And the winner is…

June 11, 2010

Blog Guy, you’ve kept us in suspense long enough. Give us the answer to your “feebus” puzzle from yesterday.

Just to recap for newcomers, you showed an odd assortment of photos – the sleeves on some new fashion designs, Paramount Pictures CEO Brad Grey, a Chinese wok and a Tour de France winner with a tray of champagne.

california screaming combo 320 thisYou said these somehow suggested a classic rock song. So, what was it?

Have you checked that post recently? A genius named Tim got it right, which just knocks me out. He correctly identified it as that great ’60s Mamas and Papas hit that begins…

All the sleeves are brown,

And this guy is Grey

I’ve been out for a wok

On a winner’s tray…

Blog Guy, you’re a true moron. An imbecile. You’ve got those lyrics all wrong.

Oh yeah, then how did Tim figure it out? What a fantastic song. Who can ever forget the rousing closing bars, suggested by today’s photos:

California Screaming,

On such a winner’s traaaaaaaaaay!

california screaming 260Join the Oddly Enough blog network

Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant screams out after slam dunking… REUTERS/Danny Moloshok

Anaheim Ducks right wing Bobby Ryan screams out after scoring a second period power play goal… REUTERS/Mike Blake

Singer Ozzy Osbourne shows his Scream Rock Immortal Award… REUTERS/Gene Blevins

Actor Jack Nicholson yells at the referee… REUTERS/Danny Moloshok

Rider Floyd Landis of the U.S., overall winner in the leader’s yellow jersey, is handed a tray of champagne glasses to toast his victory with his team mates as he takes his lap of honor around the Champs Elysees after the final stage of the 93rd Tour de France cycling race in a 2006 file photo. REUTERS/Benoit Tessier

[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Bangkok Dude and robert basler, Oddly Enough. Oddly Enough said: And the winner is… http://link.reuters.com/hak59k [...]

Speaking of screaming. Why do we have to endure such torture on a Friday? Just pass the donuts.

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

Please someone pass me the Valium ones…. this screaming inside my head just doesnt stop…

I liked it BG! However, I am not quite right…

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream, a scoop of rich vanilla on a warm donut. Bliss.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

GROAN … good job Tim. You were able to read the mind of a slightly deranged blog writer. Someone take BG’s keyboard away, stat! ;-)

Shra, run out for more ‘duh-oh’nuts. We’re gonna need a couple of extra trays full.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

California Screamin’…of course. I knew that. Just didn’t have time to post yesterday.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

“Ride the crazy train, join the Oddly Enough blog network”

I woke up this morning and my brain already began the shut-down process for the weekend. It’s gonna be an interesting day at work.

Congrats to Tim for wasting his time and winning nothing. But then again, we are all winners when it comes to wasting time on the OE blog aren’t we. :)

TimMAHHH!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

I ran out last time for donuts, CAM… YOU get the tray filled this time!!!

ifly, you just reminded me of one of my favourites quotes ever….”I’m on a freight train to Crazy Town!” Aaaah!!!!

I’m going loopy. Really. I am. Do you think if I go loopy enough I’ll loop right back to the beginning where I’m sane again?

:?

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

My secretary has informed me that she has taken all of my “initial stickers” (those stickers that say “initial here”) and replaced them with “color stickers.” I wonder, do they say “color here?”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

If it’s the winner’s tray, shouldn’t he fill it? Suitable amends for having the nerve to get the febus right!

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Did someone mention the crazy train? Welcome aboard friends, please have your tickets ready as the conductor comes through the carriage.
Whoo Whoo!

Posted by zeitgeist | Report as abusive

E … You’re OK, the rest of the world has a problem.

BTW – I hear this blog offers excellent psychiatric health benefits. 5 cents.

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

E, that might be one of those paradoxical things. You might want to consult Doc about such matters.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Good point, Ifly. I shall have to consult my loopiness books. I think the answer will be found in one titled “Abnormal Loopiness.” In the meantime, E, let me have my “assistant” send your “assistant” some color stickers….

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

It’s been something about this week Shra, I’ve been waiting for the screaming to stop for several days now. Hence the change of profile picture. :/

Blog Guy, can your next Rebus feature that misheard Whitney Houston classic “Tonight, I sellotape my gloves… to you..” ?

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

How about Sammy Davis, Jr.’s “The Randy Man.”

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Or Bob Dylan – “The ants are my friends”.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

It has been a crazy week but had a fantastic weekend… a college friend “just turned up” in Edinburgh! Literally!!!
Had a grand time showing off a beautiful city and he couldnt stop saying “this is beautiful… that is fantastic… man, that is gorgeous”….
I just said… “I know… “… tee hee….
and to the US folks… that was soooooooo not a goal!!!

Hey now, if it crossed the line it’s a gooooooaaaaaaallllllll! :) Nothing says the ball can’t take it’s time doing so. ha ha

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Oh, that’s right. Somebody, somewhere is playing soccer. Didn’t watch. I had paint drying.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Ok… next time around… I’ll just support the winning team… and scream and sigh at every team’s goal and miss… how’s that?

Where is the fun in that Shra?

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Very true… since I have more American friends than English… I will support “Anyone but England”… though I am actually gonna root for Brazil… :D
Brazeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel………… lalalalalalalalala!!!

Ah see here, for us in Ireland it’s anybody but France. And I’ve even seen some shops offer deal and sales when ‘France get knocked out’. Yes, we’re still that angry with them!!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Is it hockey season yet??

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Or football, American football, that is.

Posted by DoctorDoll | Report as abusive

Spin, I would loooooooooooooooooooove to go to the Carnival…
Just like I would love to travel around all over the world…
Unca… the way the people reacted to me in the pub when I was getting all worked up during the match, I have two options:
1. dont watcha match in a pub
2. dont support England if I do….