Oddly Enough Blog

News, but not the serious kind

Gosh, it looks like they’re really flying!

June 12, 2010

COLOMBIA/

First, let me thank you all for coming in to audition. Looks like a great group of actors here.

hooks woman 240You will all be trying out for parts in our edgy new play, Peter Pain.

Excuse me Mr. Director, I think there’s a typo here. Don’t you mean Peter PAN?

No. We’re staging the scenes of Peter and Tinkerbell flying in a whole new way. They’ll be hanging from piercings in the skin on their backs.

Ewwwwwww!!!! What is the artistic logic behind that?

Well, for one thing, it gives a whole new meaning to the name “Captain Hook.”

Okay actors, who wants to audition first? Has everybody had their tetanus shot? Remember, make sure you only fly over that big┬áplastic tarp, so we don’t have to mop up the whole stage…

Lower your expectations. Join the Oddly Enough blog network

A man is suspended on hooks pierced through his skin during the International Tattoo Convention in Bogota June 6, 2010.

A woman is suspended on hooks pierced through her skin during the convention.

REUTERS photos by John Vizcaino

Comments

Noooooo!!!!! What is seen cannot be unseen.

“Get hooked, join the OE Blog Network”

Posted by Dave_not_dave | Report as abusive

What piercing reporting.
I am going to try to unsee this Dave, and pray the airlines don’t see it. Business, coach and the new hang glider rider class.

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

He is doing Spider-man all wrong!

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Wow. Those hooks have got to be through a fair chunk of skin not to be ripping straight through.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Spin … Cinderella and Bambi hanging from the ceiling by hooks? Now you’re talking! ;-)

Posted by justCAM | Report as abusive

Oh dear. This helps explain why the doctors have asked me not to take vacations and leave you all unguarded. I’m feeling guilty already.

Posted by rcbasler | Report as abusive

BG, we are behaving nicely today and playing well with others.

Vacation at the Tattoo Convention? BG get off the pc and get that tat finished!

Posted by Onedoor | Report as abusive

justCAM… Bambi hanging from the ceiling by hooks means the restaurant serves venison.

Posted by iflydaplanes | Report as abusive

Upon seeing those pictures, the shooting,..umm… piercing pains in my lower back just got less painful.

And, “hook” my son up to that holey convention!

Posted by vwgal | Report as abusive

Spin… not a good thing to think of, first thing in the morning…Bambi and Cindi on the hooks… when I havent even had coffee!!!
I saw how veal was made yesterday…. and I cant decide what to think about it…. I dont even eat beef/pork or veal!!!

A bit??? You say a bit??? Imagining Cindi swinging from the hooks… while Prince Charming mops the floor continuously has scarred me for life…

Actually…if you do it right you wouldn’t have that much blood to mop up.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I thought it was Bambi’s mom that got the hook.

Posted by AllThatJazz | Report as abusive

Crowgirl was lacking a harness for her brushcutter at the weekend. Maybe she can just stick a meat hook through her hip and attach it to that.

Posted by knit_nurse | Report as abusive

It’s okay, I found the harness today when we were dismantling the milking parlour.

Shra, they “make” veal the same way they make beef, it’s just a lot quicker and easier ‘cos the cows are so much smaller and lighter.

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Baz, I can’t tell ya how, and I can’t tell ya why, but this post has actually inspired me. Thank you! Mwah!!

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Yeah CG, saw River Cottage the other day… Well, lets just say I am not keen on red meat….
E, you are really scaring me…. telling me you are only getting a piercing and not “hooking” up?

Too true Spinster…they are indeed a personal matter. So are my piercings come to think of it…

:P

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Nah, we all know ifly only has eyes for Shra ;)

Any hey, I only have…three piercings…it’s not what you think!! Honest!

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

E – I wonder if it’s the same three that I have ?

Shra – I hate to break it to you like this, but white meat is just as dead !

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

Spin… I aint saying a word… :D
CG, yeah I know… but somehow chickens dont look as adorable as cows and the other 4 legged animals…

Good morning OE’ers!! I’m having such a depressing day that my head is not in work-mode and so I am going to challenge myself to see how much time I can waste today. :P Anyone wanna open a book on it?

ifly is strangely silent on the issue of his eyes…but no, my stilettos aren’t red. They’re pink. Which is funny, because I hate pink!! Well actually, only the stilletto part is pink, the shoe is black the strap is shimmery multi-coloured fabric. Pretty!

Lou, I’ll take a closer look at your FB pics and let you know if our piercings match. Still haven’t heard from my dad on the sausage recipe.

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I wanna waste time too… soooooo bored!
Strangely, a lot of people asked me today when i finish up and when I said next friday, they all were like “counting days, eh”?… I didnt say this out loud… but I woulda liked to scream, “YOU BETCHA!!”

Shra, why not scream it out?! You’ll feel better and they’ll leave you alone for the next…8.5 days that you have left ;)

Spinster, my spirits have lifted. Medi-donoughts helped but so did my hour in the sun for lunch. Lovely!! (And no I am not going to think about how I’m stuck back at work for the afternoon!!)

:D

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

You know what… if I was a beer lover… all I would want to do during lunch break is go and sit in one of the pubs here and have a beer and people watch….
So many tourists here that I almost feel like a native… teeheehee… :D
But seriously… I could actually do that right now… just that I dont like beer… and no suitable company around… Did I mention there are loads of dumb guys around?

Ahh… lunch in the sunshine… a glass of vodka and lemonade… a few choice Mr.Fab Abs strutting around with their bare minimums on….
Blissss!

Shra…I live in Ireland. Not many Fab Abs here.

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

I know E… I saw the lack of it mahself… :(
Not that there are any better here… though they do wear their kilts.. and I must say, they look verrry cute.. :D

Off to find some adorable chicken pics for Shra…

Posted by CrowGirl | Report as abusive

No No CG!!! You want me to turn vegetarian? I cant give up my chicken… not that I havent tried… I have… after seeing chick pics…
But.. but… but…. I cant resist chicken… :(

Next time you’re in Dublin Shra, I’ll make you my famous Chicken Fried Rice.

I’m a steak girl myself, having been born and bred in cattle country! (That’s Alberta, Canada to the rest of you folks ;))

Mmmmmm steak! I think I know what I’m having for dinner tonight!

:drool:

E.

Posted by egeria | Report as abusive

Thanks E!! Let that be on the menu for next time then!!! :)
I had Chinese yesterday after like agesssssss!!! Lemon Chicken in a honey sauce and Chicken Chowmein… :)
Ahhhh!!! lovely!!!!