd if we want to be.

I’d always assumed they were posted on a delay when they come in so early. Or one of the office flunkies did it.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Yeah seriously Mr. B., what are you doing up at 4:58am on a Saturday? What, did you want to get some skinny-dipping in before the sun came up and the neighbors saw you?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Nurse, I do have the ability to put them on time-release but I seldom do that, and probably wouldn’t choose 4:58 a.m. I also don’t trust the junior staff on the Oddly Enough overnight shift to actually publish items. They’re smart kids, but…

I got up very early this morning for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure, and decided to publish one before I left. I won’t make it a habit…..

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

IF I was going to publish on time-release 4.58am is exactly the kind of time I’d choose. So how many stories do you have saved in the ‘publish in case of emergency’ pile?
Hope you had a good day, by the way.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

Had a great day, thanks. I’m feeling rich, blog-wise, because I currently have four finished items ready to go, which means if I get dragged off by a wolverine today, nobody will notice until Tuesday.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Kudos on the Komen race. No wolverine will drag you off or eat your homework, unless you wanted one too:) I’d watch out for the crazy weasels. In fact, I always hoped to see one, even if they do laugh themselves into the beyond. What a way to go!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

Everyone goes for the Wolverine. He is the most popular X-Man after all.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Aren’t wolverines quite small for body dragging ?

Dave – dude to the right looks like he has false lower legs.

Hello, fellow insomniacs. Welcome. Will it be cold and sleepy daylight soon ? Please ?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

You can not possibly be really fast wearing a tie :D

Posted by fwd079 | Report as abusive

I don’t want the two body guards on the far left. One seems to be assuming self-defensive, protect-my-head posture. The other, I’m afraid, would use me as a human shield, too. In fine, the bodies they seem to be guarding are their own.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

I walk, I don’t run. I do it every year on a team headed by a dear friend who lost his sister several years ago. Yes, our team topped $55,000 this year. If I say any more, I fear a zap from Shra….

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

Well done Baz. That’s a great acomplishment. And I don’t think Shra would zap you for that!!

As for the Blues Brothers, it’s the only time I ever found Dan Ackroyd sexy. Yowza. Need to watch me that movie again!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I wouldnt zap you at all, Baz….well done you!!!

The ice cream truck went past and forgot to stop.

The two guys are pulling their guns to blow out it’s tires. (Or tyres.. depending on where you are from, I don’t want to be culturally insensative!)

The other two guys are running back to the house to get money.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Better hope he can blow out the tyres before he tires, unca.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive